Best fighter in the NHL currently?

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
I've seen various Chara fights and due his size he is nearly impossible to win. Iginla is also decent fighter when he has to. In today's NHL guys like Reaves and Engelland rank high simply because there aren't many of their kind left in the league.

CanCHI

Dec 6, 2015
My first time I saw Brian Boyle fight, I wondered how he could be so bad for how big he was, when he got demolished by Theo Peckham

Peckham is really tough though. That is not a good judge of Boyles ability. Obviously he is going to get beat down by Pecks

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
lol @ anyone saying boyle is a bad fighter. when he was a bolt he would legitimately pick people up with one hand and punch them with the other.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
lol @ anyone saying boyle is a bad fighter. when he was a bolt he would legitimately pick people up with one hand and punch them with the other.
I want to see video of this...

He's absolutely a bad fighter. According to DYG, he is 9-14-10 in fights. His last 3 fight wins he fought Travis Zajac (0-4-2) & Colton Sceviour (0-7-4) and Steve Ott (23-48-51) - He has never, ever won a fight against a guy with a winning record, or a legitimate "fighter"

He's bad.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I think people grossly overrate Chara. He will throw two punches, and then wrestle everyone to the ground.

well at 40 and nothing left to prove ....sure.
but lets not forget there still is a reason why some wont go with him either. THN did a piece on that just a couple of years ago.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Any answer other than Ryan Reaves is wrong. He's the best out there right now... He's got a fairly impressive fight card as well with guys like McGrattan (Champ for many years), Peluso, Scott, Bordeleau, Bissonette, Mashinter, Rechlicz, Thornton, McIlrath, Boll, Neil, etc.

Definitely the top dog right now. That said, his card over the last few seasons hasn't been too impressive due to the above guys basically being phased out of the game.

Reactions: ps241

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I think people grossly overrate Chara. He will throw two punches, and then wrestle everyone to the ground.
Yep.
I've seen Chara maul many people but I don't think I've ever seen him beat anyone up in the traditional sense.
He's not a good fighter but he's effective because he's too big to hit (can't reach him).
When you want highlights of his fights, you need to turn off the sound so you want watch objectively without his hype-man Edwards yelling about how amazing he is.
You'll also notice that despite his size, he tends to jump players in a lot of this fights.

If he would have fought any of the other giants like Scott, Boo, Belak, etc they would have destroyed him.

I can't blame him for not fighting those guys though. It would be stupid for him to take himself off the ice (being a #1 back then) for the sake of taking a 6 minute a night guy off.

Last edited:

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
He's neck and neck with Reaves, but i just have Reaves ahead due to activity and overall fight card. I'd love to see them go though, surprised it hasn't happened yet to be honest.

No doubt. It would be a good tilt for sure.. Reaves definitely seems to be the best "true enforcer" left anymore.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Adam McQuaid has to be in the conversation, he rarely loses a fight. Reaves is probably #1 though.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
McQuaid is top 5 right now I'd say. Here's who i have that play on a regular basis.

The Clear #1-2

Ryan Reaves
Milan Lucic

The Rest (No Particular Order)
Michael Haley
Kurtis MacDermid
Adam McQuaid
Dalton Prout
Luke Witowski
Josh Manson
Matt Martin
Wayne Simmonds
Chris Stewart
Kevan Miller
Cody McLeod

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Bieksa with two KOs this year - he's Top-10 imo. He has faced off against plenty of heavyweights - more than his fair share considering he played most of his career in the top-4.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Bieksa with two KOs this year - he's Top-10 imo. He has faced off against plenty of heavyweights - more than his fair share considering he played most of his career in the top-4.
He's not top 10 or even that close really. Also, he didn't knock anyone out. He had two super man punches against two scrubs... I can't justify putting him ahead of anyone in the list i made. Which heavies has he fought? I could be missing something.

He has a very inflated record, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
He's not top 10 or even that close really. Also, he didn't knock anyone out. He had two super man punches against two scrubs... I can't justify putting him ahead of anyone in the list i made. Which heavies has he fought? I could be missing something.

He has a very inflated record, in my opinion.
He fought Simmonds to a draw and Simmonds is on your list

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad