Binghamton to the ECHL?

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
haha I remember that team. They made such a big deal about their GM being a female.
Nicole Kupaks was seemingly suckered into finding a buyer for the former Laredo Bucks franchise in an unfriendly minor pro hockey market by the Bucks owners, only to be left hanging in a town where she had no apparent connections. Best I could tell, she didn't last long in the Chill GM position once their one-and-only season started, hopefully of her own accord. IMO, she was a nice young lady who got played by the business.

Checkers Hockey

Veni, vidi, vici
Best I could tell, she didn't last long in the Chill GM position once their one-and-only season started, hopefully of her own accord. IMO, she was a nice young lady who got played by the business.
Yeah, she left the Chill months before they played their one-and-done season. Her backstory is rather interesting. She left an executive job at Dell to go work for the Bucks.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Yeah, she left the Chill months before they played their one-and-done season. Her backstory is rather interesting. She left an executive job at Dell to go work for the Bucks.
She might have left the GM job before the season started, but she was at least acting as a team ambassador during the early part of the season because that's when I first met her. She engaged me & some friends who were visiting from the Quad Cities before one of the games we attended, thanking us for making the trip (mine was MUCH shorter). After that, she was at most of the games I attended, with her young boys.

Andre Poodle Lussier

Apr 1, 2012
Semi seclusion
It would be nice if they did come into the ECHL it would help some of the current teams travel costs. As of right now the closest team that Reading travels to is just over 4 hours away. Binghamton would almost cut that in half. I think travel costs hurt most teams in the lower levels.

This may have been said somewhere else in ECHL world but having a lot of Reading's old rivals (Reading, Toledo, Cincinnati) all in another conference really doesn't do those guys any favors. Reading probably has more history with South and Central division teams at this point since most of the North is relocations or recent expansion teams.

If you could pull Wheeling (at minimum) into the North, it'd probably help Reading a bit.

But, yeah, it'd help to get a couple more teams in the Northeast & Mid Atlantic into the ECHL...but it's probably going to be tough to pull off given AHL's been so established with a lot of these towns.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If they get an ECHL team they need to keep the Black Bears name and logo because that thing is incredible. Whomever designed it is a genius.

Reactions: HockeyDude16

Checkers Hockey

Veni, vidi, vici
Context matters: It's a really neat homage to the Bingo Whalers that was the most absurdly brilliant logo ever (Whalers logo turned sideways to turn the W into a B)
I like to think this was the inspiration for the Black bears
Binghamton-Bearcats-emblem.jpg

Reactions: bleedblue94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad