TV: Better Call Saul - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
You must be watching the wrong show. They've scammed free drinks before, but Jimmy always works w/o Kim and never tells her until afterwards.
I don't understand. I'm clearly talking about their bar scams. She loves it. The tequila bottle in her desk....she kept it. Now she wants more.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I think Kim has participated here and there with Jimmy. There was the bar stuff almost to see if they could pull it off, plus the targets were kind douchebags. She was complicit in what Jimmy did to the Mesa Verde files after the fact. She was also involved with planting the battery on Chuck. I don't think it's the personality change from the accident although maybe a little. She's bored with legal work from the bank, seems like she is chasing a rush from litigating in court and finding unique/shady methods to win.

Last episode was much better because we actually had a courtroom angle again. Nacho stuff is interesting, it's quite the pad he has. So do we feel he's skimming right now? The Crazy 8 and Nacho scenes were good as well.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
So Kim will convince Saul to do some shady shit with her in her big case for Wyoming. I imagine we can expect it to go wrong, Kim will lose everything (maybe due to an error by Saul?) and there goes their relationship and maybe more?

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
While the plots might not be all that bad this show tends to beat a dead horse like no other. Chuck - one season too long. Jimmy not an attorney again.... should be past this already. We are starting to see some kinks between Kim and Jimmy. Even the head dude on the site going AWOL - not all that interesting.

I was also surprised Jimmy didn't bring up Chuck and good thing Kim went there. There is no tension for us in that relationship because we know she's not around in BB.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
While the plots might not be all that bad this show tends to beat a dead horse like no other. Chuck - one season too long. Jimmy not an attorney again.... should be past this already. We are starting to see some kinks between Kim and Jimmy. Even the head dude on the site going AWOL - not all that interesting.

I was also surprised Jimmy didn't bring up Chuck and good thing Kim went there. There is no tension for us in that relationship because we know she's not around in BB.
It's a study of Jimmy and company and it's not even that slow. Things happen. It's a highly stylized show - it's a treat to watch.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Some of the whining is hilarious. Name some current shows that are better. This should be good.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Jimmys story is basically a super villain origin. No matter how hard he tries to escape the slippin jimmy persona...set backs in his life keeping pushing it back to it. Last night was brilliant because it showed even after Chuck died...his opinion of Jimmy is still holding Jimmy back. Eventually he is going to embrace it snd become Saul.

I get that this show is slow...but so was BB. What is great about it is it keeps you entertained through all the foundation laying and then you get the payoff like last night.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
It's almost 2 different shows in one at this point. The drug stuff, and the Jimmy stuff

I was watching the recent episode and I can't remember if it was a scene with the Germans or with Nacho and Co., but the scene ended and it cut to a shot of Jimmy and I thought 'oh, right, this is Better Call Saul. I totally forgot!'

At this point, Jimmy's journey to becoming Saul is about the 4th most interesting story line on this show

Reactions: LightningStrikes

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Kim's look on her face at the end - finally realizing Jimmy is a bit of a psychopath. Next season should be better with Saul full on.
He's not just a bit of a psychopath. He's fully florid. I mean hello, he was a career criminal for how many years in Chicago? The real question is just how much of a psychopath Kim is. She's been happily going along with his scams, she gets bored pretty easily, she's pretty emotionally shut down herself...the only real suspenseful part now is how her story turns out. Jimmy we know, Mike we know, Gus we know, the Salamancas we know...sorta. Kim we don't.

And honestly much prefer the prequel backstory of Mike, Gus and the Salamancas over the prequel backstory of Jimmy. Was finding myself wanting to fast-forward through Jimmy's story scenes to get to more of the Mike and Werner part. Also Lalo. I want to see more of him. I like the charismatic and ruthless edge he brings.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Kim's look on her face at the end - finally realizing Jimmy is a bit of a psychopath. Next season should be better with Saul full on.
She looked devastated and disgusted there. She thought he was actually being sincere in his speech, and then they get outside and he of course reveals that he was acting the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad