Big trade or fire the coach first?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'm thinking with the latest "situation" in philly land they may be making a blockbuster very soon. Perhaps we can take advantage of Homer being well... Homer

I have this image of Hommer in his office this morning stressed out because he has 29 GM's on hold on the phone at the same time :laugh: or do the GM's just dial Ed Snider direct :sarcasm:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I read that, that's interesting. Elliotte Friedman said we had 3 scouts at Vanek's last game, perhaps a coincidence, perhaps not.

Two words..............Steve Ott. Ott is UFA and will be moved. Have to think he is exactly the kind of player Chevy is looking at right now. Hopefully in the span of a few months they could convince him that this is a great place to be.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Two words..............Steve Ott. Ott is UFA and will be moved. Have to think he is exactly the kind of player Chevy is looking at right now. Hopefully in the span of a few months they could convince him that this is a great place to be.

I don't think Steve Ott is the player that will turn this ship around.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
If we go the trade route I'm open to trading every player on the roster aside from Kane and Trouba.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Something has to give here soon...

The best thing for this team is the firing of the coach but that won't happen until this offseason, which is kind of good because there will be more to choice from for the heading coach postion. Just ride it out hope for a top pick and hope the coach gets fired.

funkybunny9966*

You take Claude Noel and you fire this *******. Bye *****, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Then you get rid of that piece of **** for a goalie Pavelec, he can't do ****. Same with ****ing fuglien, all he knows is a 200 mile an hour slap shot. Get them out of Winnipeg.

Majikme

Apr 20, 2013
I see it like this.

We can agree it's one of the two.

Trading pieces is something we can't go back on, and i think we have a good core. No one magic piece would fix us, if it is the players skill levels.

Firing the coach, you take a slight risk and see if it was the players or not. If it is, you start working on that problem. If it isn't, problem solved.

Bottom line, we have to know what the problem is before we can address it, and firing the coach is the quickest and easiest way of doing that

KJJetson

Oct 29, 2013
Sin City
Why why why why??!! Why We must waiting until offseason for kicckin' Noel butt aout of Winnipeg? Do somethin' now it's not a DayOff Chevy ;)

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I was originally in the mindset that Noel would be given this season to really prove himself, but I'm not so sure anymore if he can't get results and we go on a big nosedive.

The main problem though is that there's not that many available coaches mid-season.

You take Claude Noel and you fire this *******. Bye *****, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Then you get rid of that piece of **** for a goalie Pavelec, he can't do ****. Same with ****ing fuglien, all he knows is a 200 mile an hour slap shot. Get them out of Winnipeg.

Oh funkybunny9966...

How long I've waited for you to join HFBoards.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

Wait.
Is this real?

Your addition alone has resurrected my interest in this season.

White Pine

May 26, 2011
upper ottawa valley
I'd like to point out that without realignment this team would be in serious playoff contention, but they're stuck in a pretty tough division. They're also spending the whole month playing teams like Chicago, St Louis, etc. What this team needs is a long Metro road trip.

* Although it seems like Washington and New York in the Metro division have been showing signs of life in the last week

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
BTW, for anyone who was unhappy that we missed out on the offseason Dallas Eakins sweepstakes (I know there were a few)... you should have a gander at some of the threads on the Oiler boards. Some recurring themes:

- Eakins is an AHL coach and is not NHL calibre
- he is in over his head
- he's done nothing to fix the PP
- his systems are terrible
- he is constantly outcoached and his only answer is to juggle his lines
- his post game pressers are entertaining but that's all he's got

I have the weirdest sense of deja vu...:laugh:

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I'd like to point out that without realignment this team would be in serious playoff contention, but they're stuck in a pretty tough division. They're also spending the whole month playing teams like Chicago, St Louis, etc. What this team needs is a long Metro road trip.

* Although it seems like Washington and New York in the Metro division have been showing signs of life in the last week

Yes, but this team would also be REALLY REALLY good if it played in the East Coast League. Claude would still be a bad coach though.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
I really like Claude Noel, he seems like a great guy. That said, head coaches are hired to be fired, and although I'm rooting for him and the team, I won't be surprised nor upset if there is a coaching change soon.

I expected them to be performing better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad