362.gif

(Holy crap, I'm a nerd)

Me, too. God I loved that show.

I was more of a Farscape guy!

AaGhO.gif

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Jets don't leak anything. It's a very good policy, in my opinion. Unless an agent is leaking, there's nothing solid to report and Buff's agent has no incentive to leak at this point.

It's not as though there aren't Jets reporters that would like a bit of muckraking. McIntyre prides himself on it, as does Friesen. Wiecek will do some drive-by stuff, still. But they often are just speculating, and end up looking foolish.

For my part, I pay to watch the games, not to follow the soap opera stuff. Winnipeg is a small town in many ways and I've received non-hockey information about Jets at various points, but sharing it publicly lacks class, whether from a fan or a reporter.

Soap opera? How is getting more thorough information on what happened with Buff a soap opera? You create really strange false choices.

Reactions: angrymnky

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
You’d think so, but just read back a few pages in this thread and nope!

At the end of the day, we don't really know what was said. Some reports have said he told them he wanted to retire and management asked him to reconsider and think about it. If that's the truth, it's not on Buff for dragging anything out.

In other news when it was reported Byfuglien contract was being terminated, there was some people speculating if he'd sign somewhere else this season. Considering its now two weeks to the trade deadline and his wife posted a picture of them together in the Caribbean somewhere, I'd say that's gone from extremely unlikely to no way that's happening.

Well here's a post from a week and a half ago by someone who said no way it's happening. so...

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

Well here's a post from a week and a half ago by someone who said no way it's happening. so...

Well yeah, I've been saying Buff was done for the season for months! lol...but there's others in this thread who felt there was a good chance he'd be playing somewhere this season...

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Chevy holds all the cards now, as he should after living through this season with a messed up cap situation and patchwork D.

My guess is that he waits until Buff has clearly declared his intentions and acts accordingly. If Buff says he's not playing, he'll terminate and use the big cap space to facilitate some sort of deal.

Regardless, I have a hunch that Chevy is going to be quite active in the off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad