OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Mancouver Chases the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I'm always baffled as to why these games still 'ship' (read: EA Access download) with such outdated rosters. Seeing Sutter on the Pens gave me a moment of PTSD.

At least I can edit players...now I want to be able to create teams again. Why EA seems to think that people hate customization I'll never know.

On that note, allow me to design jerseys in ****ing Madden. I'm sick of all of LA's potential relocation jerseys being ****ing gray.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I am positive the last Madden and NHL I owned allowed me to create my own jersey and team. Did they really get rid of that?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I am positive the last Madden and NHL I owned allowed me to create my own jersey and team. Did they really get rid of that?

In Madden you can move teams...but only to a set list of locations that have 3 pre-designed options...they're all pretty much Nike nightmares aside from being able to bring the Houston Oilers back.

NHL 15 was basically feature-less for PS4/XBone. The gameplay itself was actually pretty good, but to show just how much they removed from it, you couldn't ****ing edit anyone. Even when they made the big patch to 'fix' a lot of the problems they never made that an option. You were stuck with EA's crap roster sets.

I spent 2 hours today just trying to make things slightly more realistic...not really a fan of an 86 overall Nathan Horton playing for the Leafs or Rob Scuderi being our 3rd highest rated defenseman.

There's still no create-a-team in NHL 16, nor can you swap out the Panthers for Sparta Praha. Lame.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm always baffled as to why these games still 'ship' (read: EA Access download) with such outdated rosters. Seeing Sutter on the Pens gave me a moment of PTSD.

At least I can edit players...now I want to be able to create teams again. Why EA seems to think that people hate customization I'll never know.

On that note, allow me to design jerseys in ****ing Madden. I'm sick of all of LA's potential relocation jerseys being ****ing gray.

Weird question, did you see Eric Fehr hanging around anywhere?

He seems to be MIA in my game.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I felt like EA stole $60 from me last year. I'll probably wait until it goes to $39 and they fix everything that is always broken in the games at release.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
In Madden you can move teams...but only to a set list of locations that have 3 pre-designed options...they're all pretty much Nike nightmares aside from being able to bring the Houston Oilers back.

NHL 15 was basically feature-less for PS4/XBone. The gameplay itself was actually pretty good, but to show just how much they removed from it, you couldn't ****ing edit anyone. Even when they made the big patch to 'fix' a lot of the problems they never made that an option. You were stuck with EA's crap roster sets.

I spent 2 hours today just trying to make things slightly more realistic...not really a fan of an 86 overall Nathan Horton playing for the Leafs or Rob Scuderi being our 3rd highest rated defenseman.

There's still no create-a-team in NHL 16, nor can you swap out the Panthers for Sparta Praha. Lame.

When did they get rid of it? I am 100% positive I created the Birmingham Bandits in both Madden and NHL on PS3. Both were created outside of a season and directly replaced an existing team in the season.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I hate that I am being forced to buy a new system to enjoy NHL16. I still like my PS3 and I'm playing that till death. I finally figured out how to edit/ players to my be a GM so that's what I'm sticking with playing.

Side note, the Pens have potential with their current roster. They still need to get rid of 2 of 3 with Scuds, Dupes and or Kuni and Add a physical vet D.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Weird question, did you see Eric Fehr hanging around anywhere?

He seems to be MIA in my game.
God, they do this all the time. Last year Derrick Pouliot wasn't in the game until a roster update in December/January. I don't understand how they manage it.

Also, as far as shipping with borked rosters, I remember back in the early 2000s Tom Chorske was on the Penguins roster for like, four years in a row.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
God, they do this all the time. Last year Derrick Pouliot wasn't in the game until a roster update in December/January. I don't understand how they manage it.

Also, as far as shipping with borked rosters, I remember back in the early 2000s Tom Chorske was on the Penguins roster for like, four years in a row.

There were a couple of players like that, I definitely remember Chorske, Theo Fleury was still on the Hawks roster until what? 2007?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I used to be in love with be a GM mode in NHL games, then I realized every new game they sell is just the old one with maybe a little bit changed. I just switched to EHM (which is infinitely better) and am never going to waste my time on another EA NHL game.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
EA really just kinda churns out the same ol' **** knowing people fiend for it and will eat it up regardless of the quality.

Madden and the NHL franchise have been essentially the exact same games for years, no real major updates to gameplay or changes to the graphics (aside from the jump from PS3 to PS4/XB ONE) and consistent **** ups with lineups, bugs/glitches.

Guess that's just a perk of being the big developer on the block. No real competition breeds stagnation and complacency, especially when people continue to buy the games by the millions.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I used to be in love with be a GM mode in NHL games, then I realized every new game they sell is just the old one with maybe a little bit changed. I just switched to EHM (which is infinitely better) and am never going to waste my time on another EA NHL game.

do you actually play games in EHM?

Penguins23

Le Magnifique
Dec 14, 2006
NB Canada
So far so good on NHL 16. I only played a few games of EASHL and a game of HUT but it's not bad. Still lots of lucky BS goals but EA will never get rid of those.

GT: Penguins23 if anyone wants to play at some point.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Star Wars: Battlefront... just saw some gameplay footage and I've decided that I might be more excited to play this than Fallout 4.

Anyone play any of the older Battlefronts? Are they any good? I haven't played any of them, nor do I know anyone who has. Should I be excited for this, or is this going to be the typical EA letdown?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
When did they get rid of it? I am 100% positive I created the Birmingham Bandits in both Madden and NHL on PS3. Both were created outside of a season and directly replaced an existing team in the season.

The older consoles didn't get rid of anything (to my knowledge), it was the jump to the new consoles that lost all of the features.

You'd think after Madden 06 EA would have learned their lesson...nah. Stock price is way more important than releasing a product worth half of what you're charging.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Star Wars: Battlefront... just saw some gameplay footage and I've decided that I might be more excited to play this than Fallout 4.

Anyone play any of the older Battlefronts? Are they any good? I haven't played any of them, nor do I know anyone who has. Should I be excited for this, or is this going to be the typical EA letdown?

Really? It didn't look anything special to me.

Black Label

Aug 6, 2009
Amsterdam
I really don't think I'll ever buy an EA NHL game again, it's just always the exact same.

I've been playing Eastside Hockey Manager and even though it's still not fully released or licensed it's still more fun than EA's games.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Really? It didn't look anything special to me.

Well, keep in mind I have never played any of the Star Wars Battlefront games... the last FPS I played and enjoyed was Halo 2... and the last FPS I played for more than a day was CoD: MW2.

So it's basically a new series to me. I have no idea of the advancements, flaws and/or legacy of the series/genre.

Any reasons you could state to explain why it doesn't look like anything special to you?

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Well, keep in mind I have never played any of the Star Wars Battlefront games... the last FPS I played and enjoyed was Halo 2... and the last FPS I played for more than a day was CoD: MW2.

So it's basically a new series to me. I have no idea of the advancements, flaws and/or legacy of the series/genre.

Any reasons you could state to explain why it doesn't look like anything special to you?

I have not played any previous Battlefront games either.

I thought Battlefront was going to be more of an RPG type game, not a FPS. So that's a little disappointing.

So it just looks like a Star Wars FPS...which is cool I guess.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

Battlefront 2 was awesome. They seem to have taken features out of this one sadly. Basically, it looks like a Battlefield 4 skin. They were always similar, but not as similar as this seems to be.

I may be the only person who didn't like Fallout 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig