Speculation: biggiest trade today.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
My money is on Yzerman making a splash. Could be buying could by selling but he has been very quiet with 13mil in Cap space and a boatload of assets

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Ok but there has to be an actual answer, not an "almost" answer
Unless the Flames pull the pin on Markstrom or the blues move Buch(two teams on his NTC reportedly tried trade for him and said no). There are not a lot of interesting players out there. Will BB trade one of their goalies for help at Centre? Boston could be interesting

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I ask is there really some legs to that rumor............Pld with that physical presence and high skill level would be just a heck of a haul, but then you need to look at his heart and compete level with that contract, could make for a scary purchase...........Do with that risk do you believe there is some retainer involved.

Any potential or actual #1C the Bruins are gonna get is gonna come with risk. I know you are age adverse with Lindholm and were talent/cost adverse with Horvat, but guys like Pettersson you were hoping for just don't really become available often enough to count on it.

Ullmark+ for PLD would be a big risky swing because it could be bad for a long time. Someone like Lindholm as a UFA, kinda know will age poorly but you are guaranteed some good seasons out of it, too.

Hard job!

Reactions: Hookslide

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Here's a wild thought......Stamkos still hasn't signed with Tampa, right?

Any chance Tampa makes a huge splash and moves the pending UFA out today?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: sbpointer

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What is Detroit most desperate for?

Cause my money is on Detroit pulling off something huge

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't know, but maybe a goalie? Boston could definitely use some help, I think.
Really, there has been so much activity so far that there isn't much left, especially if Markstrom is staying put.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Here's a wild thought......Stamkos still hasnt' signed with Tampa, right?

Any chance Tampa makes a huge splash and moves the pending UFA out today?
We've been wondering about this for weeks, but you would think there would be a little rumbling before now if they'd asked him to waive. I think the team is an underdog to make the playoffs at this point, so it seems like it would make sense to send him on a cup run somewhere else if we can't sign him next year.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
PLD to Detroit + Markstrom to LA + stuff to Calgary

I have no idea
what.png

Once

Jul 16, 2010
How does PLD have value anymore? Made sense when his contract was expiring but who is taking that bloated contract for a player who is a cancer in the locker room and 28 points in 62 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad