Bill Nylander Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
Marner is so much above Nylander that he pokes god in the *** when celibrates a goal, the few times Nylander scores you know he pokes the Devil. And Marner did it all by himself with no support, no line chemestry, no ice time, no ppl time. All alone despite his team are like the army of undead. And at the end of that army there walks Nylander with Marleau and Brown by his side.

Ok i hippibrained there. But its the saint against the pagan story. And that fight will sadly never end. Maby when the pagan gets pitchforked out of town. I hope not.

you're starting to sound like me

go to sleep

Reactions: ZEBROA

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
I'll be like Pierre and provide some useless info - a decade ago the player that Mark Stone said he modeled his game after, the one and only Alex Ponikarovsky finished 16th in scoring among the league's left wingers. Since points tell the whole story, for that season, and the one after that where he was on a 55 point pace, the Pony Express was at full flight. I still can't believe that we traded him next year and only got Skoula and Caputi for our elite 6'4 left winger.

As for the thread topic - where will Naz be slotted next round? Is he still gonna be a center, especially after the uptick in Nylander's game??

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I'll be like Pierre and provide some useless info - a decade ago the player that Mark Stone said he modeled his game after, the one and only Alex Ponikarovsky finished 16th in scoring among the league's left wingers. Since points tell the whole story, for that season, and the one after that where he was on a 55 point pace, the Pony Express was at full flight. I still can't believe that we traded him next year and only got Skoula and Caputi for our elite 6'4 left winger.

As for the thread topic - where will Naz be slotted next round? Is he still gonna be a center, especially after the uptick in Nylander's game??

We are getting ahead of ourselves here... But IF we beat out Boston,
There is no doubt Kadri will be 3C. Willy will be 2RW or 3RW depending on how Babs wants to match up against CLB.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Should we get by the Bruins, Naz goes back to #3C. The better question is who comes out. For me it would be Marleau, Goat, Ennis, Brown, Moore in that order. For Babs, it will be Ennis or Moore.

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
Next year:

Hyman Tavares Marner
Kadri Matthews Bracco
Moore Nylander Kapanen
Engvall Gauthier Brown
Ennis

Rielly _______
Muzzin Zaitsev
Dermott Liljegren
Rosen Ozhiganov

Andersen
________

1 Trade Johnsson for a top 4
2 Trade Marleau for cap space
3 Sign a back up
Why are we trading Johnsson when he has unbelievable chemistry with Tavares and Matthews?

Reactions: Budsfan

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
People will never understand underlying stats. Only the elite virtual General Managers use them, and they are always underlying (fleeting/can't be seen by mortals).

;-)

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
Unbelievable chemistry? He had 43 points matthews had 70, they did ok at best together
Curious to know if you caught any playoff games before posting? Also what are his 5 v 5 stats and how many PP points of those 43 points compared to Matthews? I’m sure his advanced stats with Tavares and Matthews 5 v 5 screams unbelievable chemsitry. Not to mention he’s shown in these playoffs he fits. So yeah if unbelievable is not the right word for you, is strong chemistry fair?

Last edited:

leafygoods

Defending Champs
Aug 12, 2009
Halifax
There's no doubt in my mind that Willy is a tremendous hockey player, but he suffered from the same ailment as Gards that his mistakes are extremely visible and frustrating. Every time I see him turn back near the blue line on a rush and fumble the puck out of the zone, or come in with a clean look and shoot 2 feet high and wide he makes me yell at my tv much like Jake. Maybe it's because I expect him to be much better than he is but it's very frustrating, despite all of the good things he does.

I think he's played well this series but not outstanding like some suggest. He's made his share of smart plays and made his share of mistakes. He's played his 3rd line role well holding the puck and not allowing Boston to score with him out there but I'd prefer more than 2 points for a guy like him.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
Oh ok a 5 game sample got you.

It’s good chemistry, there is no “unbelievable” about it
I expanded my response. Hit send too early. But let’s see if the leafs make a run maybe 16+ games in the playoffs might be enough for you? Matthews 47 points 5 v 5 playing top minutes. Mango 35 point and 5 v 5 playing bottom 6 for half the year and top 6 the other half, 73 games. His advanced stats are pretty good. Give them a look. Just saying one player has 73 points and the other has 45 or whatever doesn’t tell the whole story.

Last edited:

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I expanded my response. Hit send too early. But let’s see if the leafs make a run maybe 16+ games in the playoffs might be enough for you?

Yeah sure that will work,

5 on 5 Johnsson had 40 points, matthews 53.

Last season nylander had 49 and matthews had 50, 5 on 5.

So if Johnsson and matthews have “unbelievable” chemistry what is nylander and matthews chemistry?

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
Yeah sure that will work,

5 on 5 Johnsson had 40 points, matthews 53.

Last season nylander had 49 and matthews had 50, 5 on 5.

So if Johnsson and matthews have “unbelievable” chemistry what is nylander and matthews chemistry?
I’m not sure. Are we having a convo about Nylander and Matthews now? They had pretty good chemistry till they were basically a no show in the playoffs and had to be split up for Hyman-Matthews - Brown line at the end of the series. I can’t say the same for Jobnnson and Matthews. But Tavares signing definitely has helped shoulder the load. Like I said I’m my previous post, does strong chemstiry work for you? You seem to be stuck on me saying unbelievable chemsitry. Do kucherov and point have unbelievable chesmitry? Cause Jobnnson and Matthews have been better in the playoffs.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
oh is this the AJ Matthews thread? I almost wrote someting about Nylander.. .

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I’m not sure. Are we having a convo about Nylander and Matthews now? They had pretty good chemistry till they were basically a no show in the playoffs and had to be split up for Hyman-Matthews - Brown line at the end of the series. I can’t say the same for Jobnnson and Matthews. But Tavares signing definitely has helped shoulder the load. Like I said I’m my previous post, does strong chemstiry work for you? You seem to be stuck on me saying unbelievable chemsitry. Do kucherov and point have unbelievable chesmitry? Cause Jobnnson and Matthews have been better in the playoffs.

Look at the thread title?

Of course Jt has shouldered the load massively. Matthews/nylander went from Bergeron line to matthews/Johnsson facing the krecji line

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Have called out Nylander entire season but he has been pretty good games 3-5. I am just so pissed at both Marleau and Brown absolutely killing everything in the o-zone; Willy carrying two plugs on his line is just :facepalm: his line is neutered because of them; Babcock needs to make adjustments and not ruin any depth scoring on that third line.

P.S. hopefully after tonight we get Naz back

:crossfing

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
Look at the thread title?

Of course Jt has shouldered the load massively. Matthews/nylander went from Bergeron line to matthews/Johnsson facing the krecji line
Well, Krejci and DeBrusk are actually pretty good players? You should check out their playoff stats against us, especially Krejci. Midway through the series last year, Marner - Kadri- Marleau line ended up being matched with Bergeron line. Bergeron even missed a game and the Matthew/Nylander line lost to the Reilly Nash line in game 4 and was dominated. Yea I read the title thread. My original post was to do with someone saying trade Jobnsson for a dman. You jumped in when I said Johnsson has unbelievable chemsitry with Matthews and Tavares. You said they have good chemsitry. You than said it was fair when we met in the middle saying very strong and than in the next post kept you bring up me saying “unbelievable chemsitry” again. This was fun.

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
Lol. Facts are hard to dispute. He finished behind 17 wingers in total points. You know actual goals and assists that help teams win.
Yea true. Leading the league in takeaways and likely a Selke in his mantel means nothing. By this measure you take Elias Lindholm over Patrice Bergeron than based off points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad