Speculation: Bilingual Coaches and GM Candidate List Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
If media is correct in their assessment, seems like Madden is not even considered. Shame.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
These were the forwards they protected:
  • Ryan Callahan (F)
  • Tyler Johnson (F)
  • Alex Killorn (F)
  • Nikita Kucherov (F)
  • Vladislav Namestnikov (F)
  • Ondrej Palat (F)
  • Steven Stamkos (F)
Drouin would've easily been protected over all of them except Kucherov and Stamkos.
And that's why Tampa Bay is successful. They don't make stupid decisions like protect Drouin.

Reactions: amethyst

expy

Nov 2, 2010
If media is correct in their assessment, seems like Madden is not even considered. Shame.
Best choice would be someone who doesn't give a damn about the tradition or culture but speaks French to satisfy the requirement.

Reactions: sampollock

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
London pays everyone under the table so that’s not really a fair comparison either.
So do Les Remparts - as I stated previously no other team in the Q has their wealth but they’ve being using it poorly - which simply shows management ineptness

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What if... We get 3 GMs? Each of them can have the title on his turn during the season :laugh:

Well, I think we should have multi level AGMs.

Someone should be AGM in charge of NHL & unifying vision between the team and the amateur draft/development.

We should have an AGM in charge of Laval and one in charge of the ECHL.

Groom as many top level executives as possible.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Last time out, no one saw Bergevin as the eventual winner.

The interviews are being held via Zoom so there is a part of the process that may not necessarily be leaked to the likes of Gagnon, who is known to spew from both sides of his mouth.

Main thing is to find a way to hire Madden in any capacity, even if it means creating a new title, new job description and new perks for someone possessing his talents.

“Martin, we hear that you’re a sci-fi buff. How about we name you Grand Counsel of Inter-Galactic Scouting, your performance bonuses will be in Bitcoin and you’ll have a rocket named after you and a direct line to Bezos and Musk, whenever you want to take off.”

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Last time out, no one saw Bergevin as the eventual winner.

The interviews are being held via Zoom so there is a part of the process that may not necessarily be leaked to the likes of Gagnon, who is known to spew from both sides of his mouth.

Main thing is to find a way to hire Madden in any capacity, even if it means creating a new title, new job description and new perks for someone possessing his talents.

“Martin, we hear that you’re a sci-fi buff. How about we name you Grand Counsel of Inter-Galactic Scouting, your performance bonuses will be in Bitcoin and you’ll have a rocket named after you and a direct line to Bezos and Musk, whenever you want to take off.”
The only thing I’m curious about is what the “firms” story line will be for why St Patrick didn’t make the cut for GM

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The only thing I’m curious about is what the “firms” story line will be for why St Patrick didn’t make the cut for GM

They’ll probably resort to the proven corporate-speak excuse about how a candidate’s particular presentation sold them, about how the candidate’s answers to their questions never wavered and were more aligned in terms of their culture, objectives and how to implement them.

Of course, they’ll also mention how impressive Roy’s presentation was.

There will be blowback, regardless.

Reactions: dinodebino

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I think I can coach les habitants glorieux. I know how to find the closest depanneur.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I would like Darche as GM, and Briere as AGM.

I would not mind Roy as GM though, for entertainment purposes, but doubt it happens.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
continue...Speculation: - Bilingual Coaches and GM Candidate List Part 2

François Gagnon said that the interviews should start on Wednesday and by mid-January, we might have the new GM.

I don’t know if you noticed how Gagnon qualified Hughes, when he was rattling off the list of GM candidates on AC yesterday.

He said of Hughes that he is an anglophone who is bilingual. What does that even mean?

I thought that the only question that matters is whether the candidate is bilingual or not. The way Gagnon described Hughes sounded as if he was singling him out as an Anglo just because of his name and/or cause he’s made his home in Boston over many years. I can’t think of any other reasons that would underlie his qualifier.

Gagnon has been known to spew takes on English radio that contradicted what he used to say on French media, with a propensity to play the race card and act like a Mario Langue-sale whenever he was in his safe space on Franco outlets.

Clearly, asshats like Gagnon are playing identity politics and it reeks. The candidate’s name, mother tongue or whatever English city he’s living in, should have no bearing whatsoever on his viability for the job — so long as he meets the requirements of being bilingual and obviously, being qualified for the job.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I don’t know if you noticed how Gagnon qualified Hughes, when he was rattling off the list of GM candidates on AC yesterday.

He said of Hughes that he is an anglophone who is bilingual. What does that even mean?

I thought that the only question that matters is whether the candidate is bilingual or not. The way Gagnon described Hughes sounded as if he was singling him out as an Anglo just because of his name and/or cause he’s made his home in Boston over many years. I can’t think of any other reasons that would underlie his qualifier.

Gagnon has been known to spew takes on English radio that contradicted what he used to say on French media, with a propensity to play the race card and act like a Mario Langue-sale whenever he was in his safe space on Franco outlets.

Clearly, asshats like Gagnon are playing identity politics and it reeks. The candidate’s name, mother tongue or whatever English city he’s living in, should have no bearing whatsoever on his viability for the job — so long as he meets the requirements of being bilingual and obviously, being qualified for the job.
Comments like Gagnon make me skeptical on whether bilingualism is a real requirement or just cover for “we want a Quebecois of French Canadian descent”.

I strongly suspect that many will not be happy if a “bilingual anglophone” is selected.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

It means he's like me. Someone who speaks French, but not the right kinda french if you catch my drift.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Comments like Gagnon make me skeptical on whether bilingualism is a real requirement or just cover for “we want a Quebecois of French Canadian descent”.

I strongly suspect that many will not be happy if a “bilingual anglophone” is selected.

I don't think your comments are wrong per se, but you might be making things too complicated here.

The average AC viewer doesn't know Hughes super well, and it's well known that Molson said the next GM would be bilingual. Someone named "Kent Hughes" isn't necessarily bilingual, so Gagnon is just throwing that info for the public.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I don't think your comments are wrong per se, but you might be making things too complicated here.

The average AC viewer doesn't know Hughes super well, and it's well known that Molson said the next GM would be bilingual. Someone named "Kent Hughes" isn't necessarily bilingual, so Gagnon is just throwing that info for the public.
I hope that is the reason because I would be extremely disappointed if there is a backlash towards a bilingual candidate because they aren’t Quebecois of French Canadian descent.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I hope that is the reason because I would be extremely disappointed if there is a backlash towards a bilingual candidate because they aren’t Quebecois.

Oh dont worry, there will be unhappy people if Hughes is selected.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Gagnon would be furious if it's an anglophone who can speak French.

Dude might be the most anti-anglophone guy in the Habs media.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Gagnon has always been a donkey of sorts....after seeing him being interviewed by John Lu you step back and think, this is a man, who gets paid to spew that kind of $hit...? I mean wow....
Sorry Francois you are lol at your insights....I know it's his opinions, and he gets to spew them in the media, but just wow. Would anyone really take him serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce