Speculation: Bilingual Coaches and GM Candidate List Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Means that the guy wants more, just like Brisebois before him. I suspect he will leave.

It also looks to me like the Brisebois path. I dunno how easy it might be to replace Sedgwick if he were to leave over not getting the GM job. This would throw a monkey wrench into the whole process.

Reactions: dinodebino

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If John can learn French, he's definitely a strong candidate.

He has a fairly good working knowledge of French. He reminds me a little of how Geoff Molson expresses himself.

You can judge for yourself here, when he held a press conference about the setting up of the Habs’ ECHL team in 3R:

Despite the preamble by Paul Wilson about how French is not Sedgwick’s first language and that he may finish some of his answers to French questions in English, he never did do that throughout the segment — he answered all French questions wholly in French.

Reactions: Mr Mom and vokiel

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
She could have given the Yzerman example first.

I don't blame her for bringing up Poulin before Yzerman because Sauvageau has been around Poulin a lot more. Not only knowing through Team Canada, but Seauvageau was a coach for Les Canadiennes and Poulin was her captain there. So I can see how Poulin is the one she automatically uses as a comparable.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad