Best Hockey Stick

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Everyone has their own preferences. Heck, you still have players in the NHL using wood sticks. Kovalev uses the Warrior AK-27 even though there are more higher end Warrior sticks out here (of course he's probably required to use it due to it being his name). Just find something with the correct lie, curve, and flex for you and you'll have the perfect stick. Once you figure out what you like, find a durable stick and you're ready to go. I always like Warrior sticks, they're pimp.

tisting9

Feb 16, 2007
I've narrowed it down

I think I've pretty much narrowed it down to the S17 or NikeBauer190.
Which one is better? Also, you can still mention other sticks!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Being that the S17 hasn't been released (although my local pro shop says they got them in on Monday) and only a handful of non-pros have had it for more than a week........and the retail S17 is only going to be available in 50 or 100 flex until Spring........I'm not sure what you're expecting people to tell you.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Any Warrior in my mind. I have a MacDaddy with a Kovalev curve and I love it. My AK-27 is also awesome. I have better stickhandling with the AK-27 but my shot is alot harder with the Mac Daddy.

tisting9

Feb 16, 2007
Sticks

I loved my Mac Daddy Warrior last year, but this year I got a Kronik and hated it! It was so stiff! It was an 85 but felt stiffer than my 95 flex wood stick by a lot.

bmxer

Apr 14, 2004
Finland
After breaking 5 or 6 Synergy 300's (yes, i know, cheap stick in the first place, but I couldn't really justify dropping 200+++ $ on a stick), I bought a Warrior Dolomite niple grip 100 flex federov with a 6 lie and it's probably the best stick I've ever used. But I have been partial to cheap sticks most of the time. Not anymore.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Thanks for the reply, but I meant which is the best performance wise. Cost, durability, looks, I do not care about. Which will give me the best performance. I know it is the hands holding the stick, not the stick, but which stick will help my stickhandling and shot the most.

Sorry. Not that simple. You have to find out which one is best for you on your own. Everyone is different.

Jake1999

Aug 20, 2007
Honestly the best stick out their is not the most expensive, its the the one that has the right curve, the right flex the right weight for you. you could buy a 250 doller s17 stick and have it not feel right, then go and buy a 100 doller random composite and have it feel amazing and that would be the better stick.

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON

the 190 is a pure shooters stick and from my understanding so is an S17, well I know the S17 shoots like crazy, but I also know the 190 loses a bit in feel (that's what the XXXX is for)

iceman17

Dec 8, 2007
I bought an Easton Stealth not too long ago hearing great things about one pieces, but wasn't taht impressed.

Now i use the Vapor XXX shafts witih a nike-bauer blade 3/8 curve. Its awesome.

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON
Well I was looking for some sweatpants in my dad's closet b/c my house is freezing and came across a red S17 Forsberg 100 flex. :yo:

I feel kinda bad I found it but it'll be a merry christmas.

mooseOAK*

the headshake was because every other week someone puts up a new, "which stick is best" thread.

And every week someone is looking for a new stick.

Over a year ago I was looking for a durable stick and someone in here recommended the Vector stick and I have had it ever since. OPS-V100 type. Don't know if they are still available though.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Everyone has their own preferences. Heck, you still have players in the NHL using wood sticks. Kovalev uses the Warrior AK-27 even though there are more higher end Warrior sticks out here (of course he's probably required to use it due to it being his name). Just find something with the correct lie, curve, and flex for you and you'll have the perfect stick. Once you figure out what you like, find a durable stick and you're ready to go. I always like Warrior sticks, they're pimp.
He uses them because they build them to his exact specs and hes used them for years. It amazes how much love Warrior gets now for buying an existing company and marketing them. When it was Innovative alot of people had no clue about them. Their marketing startegy and stick names do leave alot to be desired though.

Ive only seen one poster suggest TPS. Composite wise only ones Ive used over the last 6-8 years. Had a few one pieces that lasted a while and a few shafts that are absolute tanks that have held up and arent too bad wieght wise. If you can find them the XN10 or the R2 XN10 have great feel to them.

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON
He uses them because they build them to his exact specs and hes used them for years. It amazes how much love Warrior gets now for buying an existing company and marketing them. When it was Innovative alot of people had no clue about them. Their marketing startegy and stick names do leave alot to be desired though.

Ive only seen one poster suggest TPS. Composite wise only ones Ive used over the last 6-8 years. Had a few one pieces that lasted a while and a few shafts that are absolute tanks that have held up and arent too bad wieght wise. If you can find them the XN10 or the R2 XN10 have great feel to them.

Innovative's thing was actually manufacturing shafts for Easton and Bauer I believe in the early days. I had one, it was a good stick, pretty good feel, hard to gauge though coming from Easton what Flex I needed though because their 100 or whatever wasn't the same feel. The shaft I did have though tended to roll in my hands a little too much towards the end the game, so it didn't last too long before I had to get something else.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Innovative's thing was actually manufacturing shafts for Easton and Bauer I believe in the early days. I had one, it was a good stick, pretty good feel, hard to gauge though coming from Easton what Flex I needed though because their 100 or whatever wasn't the same feel. The shaft I did have though tended to roll in my hands a little too much towards the end the game, so it didn't last too long before I had to get something else.
I think that was really the only thing that peopel found wrong with them was some torquing issues. I knew they started out making shafts for other companies but whent hey come out with their own they werent real hyped like other companies. Amazing what a little marketing did for them. All of a sudden Warrior is all over the place and it seems at times they are startign to have some fo the same reliability issues as the other companies.

Diamond Joe

Apr 7, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think that was really the only thing that peopel found wrong with them was some torquing issues. I knew they started out making shafts for other companies but whent hey come out with their own they werent real hyped like other companies. Amazing what a little marketing did for them. All of a sudden Warrior is all over the place and it seems at times they are startign to have some fo the same reliability issues as the other companies.

Is that a torquing issue or just a round shaft thing? I thought it was too round of a shaft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad