4. CAN - John Tavares 3 2 3 5 +5 2 FW
5. NOR - Per-Åge Skrøder 4 2 3 5 -1 6 FW
6. SUI - Ivo Rüthemann 4 1 4 5 +3 4 FW
7. RUS - Ilya Kovalchuk 4 0 5 5 0 2 FW
8. SWE - Patrik Berglund 3 4 0 4 +3 2 FW
9. RUS - Sergei Zinovjev 4 4 0 4 +1 2 FW
10. FIN - Jarkko Immonen 3 3 1 4 0 0 FW

Point leaders so far.
Interesting top ten list, dominated by Norway, and no player from team USA present :amazed:

Well I know Stepan has 1 4 5 in 4 games so I'm not sure that's accurate.

Kigetsi

Nov 6, 2009
Finland
Granlund has been awesome along with Jarkko Immonen for Finland. Ossi Väänänen has showed up from Finlands mediocre defense.

Germanys goaltender Endras has been really good. I wonder if any NHL team has interest in him?

Jeff Skinner has also been a treat to watch. This guy will be an amazing player.

Jagr has also showed that he can still play. Awesome player who can still control the flow of the game. It's really hard to knock him out of the puck when he is carrying it.

Shaun_W_W

Jan 7, 2007
Glad to hear Holzer is playing well, he was good in the AHL this past year and should be top pairing in the AHL next year.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
nagy has 3g 2a to lead slovakia with only 12 and a half minutes per game.

coach needs to learn to ride the hot streak and give him more icetime.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
From Sweden I would put the tournament goalscoring leader Berglund forward as our champion, although Fast (97.62%, 2 Shutouts) could definitely overtake him if he continues to play as well against another couple of solid opponents.

Norwegian

Pitbull Sniper
Aug 17, 2010
Asker, Norway
Norway is the best.

Praying that will stand after tomorrows game aswell:)

Best players atleast for norway

Bastiansen has been exellent and shows why he was the SEL playoffs MVP

Olimb- 1+8 in 4 games says it all, outstanding! bad decission by blackhawks letting him go, atleast before giving him a real try?

Tollefsen- The norwegian nightmare living up to the nickname the bluejacket fans and ken Hitchcock gave him.

Holøs getting better and better was amazing against the swiz.

Haugen, our goalie maybe the biggest and most plesant surprise has been very good.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I believe he was signed by the Minnesota Wild last year

Yep.

Dennis Endras will be coming over next year and if things go to plan, he'll likely find himself backing up Backstrom for the Wild.

Nice to see many pleased with Granlund's play thus far. Haven't watched more than a few minutes of him in the tourny, but our Finnish contingent that frequent the Wild forum are raving about him.

Wiesel

May 29, 2008
Endras looks really good. Wouldn't be surprised if he made an impact next year.

Djurgardsjavel

Oct 29, 2010
Valhalla
I haven't seen all that much of the lower ranked teams to be honest. So far, Jarkko Immonen, the two norwegians Olimb and Bastiansen, Pietrangelo and Eberle for Canada, Loui Eriksson and Patrik Berglund from Tre Kronor and the german team in its entirety are the people who have impressed me the most.

It's easily one of the least star-studded World Championships that I can recall. Ovechkin will be fun to watch henceforth.

Wolfy*

Well I know Stepan has 1 4 5 in 4 games so I'm not sure that's accurate.

It's the official list from the IIHF website, so it should be accurate.

List just updated, but no Stepan though..

1. NOR - Mathis Olimb 4 1 8 9 +4 0 FW
2. NOR - Anders Bastiansen 4 3 4 7 +4 4 FW
3. CAN - John Tavares 4 3 4 7 +5 2 FW
4. CZE - Patrik Eliáš 4 2 4 6 +4 0 FW
5. SWE - Patrik Berglund 4 5 0 5 +4 4 FW
6. FIN - Jarkko Immonen 4 4 1 5 0 0 FW
7. SVK - Ladislav Nagy 4 3 2 5 +4 4 FW
8. CAN - Jeff Skinner 4 3 2 5 +3 4 FW
9. CZE - Martin Havlát 4 2 3 5 +3 0 FW
10. NOR - Per-Åge Skrøder 4 2 3 5 -1 6 FW

Norwegian said:
Tollefsen- The norwegian nightmare living up to the nickname the bluejacket fans and ken Hitchcock gave him.

I'm sure Tollefsen looks forward to the game tomorrow, playing against his old coach and teammates Nash and Methot. I believe Hitch knows everything about OKT :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Djurgardsjavel

Oct 29, 2010
Valhalla
From Sweden I would put the tournament goalscoring leader Berglund forward as our champion, although Fast (97.62%, 2 Shutouts) could definitely overtake him if he continues to play as well against another couple of solid opponents.

I do believe I owe you a "thank you" for an old, much appreciated post complementing my avatar. :nod:
Thanks, just never got around to answering that, Djurgårdsbroder.

Hurts to say it, but that Solna Ishockey Förening-goalkeeper we're stuck with is awful impressive at times. Easily one of the best of the tournament.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
I do believe I owe you a "thank you" for an old, much appreciated post complementing my avatar. :nod:
Thanks, just never got around to answering that, Djurgårdsbroder.

Hurts to say it, but that Solna Ishockey Förening-goalkeeper we're stuck with is awful impressive at times. Easily one of the best of the tournament.

You're welcome! Jens Öhling was easily my favourite player growing up.

The good thing about Fast's performances is that the better he does now, the bigger the chance of him moving to North America gets ;)

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Hmm.. I'll try to make some kind of allstar line, of the ones i've been impressed by so far in this tournament.

Kovalchuk - Important passes for Russia
Tavares - Center was the hardest choise for me
Granlund - Honorable mention Skinner

Zidlicky - Overall good imo
Nikulin - Impressed how he has played offensively

Endras

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
JT has been JT as usual. Puts up points, nothing too flashy, but does things which makes hockey lovers go wow.

Not as much press as Eberle, Spezza or Skinner because he hasnt scored winning goals, but importantly, he scored tying and go-ahead goals

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
But no really, Skinner and Radulov

Skinner's been good but Radulov? I've seen 2 Russia's game and he was horrible most of the time. I was more impressed by the KHL-line, especially Zinovjev

Djurgardsjavel

Oct 29, 2010
Valhalla
You're welcome! Jens Öhling was easily my favourite player growing up.

The good thing about Fast's performances is that the better he does now, the bigger the chance of him moving to North America gets ;)

Mine too! Born and raised in Nacka, where he started playing. 18 seasons for the same non-professional club, without ever having had the chance of even ONE lucrative year abroad making anything like good money. God, it brings a tear to my eye even now. True grit. In a time of mercenaries.

Mmm..yeeees. Why don't we hype him some more, why don't we? *evil* By far the best goalie of the Elitserie, wouldn't you say? A bargain at any price. *wink wink nudge nudge* :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->