Confirmed with Link: Bill Armstrong is the new GM of the Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Yep. I don't think they're tied together. Tocchet's contract status indicates he either needs to be re-signed or out the door very soon. Also a little odd IMO that we haven't heard a peep from him as of late or how that meeting with Army went.

Reactions: _Del_

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yep. I don't think they're tied together. Tocchet's contract status indicates he either needs to be re-signed or out the door very soon. Also a little odd IMO that we haven't heard a peep from him as of late or how that meeting with Army went.
If OEL isn't traded there's going to have be a very long, very honest conversation between him and Armstrong on how they can come back from this and repair the relationship. If it becomes clear that Tocchet is the main obstacle, these things quickly do become tied together , without at doubt.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Or filling out assistants despite having had a month

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I think it's also very possible that Tocchet enters the season being told he needs to earn an extension. Wouldn't be surprised if Armstrong tells him he needs to fix the OEL relationship and the expectation is to make the playoffs.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
By the way I agree with Chris Johnston when he says OEL’s ultimatum is a soft deadline. You really think he will say no in 2 weeks if Vancouver offers us something we like and BA approaches him letting him know they have a deal to send him to where he wants to go? Let’s take a breath.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
I don't have a problem with BA not getting a pick for last night's first round; the whole thing had minimal activity on the trade front, it seems that moving within the first round was difficult, so to get a pick in the first round from the outside probably impossible.

As a fan, very frustrating to see those prospects in front of us and just window shop.
Let's hope he gets some more picks today - he is right in saying that the franchise cannot leave this draft without promising prospects.

Looking forward for the 'fun' of the coming days to begin.

Last edited:

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
He said we needed picks. He didn't get any. He said we needed a culture change. We got Grabner and Vinny. LOL.

The draft is a deadline for things to move. We have another one in a couple of days, so we'll see what happens.

So far I've seen a lifelong amateur scout, see to his amateur scouting department as the top priority, despite having no picks, and do basically nothing else. It's early, but I better see something before noon on Friday, or I'm going to start to suspect that talk is very cheap.

We've had a lot of lip-service around here over the years. We'll find out how much more we have in-store for us.
It does take 2 teams to make a trade. If he is getting low-balled would you prefer he just make the trades because he said he wanted to?

For all we know other GMs are reading into his comments just like you are.... expecting him to just start trading away all the assets because he said he wanted to... and now are trying to take advantage of that.

I want changes to occur too, but the season doesnt start until at least Jan. 1st....he has time.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Boy. BA sure talked a big game. Looks like he’s done just about Jack Shit.

He's been in the job for, what, two and a half weeks?

I suppose we could go back to Chayka pulling off huge trades, but when those happened we always had a big kerfuffle about how we got jobbed and how he was getting worked by other GMs.

I'll be honest, right now I'm just enjoying the lull in bad news waves.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
The big guy has to do something...with all the talk and I'm sure that he is trying, but sometimes you can get so stuck in not wanting to make a mistake that you miss out on making any trades. I hope he's not one of those guys that has a hard time pulling the trigger.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He's been in the job for, what, two and a half weeks?

I suppose we could go back to Chayka pulling off huge trades, but when those happened we always had a big kerfuffle about how we got jobbed and how he was getting worked by other GMs.

I'll be honest, right now I'm just enjoying the lull in bad news waves.
We all know that he was recently hired. But he was hired when negotiations had already started on his two best trade assets, during the buyout window. with the well-established deadline of the entry draft looming, not to mention UFA day a couple of days after. Yes it’s been only a couple of weeks. But it’s the short window where shit actually happens. After that, there’s usually nothing until the trade deadline.

If people choose to ignore my qualifiers that’s fine. I won’t bother with semantics. I think you all actually get what I was saying anyway. But let’s not act like these first few weeks on the job are like any other few weeks in the year. These are the few weeks that determine the next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad