Big trade or fire the coach first?

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
What do you guys think, if we were to make a big trade would that turn this team around or would the coaching still be the problem(in minds of many). What would you like to see first, a big trade first or fire the coach first? I think if the Jets made a big trade first nothing much would change as I think we would see the same crap from the coaching staff.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Big trade. The "crap" we are seeing on the ice is not coaching, its a collection of mistakes that better players don't make.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Big trade. The "crap" we are seeing on the ice is not coaching, its a collection of mistakes that better players don't make.

I'd pin most of the mistakes on players who don't look lime they know what they are supposed to do which IMO leads to poor coaching.

I'd like to see both though, axe Noel and move a core piece like Buff.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
I'd pin most of the mistakes on players who don't look lime they know what they are supposed to do which IMO leads to poor coaching.

I'd like to see both though, axe Noel and move a core piece like Buff.

I should have made a third option for both, if the Mods would do that please because I don't how how to.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
The hints are there

Chevy: would like to add offensive spark

Noel: these are the players we have

Noel seems to be openly asking for help and Chevy seems to be openly listening.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I should have made a third option for both, if the Mods would do that please because I don't how how to.

I can add a third option if you like, but I thought this poll was to gauge what would ideally happen first?

Both will inevitably happen sooner or later.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013

Or maybe one for neither. There are probably others like me that think a lot of these supposed fans are really acting silly. Two and a half years into a 5 year plan and panic has set in.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
Or maybe one for neither. There are probably others like me that think a lot of these supposed fans are really acting silly. Two and a half years into a 5 year plan and panic has set in.

A big trade isn't a panic for some of us. It's part of the process of taking a team that doesn't have many good players and trying to make it better.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Five year plan is one of the most over used phrases when taking about this team.

I'd like to clarify my vote, I WANT a coaching change before a big trade. Not sure which is more likely.

The Brain

Mar 9, 2011

This is how I've felt for a while. The old Winnipegger attitude of "the next guy is always better" has crept in.

That said, I'd expect a trade this year if they're out of the playoffs again. If they are struggling on the cusp again, I don't think anything big will be done until the off season.

I don't think the majority of the blame lies on Noel.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
The hints are there

Chevy: would like to add offensive spark

Noel: these are the players we have

Noel seems to be openly asking for help and Chevy seems to be openly listening.

What? None of that is happening.

bazaaa*

Noel should be gone. I'd like to see another five games first though.
The team has shown more energy the last few games, even if the results weren't optimal.

I just remember the first few games after we started 2-0, and the effort was absolutely terrible. The Colorado game was atleast entertaining because the effort was there, and they were in the game, but some of the past games I wanted to shut the TV off.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Really depends on if Chevy feels that the core players he re-signed on this team is gonna get it done. If he does, Noel goes first. If he doesn't, he'll trade someone from his re-signed core to shake things up.

Or he trades old Dusty Buff.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba

Last two days. Noels presser after the colorado game he essentailly said he didn't have the horses to run a power play

"we've got the same guys as last season. We were in last place last season and we're looking like...like we're not gonna do much better" was essentially the quote.

Did Chevy say they were looking to add some offensive spark? I didn't catch all of the H & L interview...

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Neither. Just stop "doing" things and let the team become a team. The players are good, the coach is fine, they clearly can play with the best teams in the conference (St. Louis, Colorado, Los Angeles) ... just be patient.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Only way I'd be on board with a trade is if it's in the long term direction of the club and a clear win, ex. if someone overpaid for Buff. Otherwise, play it safe with the lineup and can Noel.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
IMO, you give this core group a final shot together, with a new voice behind the bench.

If the new guy has 'trouble' with a player or two, you move those players out - trying to maximize return and fill gaps.

If Noel is replaced, Chevy will need to have 'his' guy brought in, a guy that he's very comfortable with, and a guy that is on the same page, philosophically. I think Noel may have been looked at as 'good teacher' - which can be debated - for this young group at the time of his hire, but Chevy will likely want an experienced guy that has a proven NHL track record that preaches accountability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad