Best LW in the league?

Best LW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

illpucks

May 26, 2011
The fact that Ovechkin is still #2 as a 33 year old is amazing. And he is still gonna have 50 goals again. Is Crosby even #2 at his position right now?
#2? [mod] What has Gaudreau done outside of be a poor quality clone of Patrick Kane?

Ovi is #1 by a country mile. Gaudreau couldn't hold Kane's jock strap.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KoozNetsOff 92

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
#2? [mod] What has Gaudreau done outside of be a poor quality clone of Patrick Kane?

Ovi is #1 by a country mile. Gaudreau couldn't hold Kane's jock strap.
lol[mod] Ovechkin obviously has the better track record and is generational but hes also like 8 years older. Gaudreau obviously needs to score 100 to prove he is better RIGHT NOW.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Gaudreau is kind of a defensive liability but the offensive gap is far to large to make an argument for any other player this year.

Wingers play such a small role in the defensive zone that I wouldn't really even rate that as a factor. A winger has to either be great or terrible to make much of a difference there, and I'm sure Gaudreau is fine at the most important defensive skill: exiting the zone with possession.

robbie111

Nov 10, 2013
Gaudreau is kind of a defensive liability but the offensive gap is far to large to make an argument for any other player this year.

Gaudreau is the leading winger in the NHL in +- at +20 and 4th overall forward so yeah that argument doesn't hold water.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Lmao.
Wow
[mod]
Haha I must have missed those comments. Apparently I was trying to hide Hall as well.

I'm frankly surprised Ovechkin is getting so many votes. He's pretty well below a point per game player over the last few years despite playing on a loaded team. I actually expected people to favor guys like Hall, Giroux, and Panarin.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
it is awesome that johnny is doing great, but until ovechkin starts to decline, he’s the king of left wing

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I feel like you made this poll because your the biggest Gaudreau fan in the world and want to revel in his glory. But at the same time, JG is the correct answer.

I think that JG is the best offensive player but the best LW for me is Tkachuk, he just does so many things besides scores points.

It's extremely pain full that the Canucks took Oli ahead of him.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He gives the puck away far more than he steals it, but offensively he's so good right now it doesn't matter.

Giveaways are not an indication of anything other than who carries the puck a lot and makes a lot of passes.

It's hilarious that this talking point is still being brought up.

Reactions: DominikBokkFan

JustinCase

Dec 1, 2018
Ontario
Let me preface this by saying I am not a huge OV fan. However, if I had to take 1 player for a deep Stanley Cup run, I'm taking Ovechkin.
Gudreau is extremely hot right now, but OV is still the best LW in the game.

ijif

Dec 20, 2018
I think I would take Hall, but that could change by the end of the season. The top 4-5 guys are all pretty close.

Leafsrock95

Oct 4, 2014
This is 2019 ovechkin isn’t all that anymore. Just a triggerman really. Gaudreau is more effective.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Gaudreau is a franchise player.

Ovechkin is a once-ever player.

So is Gaudreau, y'all just don't see it yet(and he obviously has much more to prove).

Not trying to take anything away from OV, who I think is the greatest goal scorer ever and a top 10 player in history. Commenting on one player's talent does nothing to denigrate the talent of another, but Gaudreau is 21 points up on Ovechkin and the poll is asking who the best LW is today, not over the last decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad