Injury Report: Big Buff Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Gone forever?

Folks dash this off with ponderous conviction and rapid aplomb reminiscent of the latest hoof-and-mouth seminar at the 4-H club. I missed the tablet carving session I guess. Not to be crass but 7.6 million fat ones can unsink a well shot-up frigate.

Or perhaps I'm hopelessly optimistic. :laugh:

Last edited:

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
Gone forever?

Folks dash this off with ponderous conviction and rapid aplomb reminiscent of the latest hoof-and-mouth seminar at the 4-H club. I missed the tablet carving session I guess. Not to be crass but 7.6 million fat ones can unsink a well shot-up frigate.

Or perhaps I'm hopelessly optimistic. :laugh:
It's great to be optimistic! I just feel that even if Buff comes back he will never be the same as he was....I hope and pray that I am dead wrong.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
This is so coming from a guy who had Buff on his top 3 favourite player list. Hope he comes back and can get a few games in before the trade deadline.......Then ship to off..... The way he has handled this has pissed me off so I no longer want him around....He has burned a year for the entire team with his selfish behaviour leaving the orginization in no man's land.

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
It's great to be optimistic! I just feel that even if Buff comes back he will never be the same as he was....I hope and pray that I am dead wrong.

He wasnt the same last year in the first round. He got his points and contributed. But hardly through a hit let alone a buff smash like he did the previous year.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
This is so coming from a guy who had Buff on his top 3 favourite player list. Hope he comes back and can get a few games in before the trade deadline.......Then ship to off..... The way he has handled this has pissed me off so I no longer want him around....He has burned a year for the entire team with his selfish behaviour leaving the orginization in no man's land.

I feel the same.

We can't address our defensive deficiencies until his arbitration case is resolved.

So, we're stuck for this season.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I feel the same.

We can't address our defensive deficiencies until his arbitration case is resolved.

So, we're stuck for this season.
Chevy could use Buff’s cap hit right now if he wanted to. Even if Buff got reinstated he could go on LTIR and give Chevy the cap relief. This situation is just saving Chipman some money.

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
To me no news, which has been the case, is not good news at all. He is done in my opinion. If he was gearing up to return we would have heard something, anything by now. I think he is done unfortunately.
It sickens he how he left the club hamstrung though.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Chevy could use Buff’s cap hit right now if he wanted to. Even if Buff got reinstated he could go on LTIR and give Chevy the cap relief. This situation is just saving Chipman some money.
It's not clear what the outcome will be. If he is put on LTIR, is it retrospective? If so, Chipman pays unless Buff's contract is insured, in which case Chipman doesn't pay regardless.

I'm fascinated by how some seem to like to turn every situation into an issue about Chipman.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
It's not clear what the outcome will be. If he is put on LTIR, is it retrospective? If so, Chipman pays unless Buff's contract is insured, in which case Chipman doesn't pay regardless.

I'm fascinated by how some seem to like to turn every situation into an issue about Chipman.
Whether Chipman pays or not, there is no cap hit while Buff in on LTIR. So Chevy could use the cap right now if he got the green light to do so.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

What do you really think would have happened if he was just on IR instead? Chevy isn't a huge dealer and we're still getting wins.
Also, assuming you still want to win, you should probably want him here if you disagree with his character. I'd happily take Trouba (back) or Marchand or whoever has done irritating things if it'll improve the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad