Best Player Of The Playoffs So Far?

Who's been the best player so far in these playoffs?

• Total voters

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Pretty surprised at how an oilers fan can watch that series and say stone was better. Mackinnon pretty much played like a more physical and a right handed version of mcdavid with probably a bit less speed. He was basically at his peak and you’re saying stone was better?

12 points in 7 games leads the playoffs 6 goals, incredible posession stats leads the playoffs in takeaways. Pretty good playoffs too bad about the 5 minute major.

Ace36758

Feb 15, 2007
Calgary
Marchand or Bishop for me

If its just skater, then I'd go Marchand

Edit - they had a stat which showed Boston's record in the playoffs when he scores. It's like 20-1 or something. I'll see if I can find it..

Yes here:

Last time he scored and they didnt win the playoff game was 2012

Stats like this have little value. Spot any team a goal and their record will be good.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Stone. People were actually on these boards acting like Stasny was a #1C or Patches refound his game from 3 years ago. Nah, they were just playing with Stone.

Stone disappeared in the final 3 games of the series and finally showed up again when he gave the puck away to Erik Karlsson on the GWG in game 7.

The correct answer here is MacKinnon.

12 points in 7 games leads the playoffs 6 goals, incredible posession stats leads the playoffs in takeaways. Pretty good playoffs too bad about the 5 minute major.

He was below 50% in Corsi. Those aren't incredible possession stats.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Eberle actually deserves some consideration, 4 goals in 4 games.
Eberle looked like Datsyuk out there honestly. Doesn't necessarily have the point totals of MacK and Stone but that's what happens when your entire team completely dominates the other.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
in sports... especially hockey... I appreciate defense more than anything

gotta go with Marchand for that reason alone... his offense obviously helps... incredibly effective player
Bergeron and Marchand on the same line isn't fair...

Last edited:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
MacKinnon. Dude gets a lot of love now but not enough. Stone was great but i'd say ovechkin was #2.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad