Binghamton to the ECHL?

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
Good god your post was cringe.
Anyway, we could also look at Norfolk, which has suffered from the drop from the A to the ECHL. Was I wrong for saying it would be a failure, maybe, but I have a feeling the Fed is going to the market.

If cringing for more than four hours is your natural reaction to having someone show you line by line exactly where you're both flat out wrong as well as using horrifically flawed logic, you might want to see a doctor.

Minor League Rando

Mar 13, 2021
If cringing for more than four hours is your natural reaction to having someone show you line by line exactly where you're both flat out wrong as well as using horrifically flawed logic, you might want to see a doctor.

bec.jpg

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
Gotta disagree with many posts here. Binghamton or Utica is not anymore entitled to the AHL then Adirondack is, they just were smart enough to anticipate the trend of the AHL. They built a great organization in Glens Falls, if Binghamton cannot accept the times then they will find themselves outside looking in. Utica is just plain lucky they have a guy like Esche, he is a hockey person first. I am not convinced there were a "few" NHL teams interested, the Devil always appears when a market is in a no win situation.

Last edited:

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Wow the comments on those articles posted!

Going from the AHL to the ECHL in the fashion could really burn the market. I believe it could hurt the fans more then anything.

And the FHL coming in now doesn't do that?

If anything the FHL makes things significantly worse in this situation. Sure the fans in Binghamton have hockey for this season which is nice, but the ECHL especially a well run operation provides the best long term stability.

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
The FHL is a glorified beer league that for whatever reason hasn't just crumbled into the annals of history. The league has what two or three owners that own every team in the league. It mismanages its players, have been sued and was essentially forced to change its name to avoid the collapse of the league.

The FHL belong on the heap of mistake throughout mankind. If I want beer league hockey I'll go an watch beer league hockey for free at my local rink. At least, I know I'll see more talent there than at any FHL game.

Minor League Rando

Mar 13, 2021
The adult reaction to having someone point out your false statements and incorrect assumptions is anything other than what you're doing. If you're incapable of defending yourself with adults words and some logic, go back to the kid's table.

lmao why are you crying over me speculating.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
lmao why are you crying over me speculating.
I think the issue came down to you saying the echl would flop in 3-4 years and hurt the market in general for hockey, but then acting like the fed wouldn't have issues there or damage the market for better leagues in the future. I think people would be open to hearing what you based those statements on and when you've backed away from providing any info to back the statements up than they kinda start breaking your balls a little bit...

Last edited:

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Not sure if anyone watched the fed league presser in binghamton today but yikes. ONE question was asked: "why did you pick this league?"

presser is on the news outlet page for wbng on facebook

Last edited:
Reactions: wildcat48 and mk80

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
If both Binghamton and The Fed mutually agreed to host a team for one season I see nothing wrong with the arrangement. If you or me not being from Binghamton have no place to say this is a bad move. This keeps the lights on and the staff working at the arena. This gives the fans some hockey to get behind and support after a year and half of no hockey...Who are we to pass judgment?

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
If both Binghamton and The Fed mutually agreed to host a team for one season I see nothing wrong with the arrangement. If you or me not being from Binghamton have no place to say this is a bad move. This keeps the lights on and the staff working at the arena. This gives the fans some hockey to get behind and support after a year and half of no hockey...Who are we to pass judgment?
This is a discussion board for minor league hockey. 90% of what we do is pass judgment on other teams. I see no harm in debating the pros and cons of a federal league team in Binghamton. If it keeps the lights on and the ushers and concession workers paid until they get something else that's a positive for those folks. If local sports fans get fed up with the frequent changes in team name, affiliation, league and stop going, that's not good for the long term. If some people who have never been to a game before go to an FPHL game and aren't impressed, then don't give the next team a chance, that's bad.

Is is better to have lower level hockey for 21-22 vs waiting another year and having better hockey? That's the root of the debate.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Good god your post was cringe.
Anyway, we could also look at Norfolk, which has suffered from the drop from the A to the ECHL. Was I wrong for saying it would be a failure, maybe, but I have a feeling the Fed is going to the market.
Norfolk has had issues going back to their AHL days. The loss of the Tampa affiliation and drop to the echl only magnified them.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Norfolk has had issues going back to their AHL days. The loss of the Tampa affiliation and drop to the echl only magnified them.
no, it went back before 2000, Centrum.....

the decision by the Blackhawks one, then the reality of their history being replaced because the city decreed the franchise has to be Norfolk as a part of that transition after being successful as Hampton Roads.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
This is a discussion board for minor league hockey. 90% of what we do is pass judgment on other teams. I see no harm in debating the pros and cons of a federal league team in Binghamton. If it keeps the lights on and the ushers and concession workers paid until they get something else that's a positive for those folks. If local sports fans get fed up with the frequent changes in team name, affiliation, league and stop going, that's not good for the long term. If some people who have never been to a game before go to an FPHL game and aren't impressed, then don't give the next team a chance, that's bad.

Is is better to have lower level hockey for 21-22 vs waiting another year and having better hockey? That's the root of the debate.
I can share with complete confidence that the federal league is only there because there's no viable tenant for this year. They're opt-outs in the contract that allow for another team to come in if they want to. From the outside looking in I can't imagine that this would have actually happened if we're at the end of the devil's lease deal. Based on the circumstances this is entirely a keep the lights on move to get through one year while buying an ownership group sometime to get everything put together to bring in a longer term more stable tenant. There's already a Facebook page set up for a perspective ECHL team in Binghamton. It's pretty obvious what's going on here

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
I think the issue came down to you saying the echl would flop in 3-4 years and hurt the market in general for hockey, but then acting like the fed wouldn't have issues there or damage the market for better leagues in the future. I think people would be open to hearing what you based those statements on and when you've backed away from providing any info to back the statements up than they kinda start breaking your balls a little bit...

This....

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
I get keeping the lights on but there is enough work to be done in setting up a new franchise that people would not lack for work. They could have attracted other events to help with the lack of hockey.

I just hope that the FHL doesn't sour the market

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... This keeps the lights on and the staff working at the arena. This gives the fans some hockey to get behind and support after a year and half of no hockey...Who are we to pass judgment?
This is a discussion board for minor league hockey. 90% of what we do is pass judgment on other teams. I see no harm in debating the pros and cons of a federal league team in Binghamton. ... Is is better to have lower level hockey for 21-22 vs waiting another year and having better hockey? That's the root of the debate.
To amplify @royals119's position on this matter: Who are we? We are The ECHL, NWHL, and other Minor Pro Leagues Tribunal ... and this Forum of Justice is now in session. :deadhorse

Ratitude

May 2, 2020

Well sure it is, I get that. You're preaching to the choir here lol. Debate, discussion, speculation etc is definitely not passing judgement

Hit Em Hoss

Nov 23, 2021
Look the goal is to keep the barn "AHL" ready they say. After next season the ECHL may seem like the NHL to that market.

The AHL has passed that market by. In all honesty the AHL is starting to become a worse watch than the ECHL with all the NHL owned teams. Discounting the high end prospects that make up the top of an AHL team the difference. Between an AHL team and ECHL team isn't what it used to be. In the ECHL chances are a team is not owned by a higher up league team. They have more flexibility. That aspect is nice. The NHL has ruined the AHL product. They don't care if your team actually wins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad