Best Defencemen on your team THIS YEAR.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Hedman has the best offensive numbers, but there's been a little Jekyll and Hyde in his game. Probably Stralman.

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Edler or Tanev.

Edler with a big bounce back season so far, mostly due to Tanev who is quietly solid game in and game out.

Hamhuis hurt for close to 20 games already, otherwise it would likely be him.

Stanton also gets honorable mention here.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
In spite of his post mumps mini slump, a wonderful year( stoopid penalties aside) by Marco Scandella, a good year by Brodin.... You know it's going to be Suter. Worried that Yeo is going to overplay him into an early grave.

JS91

May 14, 2014
Stralman. Hedman has been solid most of the time he has played, but just for the fact that Stralman had to act as the #1 D-man on our team for a good 15+ games right at the start of the season (and excelled very well at that) he takes it.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Either Edler or Tanev. They're kinda like Hamhuis-Bieksa in 10-11 with their synergy

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
For Toronto it has varied from game to game, but it's usually the guy who is the healthy scratch that day.

dougie1107

Jul 6, 2012
Memphis
Um, WHAT?? This has to be sarcasm.

EJ is not only the best defenseman he's also been the best player for the Avs. It's a shame so few comprehend how good he is.

He is a good defenseman. People still seem to be holding him to the first overall standard and he is obviously not that good but he is good and I personally thought he should've been at Sochi. Most people aren't going to admit that though because they seem to think if he doesn't turn into an elite defenseman then he's worthless.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Shattenkirk. He's been consistently better than both Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester this season.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Toss up between Burns and Vlasic. Vlasic has been his usual rock-steady self despite playing some really tough minutes, while Burns continues to be a beast in terms of possession and offense. I'd be curious to see who other Sharks fans pick.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Severson or Larsson. I think I would have given it to Larsson if he hadn't missed all that time with the mumps and beginning season press box seats for no reason. When he's played Larsson has been excellent though.

But he's still a bust apparently so really maybe he hasn't, right main board?

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Hamilton definitely for Boston. He has been very good, but I wouldn't say great. Pretty much sums up our season that our best players haven't been anywhere near great.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
With all due respect to Boychuk and Hamonic, I wouldn't say it's even close to a toss-up. For me, Leddy runs away with it, and yes, absolutely throw that man an eight-year contract.

If the Norris voters relied more heavily on advanced statistics, and didn't just consider defensemen among the leading point scorers who don't have a catastrophic plus-minus, I'd say he's easily in the conversation (top-five finish at worst), but that ain't happening any time soon.

Agreed. Leddy has been absolutely fantastic this season. If Boychuk didn't miss any time I still don't think he'd be better than Leddy has been so far.

He made a big gaffe last night on a goal but I can't remember the last time he made a mistake that even led to a scoring chance.

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
Edler has been a beast this year; very happy for him to have such a big bounce back year.

Tanev has been the clear number 2. Tanev looks very, very good this season - defensively solid, but has skated the puck out of our zone with so much confidence this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad