Speculation: biggiest trade today.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Vatrano to Rangers, +s both sides

I fear they will give up a higher grade future which given too much rentals lately is stupid long term.

My hope is they will do something like
Vesey, Robertson, Sykora, BMB and 2 mid picks
for
Vats + Helleson

with a wink wink understanding we will owe ANA a backscratch down the road

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
How does PLD have value anymore? Made sense when his contract was expiring but who is taking that bloated contract for a player who is a cancer in the locker room and 28 points in 62 games.
image.jpg

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Would be cool to see something completely out of the blue. But that doesn’t happen really anymore.
Tkachuk ( peripherals ) to St Louis For Kyrou ( peripherals )
The brackets being the adds that make it all make sense for both.
Timeline is similar for both guys and I think Ottawa is ready to move...

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
How does PLD have value anymore? Made sense when his contract was expiring but who is taking that bloated contract for a player who is a cancer in the locker room and 28 points in 62 games.
Negative value huge

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If Buchnevich or Markstrom get dealt, I expect those to be the big stories of the day. Or Colorado's "guaranteed goalie trade" that was predicted yesterday. But I don't expect Buchnevich or Markstrom to get dealt, so if it isn't a guy like Ullmark going to Colorado, it could be someone like Eberle or Toffoli as the biggest name moved today.

I'll always think of the Ryan Smyth deal out of nowhere at like exactly the deadline when thinking of out of nowhere deadline deals.
It came out past the deadline actually. They must have filed the paperwork within minutes of the deadline, because I remember turning off the trade coverage and being flabbergasted when that trade actually came out.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Man Treliving has it easy this year

He doesnt buy, he doesnt sell, and leafs if we lose in R1 he is likely back with Shanahan getting fired

Treliving has made hardly any moves since we hired him

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
Not even a matter of a player.. it’s also the destination… Toffoli to VAN would be talk fodder, but Toffoli to VGK would be more so

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Man Treliving has it easy this year

He doesnt buy, he doesnt sell, and leafs if we lose in R1 he is likely back with Shanahan getting fired

Treliving has made hardly any moves since we hired him

I know it's been ten years of absolute failure with Shanny at the helm but I'll still be surprised once that day finally comes. :laugh:

Reactions: sbpointer

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Would be cool to see something completely out of the blue. But that doesn’t happen really anymore.
Isn't there usually a big trade like this every year? At least mid level type stuff. I know the Lightning always do it with guys like Jeannot and Hagel.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
If Buchnevich or Markstrom get dealt, I expect those to be the big stories of the day. Or Colorado's "guaranteed goalie trade" that was predicted yesterday. But I don't expect Buchnevich or Markstrom to get dealt, so if it isn't a guy like Ullmark going to Colorado, it could be someone like Eberle or Toffoli as the biggest name moved today.

It came out past the deadline actually. They must have filed the paperwork within minutes of the deadline, because I remember turning off the trade coverage and being flabbergasted when that trade actually came out.
You think that Buchnevich would be a bigger trade than the reigning Vezina winner?

Interesting take.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3