Best Defencemen on your team THIS YEAR.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
???

Are you joking or is this guy actually playing for the Flyers???

458575776-carlo-colaiacovo-of-the-philadelphia-flyers-gettyimages.jpg

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Above expectations

Miller - He's still under the radar but has been rock-solid.

Bartkowski - The expectations were at rock bottom, but he's acquitted himself well when he's found himself in the line-up

Meeting Expectations

Hamilton - I am not nearly as enamored with him as other Bruins fans are. I think he takes way too many risks and has a ton to work on defensively. That being said, he's brought a lot of good to the table. He was an obvious breakout candidate going into the season, so I think he's met his expectations for the most part.

Morrow, Warsofsky - Looked fine when they were playing. Nothing to write home about, but not bad either.

Below Expectations

Chara - Tough go with injuries, but he's been abysmal since he returned.

Seidenberg - He's either been really bad or just OK. I attribute it to last years injury for the most part, and hope that he will rebound in time.

Krug - Hasn't been awful, but he hasn't been very good overall. Still producing though, which is a positive.

Trotman - Not that much if anything was expected of him, but he's looked really bad.

McQuaid - I can't stand him in the line-up. Sloppy, over-used and oft-injured. He's eating minutes that could be allocated much better. Still hoping he gets traded.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Edler and Tanev are close to equal

Hamhuis a clear third although he has been hit with some injuries this season.

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
Mark Streit ainec, and that's the problem. If Mark Streit is your #1 dman, and by far the best dman on the team, you're gonna have a bad time.

jdatb

Apr 29, 2014
Edler and Tanev. Hamhuis is third, even though he's missed a huge gob of games. In fact, Hamhuis has been better than some of our other D even when he hasn't been playing :cry:

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
It has to be John Carlson for the Caps. He started off a little shakey in hus own zone, but he's been improving and his offensive game is strong right now. Many Caps fans think the PP was better with Carly than it has been with Green.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Do I have to pick one??

I guess Dougie. It's super variable though. Some games he's absolutely incredible. Then the next night he's standing on top of Tuukka while a goal goes in. But yeah, overall he's been the most reliable.

Honestly Bart's been very good. Both offensively and defensively. Very few fartkowski moments.

Krug, Seidenberg and Chara have been brutal. All have had injuries recently though.

Miller and McQuaid are fine. Trotman sucked.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Up to this point? Kevin Klein. He's been a revelation this season. Ask me again in like a month and it's probably McDonagh, he's getting his game back after coming back from injury/slow start.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
Letang overall. Ehrhoff had a pretty lackluster start to the year but has been great since and the best defenseman many nights.

Most improved goes to Despres who's now a legit top 4 guy.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Difficult one for the Devils.

Severson came in looking like a ****ing rock star, slowed down with the production while still being good defensively in crazy difficult matchups, but hasn't played in a while due to injury.

Larsson has been great defensively all year, but his offense hasn't kicked in and he's been yo-yo'd in and out of the lineup a lot because of injury/idiocy. Starting to get on a roll now.

Merrill has dealt with injury all season, and despite his increased point totals I've been disappointed by his less than crisp defensive game. Some highlights, major inconsistency.

Greene's play has been mildly disappointing, but he's the only one that has been consistently healthy, and does play very difficult minutes.

Gun to my head and I'll probably say Severson but there really isn't anyone screaming at me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad