OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: To Alcohol! The Cause of & Solution To All of Life's Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
We're actually having a "heatwave" here. I put heatwave in brackets as it should be this hot in July for a week or two, maybe three at a push. Although no doubt the people complaining about global warming and droughts will surface soon.

19c at 23:00. 25c tomorrow.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
We're actually having a "heatwave" here. I put heatwave in brackets as it should be this hot in July for a week or two, maybe three at a push. Although no doubt the people complaining about global warming and droughts will surface soon.

19c at 23:00. 25c tomorrow.

ya those crazy global warming cooks and their science :laugh:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Seriously, it's annoying over here. Whenever we get good weather; "GLOBAL WARMING, BECOME A VEGETARIAN AND DON'T USE CARS". But whenever it rains a lot or we have crap weather they're deathly silent.

Rico Fatastic

Jul 28, 2002
Seriously, it's annoying over here. Whenever we get good weather; "GLOBAL WARMING, BECOME A VEGETARIAN AND DON'T USE CARS". But whenever it rains a lot or we have crap weather they're deathly silent.
Yeah, Pittsburgh came a day or two away from matching a 120 year-old record for latest frost of the spring this year, and July 14th being our first 90 degree day of the summer is quite a bit later than normal too. I think they'll have a tough time with the global warming angle this year.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah, Pittsburgh came a day or two away from matching a 120 year-old record for latest frost of the spring this year, and July 14th being our first 90 degree day of the summer is quite a bit later than normal too. I think they'll have a tough time with the global warming angle this year.

its science, not an angle...

Rico Fatastic

Jul 28, 2002
its science, not an angle...
I don't want to risk driving the normally pleasant off-topic thread towards politics, so I'm just going to leave one more comment and then let it go.

If anyone ever found convincing evidence that global warming is either not happening or is not man-made, climatologists' grant money would dry up in a hurry. It is very much in the scientists' best financial interests to keep promoting global warming whether it's true or not.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't want to risk driving the normally pleasant off-topic thread towards politics, so I'm just going to leave one more comment and then let it go.

If anyone ever found convincing evidence that global warming is either not happening or is not man-made, climatologists' grant money would dry up in a hurry. It is very much in the scientists' best financial interests to keep promoting global warming whether it's true or not.

there's plenty of debate about the influence people have on global warming, but its pretty much consensus that it is happening. That said, you're right about avoiding taking this towards politics.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
my wife used to be a vegetarian. Then we were out drinking and the person next to us ordered hot wings and she decided that they smelled too good and she needed to order some. It was glorious.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Look, all I'm saying about global warming is that two weeks ago in Tucson we were pushing 115 F. Now we've got the sweet, sweet relief of 99 F. And a half hour of rain on an almost daily basis. In the desert?

Just Cause 2 is $10 on PSN right now. I've been intrigued by it for a while, so I went ahead and downloaded it. Pretty interesting game, lots of over-the-top dramatic action. Sometimes the mechanics are a little wonky and that makes it a bit frustrating, but I'm enjoying it more as I've played (and that's taken up most of my time today). Anyone else played it?

I also bought some music at the local store. There's a small chain called Zia Records here, which is very comparable to The Exchange in Pittsburgh. I loved The Exchange, so I'll probably miss Zia most when I leave this town. :laugh::
Cheap Trick - Dream Police
Lush - Split
Unleashed - Victory / Warrior

Last edited:

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Anyone else ever walk to school in -20 Celsius weather? **** Al Gore I want some global warming.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
my wife used to be a vegetarian. Then we were out drinking and the person next to us ordered hot wings and she decided that they smelled too good and she needed to order some. It was glorious.

Buffalo chicken was the one thing I missed after being a vegetarian for a while. I found a few good vegan buffalo chicken recipes / restaurants when I have the craving.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
nothing about that makes sense to me

Vegan's regularly steal the name of real food stuffs, attach the word vegan as a modifier, and try and pass it off as edible. As you might see it in the wild:

Tristopher put 6 vegan hamburgers on the barbeque, but no one was fooled; it was clear the tofu did not scream when it died and thus was not proper nourishment.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
nothing about that makes sense to me

Well I personally don't eat most of the fake stuff. I've had one vegan buffalo chikin' (that's usually how it's worded so that it isn't confused with real chicken) that was worth a damn from a vegan restaurant in Denver. Other than that I have eaten a few breaded buffalo tofu dishes that satisfy my cravings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad