WC: Best players in the tourney?

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I'm not sold on Fasth yet, I think he was very lucky yesterday.

The semifinal will be his graduation and test for me. :)

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
While Granlund has been great for Finland, I think Koivu has been more valuable. Solid on both ends, and also killing off Finland's 5 on 3 penalties. Granlund has been amazing tho', whenever he has the puck on offensive zone, he seems to be in total control of the ice.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
While Granlund has been great for Finland, I think Koivu has been more valuable. Solid on both ends, and also killing off Finland's 5 on 3 penalties. Granlund has been amazing tho', whenever he has the puck on offensive zone, he seems to be in total control of the ice.

reminds me of Tavares a bit.

Not overly fast, not overly flashy or big, but really smart with the puck and just a great hockey player. I had doubts about him in the draft because I hadn't seen him play much but you cannot go wrong with a player who thinks the game and sees the ice as well as he does!

crabcz

Sep 17, 2007
Prague
Fasth? Shutouts against France, Austria and Switzerland don't exactly impress me/anyone. Then he also started against Germany and USA and got scored on twice in both games. One game against a top 6 team and missed 2 games. Great performance by him, but it's just too easy. He needs to win against Czechs and then gold medal.

Pavelec's faced Latvia, Denmark, Finland, Slovakia, Russia and USA.

Last edited:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
reminds me of Tavares a bit.

Not overly fast, not overly flashy or big, but really smart with the puck and just a great hockey player. I had doubts about him in the draft because I hadn't seen him play much but you cannot go wrong with a player who thinks the game and sees the ice as well as he does!
Tavares as a playmaker. More passing, less scoring.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu
Jarkko Immonen - Mikael Granlund -duo have been carrying this very average Finnish team to the semifinals.

Also Bastiansen and M.Olimb from Norway have been avesome.

Tavares from Canada is as good as was expected.

Tedenby from Sverige. :cry: Damn, where do you get all these great youngsters? Also Fasth in the goal has been good.

I could name the Czech teams as a whole, but Jagr, Plekanec, Zidlicky and Pavelec are clearly all-star material if they dont freeze in the last rounds. I highly doubt they do.

Russia has been so on/off so it's hard to name one player. Maybe the Kazan-line has been most impressive.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Granlund for team finland
Tavares for canada
Pavelec for czech
Berglund for sweden
Hard to name from russia maybe Nikulin? he has been solid.

MVP= Pavelec so far.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site

As a Wild fan, this sounds good to me. :D

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
Fasth? Shutouts against France, Austria and Switzerland don't exactly impress me/anyone. Then he also started against Germany and USA and got scored on twice in both games. One game against a top 6 team and missed 2 games. Great performance by him, but it's just too easy. He needs to win against Czechs and then gold medal.

Pavelec's faced Latvia, Denmark, Finland, Slovakia, Russia and USA.

Oops? On a side note I think the bolded part is a bit silly, hockey is a team sport

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad