Best Player Of The Playoffs So Far?

Who's been the best player so far in these playoffs?

• Total voters

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Stone leads the playoffs in ppg while being a beast defensively I am not sure why you are coming at me its not like he is a bad choice. Eberle couldnt hold Stones jock defensively.
I'm not "coming at you". You specifically quoted "six goals in seven games", and I just mentioned another player who had four goals in four games. Stone has more points per game, and Eberle has more goals per game. Both good players.

Not sure why you mentioned "Eberle couldnt hold Stones jock defensively." (sic). Eberle is +6, Stone is +2.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm not "coming at you". You specifically quoted "six goals in seven games", and I just mentioned another player who had four goals in four games. Stone has more points per game, and Eberle has more goals per game. Both good players.

Not sure why you mentioned "Eberle couldnt hold Stones jock defensively." (sic). Eberle is +6, Stone is +2.

I also made a point to mention all of his accolades totalling his excellent performance but then you specifically went after goal. But hey man if you think Eberle is even in the same conversation as Stone based on his plus minus in one playoff series. Well you should probably start following a new sport because you are clueless. You know that Stone has lead the NHL in takeaways per game for 4 straight seasons and is nominated for the selke trophy.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I also made a point to mention all of his accolades totalling his excellent performance but then you specifically went after goal. But hey man if you think Eberle is even in the same conversation as Stone based on his plus minus in one playoff series. Well you should probably start following a new sport because you are clueless. You know that Stone has lead the NHL in takeaways per game for 4 straight seasons and is nominated for the selke trophy.
I'm sure you didn't "mention all of his accolades", because now you've mentioned others. At least one of which isn't true.

But it's not a big deal. I did not say stone wasn't a very good player. All I did was name someone else. If you seriously believe that there is only one good player in the league, then "you should probably start following a new sport because you are clueless", and I should ignore you from now on.

At least I know one of us will do what they should.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
I'm starting to think Slavin is the current front runner for the Conn Smythe. Dude has been unreal. Leading the canes in points, +/-, blocked shots, and TOI.
You mean YOUR current front runner. Don't think Conn Smythe comes from a team that doesn't win the Cup. Not saying Canes couldn't win - but your comment sounded like they will.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Here to nominate Seth Jones, played over 40 minutes the other night. An absolute beast that doesnt tire.

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
You mean YOUR current front runner. Don't think Conn Smythe comes from a team that doesn't win the Cup. Not saying Canes couldn't win - but your comment sounded like they will.

So, basically the exact same thing for any other player mentioned who's team is still alive?

Reactions: Svechhammer

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Well I meant it in that he's been the most valuable player in the playoffs this far. But considering the canes are the current statistical favorites to win the cup, it makes the most sense in the way you perceived it as well.

Reactions: Svechhammer

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
I think overlooking the rookie Foegele is a mistake. He is coming through in the clutch for the Hurricanes time and time again.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
McLovin turning into a scoring machine out of nowhere has been a revelation for the Canes. I know Slavin is getting a lot of long deserved attention and love for his play this postseason, but Foegele cannot be forgotten.

AltruisticJampackedAmericanredsquirrel-small.gif

Reactions: mikeyfan

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm sure you didn't "mention all of his accolades", because now you've mentioned others. At least one of which isn't true.

But it's not a big deal. I did not say stone wasn't a very good player. All I did was name someone else. If you seriously believe that there is only one good player in the league, then "you should probably start following a new sport because you are clueless", and I should ignore you from now on.

At least I know one of us will do what they should.

I brought up all of the things he was doing actually you quoted the post. You then singled out goals. When did I say there was one good player in the league? Your post really isnt making much sense.

PayPay

Apr 29, 2019
Greenville, NC
Of course I have watched the Canes playoff games and seen what Slavin has done especially on the defensive side and he had made some amazing plays which I think is one of the main reasons why the Canes are still in this. Of course players like Foegele and his goals have helped, but Slavin from what I have watched have done it on both ends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad