Best LW in the league?

Best LW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Left Wing seems unique in that the dominant player from year to year seems to vary quite frequently - it probably has more legitimate contenders to the crown than any other position.

Over the last 5 years there's been 6 guys who really separated themselves from the pack: Benn, Ovechkin, Hall, Marchand, Gaudreau, and Panarin. It seems as if Benn is beginning to decline, but there are a few new contenders that could compete for the title, like Tkachuk, Huberdeau, Landeskog, and Forsberg.

Who's the best LW in the game today?

Current top scorers:

Gaudreau 71p
Draisaitl 56p
Tkachuk 55p
Giroux 52p
Ovechkin 52p
Panarin 52p
Landeskog 52p
Marchand 51p
Huberdeau 47p
Skinner 44p

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I feel like you made this poll because your the biggest Gaudreau fan in the world and want to revel in his glory. But at the same time, JG is the correct answer.

*Revels*

In all seriousness, I would like to better understand where everyone sees these guys. Obviously Gaudreau is having the best season, but there are legitimate arguments to be made for at least 4-5 players.

I'd personally rank them:

1. Gaudreau

-------- Incalculably large gap -------
:sarcasm:

2. Panarin
3. Ovechkin
4. Giroux
5. Marchand
6. Draisaitl
7. Forsberg
8. Hall
9. Benn
10. Tkachuk

Walter Sobchak

Dec 30, 2015
I would rank the top 3:
1. Gaudreau
2. Ovechkin
3. Draisaitl

Also, I believe that Tkachuk is rising up the list, fast! In my opinion he is a bigger, stronger more skilled version of Marchand.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Drai is not really a left winger. He's been playing there recently but he has spent a lot more time at RW and C. Don't think he really belong in this poll.

Gaudreau is probably the best right now, I think Panarin is quite close though and Ovechkin is still a beast.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'm quite surprised at the consensus of this. It's so rare to see fans agreeing on something.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
OV has been better than Gaudreau every season from 13/14-17/18. More pts and way more goals and we know Gaudreau brings absolutely nothing else to cut the gap. So because Gaudreau has been better for 40 games this season he's suddenly #1? Lol yeah right. OV is number one and it's not a debate. I'm taking the current rocket+smythe winner and the proof of the being better 5 years in a row over a 40 game half season.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
OV has been better than Gaudreau every season from 13/14-17/18. More pts and way more goals and we know Gaudreau brings absolutely nothing else to cut the gap. So because Gaudreau has been better for 40 games this season he's suddenly #1? Lol yeah right. OV is number one and it's not a debate. I'm taking the current rocket+smythe winner and the proof of the being better 5 years in a row over a 40 game half season.
It's asking for the best in the game today. You should not be worrying about 2013

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
It's asking for the best in the game today. You should not be worrying about 2013

Did OV win the smythe+rocket in 2013? And the point is that when one guy has been better literally every season for 5 straight, as recently as last season, you take him over the dude who gets ahead for 40 games.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
No doubt Gaudreau has had a great half season, but it takes more than that to dethrone a 7 time Richard winner.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
The fact that Ovechkin is still #2 as a 33 year old is amazing. And he is still gonna have 50 goals again. Is Crosby even #2 at his position right now?

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Gaudreau is kind of a defensive liability but the offensive gap is far to large to make an argument for any other player this year.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
We saw last season how a player can have a year that goes completely above the norm, that I won't consider Johnny G above Ovi just yet. That said, I'd take him first if I was doing a fantasy draft, simply because of the age difference.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad