OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: To Alcohol! The Cause of & Solution To All of Life's Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
It makes sense you can't find them down South. Pierogies are filthy Catholic food. They're not about to let good Southern boys be lulled in popery like that.

Catholics stole them. They are hunky food. The stuff you eat after spending 28 hours a day in the mill.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I knew it was pierogie night at my house because you could smell the onions frying when I got off the bus in the afternoon.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
At a church or wedding or any sort of event buffet in Pittsburgh there's good odds you accidentally put a pierogie on your plate. It's almost unavoidable.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Last edited:

BigBenSF*

I hope that the person whose tweet is in my signature posts on these boards

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
In the past 24 hours I got a free PS4 game from Amazon and a check in the mail from EA Sports for $169.02.

tumblr_mrk4yovKLN1rv74e7o1_500.gif

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Apparently I never heard about this free money from EA thing.

It depends on how you define 'free'.

I believe that you have to get naked and swing on a wrecking ball imitating Miley Cyrus. And that is just for the PS4. I have no idea what Big had to do for the $169 and some change. I am afraid to ask.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
So heading to Charleston SC this Saturday for a week. The girlfriend has wanted to go there for a long time and finally gave in and am taking her there.

Anyone who knows the place that can suggest the best fine dining place there?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It depends on how you define 'free'.

I believe that you have to get naked and swing on a wrecking ball imitating Miley Cyrus. And that is just for the PS4. I have no idea what Big had to do for the $169 and some change. I am afraid to ask.

:laugh:

It was a class action lawsuit about Madden & NCAA Football (basically saying the exclusive licensing contracts created a monopoly) from eons ago that I'd completely forgotten about. Basically I got a certain percentage back on all of the copies of Madden & NCAA I bought once the exclusive contracts eliminated competition (the PS2/XBox games bringing in way more than the current gen ones). Typically I don't align myself with class action suits, but a.) it's EA Sports, they deserve a swift kick in the nuts, b.) I did play the 2K games and miss having them around, and c.) EA got lazy without the competition and the football games from 2005 were arguably better than the ones released this year.

I still think it's a little off that 2K wasn't hit with one as well for doing the same thing with MLB, though. The difference between MVP Baseball and World Series was a way larger chasm than 2K and Madden was and they got even lazier than EA Sports with that piece of **** series...but that wasn't a complete exclusive license as first-party baseball games could still be released (my desire for an actually decent baseball game was the last straw that led to me finally buying a PS3).

Last edited:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
:laugh:

It was a class action lawsuit about Madden & NCAA Football (basically saying the exclusive licensing contracts created a monopoly) from eons ago that I'd completely forgotten about. Basically I got a certain percentage back on all of the copies of Madden & NCAA I bought once the exclusive contracts eliminated competition (the PS2/XBox games bringing in way more than the current gen ones). Typically I don't align myself with class action suits, but a.) it's EA Sports, they deserve a swift kick in the nuts, b.) I did play the 2K games and miss having them around, and c.) EA got lazy without the competition and the football games from 2005 were arguably better than the ones released this year.

I still think it's a little off that 2K wasn't hit with one as well for doing the same thing with MLB, though. The difference between MVP Baseball and World Series was a way larger chasm than 2K and Madden was and they got even lazier than EA Sports with that piece of **** series...but that wasn't a complete exclusive license as first-party baseball games could still be released (my desire for an actually decent baseball game was the last straw that led to me finally buying a PS3).

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad