Biggest pet peeve plays?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Personally, I hate it when players stop their own teammates' clearing attempts or passes at the defensive blue line trying to make a play with pressure on them. What usually happens is a bad turnover and a high danger scoring chance against.

Just let the puck get out and live to fight another day. It's like they don't have any awareness of the situation or the pressure around them. Annoying as all hell.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Watching the Red Wings, perpetual icings. Gotta be near/at the top of the league.

I don't understand why defensemen don't reset the play more if nothing is open and they have time. Seems like every team has abandoned puck possession in the neutral zone in favour of chipping it in and establishing the forecheck.

I'd reset the play perpetually until something is open, if the opponent isn't pressuring me.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Surprised there isn't more mention of either blind drop passes or drop passes that completely ignore the pick point of one.

Mine is I guess when a guy takes a bad angle shot and wrings it out of the zone . Extra points on the power play

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
1. Passing too much to try and go for the pretty play

2. Shots right into the goalies stomach that kill a play

Reactions: Fixxer

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Surprised there isn't more mention of either blind drop passes or drop passes that completely ignore the pick point of one.

Mine is I guess when a guy takes a bad angle shot and wrings it out of the zone . Extra points on the power play

Playing off this, mine is the newer age drop pass setup on the powerplay. I think Detroit started doing it, and now so many teams do it, and I hated it from the get go. One in a while to mix it up is fine, but as a teams go to move to get in the offensive zone on the PP, I hate it. So predictable anymore.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
That errant slapshot that misses the net on the short side and often leads to a break the other way off of the carom.

I know its unavoidable but it still drives me nuts. You have to know when to take that shot.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Players/teams not being aware when they're on the pp and there's another delayed call, so they keep playing with the puck.

I've seen teams waste far too long. Someone should be aware, screaming as if someone is going to kill them to get attention to fire the puck at on net/pass it to the other team.

5 on 3 is way better than a 6 on 4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad