TV: Better Call Saul - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Pretty quite season. Look on kims face for final scene makes you think her and Jimmy are done next season.

With the way the previous episode ended between Kim and Jimmy a was a bit surprised to see them together like everything was back to normal, honestly.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
He's not just a bit of a psychopath. He's fully florid. I mean hello, he was a career criminal for how many years in Chicago? The real question is just how much of a psychopath Kim is. .

You're wrong - being a criminal does not equal psychopath. It's the inability to sympathize or feel empathy for others. The last part of this season completely focused on this issue. Jimmy is obviously much different since Chuck passed away.

Reactions: Blender

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Hey Gale let me show you this lab that's uhhhh almost not done here.

"I can make something here.."

"Not until it's finished.!!"

Dead-eye stare. What an odd scene.

Gustavo is just too intense at times for my liking

I suppose it's done to show what a badass he is, but it just comes across as over-the-top

Reactions: Evil Speaker

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
There doesn't really seem to be much buzz about this show anymore

Just not enough Breaking Bad-esque moments to bring fans to the chat forums, I suppose

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I did love the part where Mike lost his tail. That was a neat trick with the gum. :laugh:

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009

Yeah, that didn't really make any sense. Neither Mike on the stairs nor Gale in that scene did anything.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Yeah that scene served no purpose. “Let’s throw in a scene with another former BB character and emphasize Gus’ badassness for the 1000th time for no reason - that’ll keep our audience interested”...

Again nothing on Nacho this episode. Disappointing!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Alright, how was the season? I realized my PVR failed to record the episodes after episode two despite “record series” being selected for it so I’m pretty much waiting for this season to be on Netflix in several months.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I think they wasted too much time in s3 - the shenanigans at the Law Office were annoying and unnecessary and drawn out too long. If this wasn't s4 but in fact s3, it'd be better. But it's still a great show with some very clever filmmaking and truly cool aesthetics. I respect it.

Reactions: Teemu

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I might be reading too much into it, but I thought the end of this season was Mike's "half-measure/full measure" moment. The half-measure moment being when Mike let Werner slide after drunkenly talking to those guys in the bar, and the full measure moment being when he had to kill him after he escaped.

The last 2 episodes were good but this season as a whole was pretty terrible.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I might be reading too much into it, but I thought the end of this season was Mike's "half-measure/full measure" moment. The half-measure moment being when Mike let Werner slide after drunkenly talking to those guys in the bar, and the full measure moment being when he had to kill him after he escaped.

The last 2 episodes were good but this season as a whole was pretty terrible.
Mike allowed himself to get too close to Werner. He became friendly with him while staying hands off with the other guys. If he had to kill one of the other guys he probably wouldn't have had as much issue. In a way I see it as a way to show how after this Mike wouldn't allow himself to get too close to anyone he was working with ever again. That meaning Walt and Jesse.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Yeah that scene served no purpose. “Let’s throw in a scene with another former BB character and emphasize Gus’ badassness for the 1000th time for no reason - that’ll keep our audience interested”...

Yeah, that was a weird scene with a weird transition. Also agree on Nacho, I personally find him to be the most interesting of the characters in the drug side of things, sad that he was left out.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Alright, how was the season? I realized my PVR failed to record the episodes after episode two despite “record series” being selected for it so I’m pretty much waiting for this season to be on Netflix in several months.

Goes against most here, but my wife and I really liked it. Sure it was slow at times but real life moves slowly and I appreciate that the show reflects it.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

It's all good, man.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Yeah they just threw it in there. I guess they wanted to show how pissed Gus was and a bit of a message to Mike more than anyone.

Why show Gale the lab until it's ready? You have taken all these precautions to keep the lab secret. Also why did the German even know Gus' name.

The season overall was just meh. Jimmy's storyline was very slow. I feel it will be much more interesting with Saul practicing again in full Saul mode. I'd rather see him working the legal system instead of petty scams.

The history of the lab is somewhat interesting - we also get to see Gus and Mike's relationship developing.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
There have always been negative posts from BB fans here. This, The Americans, Fargo, and Mr Robot are truly great shows.

Last edited:

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I love the slow moving aspect of the show. It's a breath of fresh air, and they do it well.

Rushing everything just seems like a waste. I love their filming style and their ability to capture atmosphere like they do.

Amazing finale.

Reactions: EON and McCupofOil

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I forgot to say (seemed redundant to me though) that I really liked the finale. Mike/Werner as well as the scenes with Lalo were amazing. “I’ll go to have a better look at the stars” - followed by the silent killshot - truly heartbreaking. Same goes for Werner’s “goodbye” call to his wife. Him having to be mean to her in order to save her life - all that while hearing her voice for the very last time. Cinematically perfectly executed scenes. Great pictures, awesome acting.

Jim turning Saul, I guess he had everyone including the audience fooled there. Kim’s shock and him not even realizing truly and fully displayed his psychopathic character.

Great finale with just a few weaknesses.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I forgot to say (seemed redundant to me though) that I really liked the finale. Mike/Werner as well as the scenes with Lalo were amazing. “I’ll go to have a better look at the stars” - followed by the silent killshot - truly heartbreaking. Same goes for Werner’s “goodbye” call to his wife. Him having to be mean to her in order to save her life - all that while hearing her voice for the very last time. Cinematically perfectly executed scenes. Great pictures, awesome acting.

Reminded me of Walt's last phone call to Skyler

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I love the slow moving aspect of the show. It's a breath of fresh air, and they do it well. Rushing everything just seems like a waste. I love their filming style and their ability to capture atmosphere like they do. Amazing finale.
Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad