Best Current Puck Handling Goalies

J15

Mar 18, 2009
Detroit might have the best and worst puck handling goalie in the league :laugh:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Price is the best since Brodeur, which means he might be the 2nd best ever at it.

Bishop is also really good at that, but he's a little (tall) *****, so **** him.

Wsh

Feb 16, 2013
Obviously I'm biased but Holtby is really good at handling the puck.

cujoflutie

maybe this belongs on the Detroit board but I wonder if part of the reason Howard is such a bad puck handler is his handedness; he's left-handed but plays goal right handed (said he learned to throw right handed for baseball because it was easier to get gloves that way)

I haven't seen him handle the puck a lot does he need to flip it over when he shoots?

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Allen is unbelievable. Wish he would improve at the more important aspects of being a goalie though. Like mental focus.

Also aggressiveness with the puck does not equal good with the puck. Looking at you Mike Smith, Turco, Belfour.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
My top five:

1. Mrazek
2. Price
3. Allen
4. Bishop
5. Smith

I am still not entirely sure if Alex Stalock is a great puckhandler or a terrible one. He plays the puck constantly and occasionally makes a phenomenal pass, but has made some absolutely brutal flubs that have directly lead to goals. I also don't know if it's just that the Sharks, after years of Nabokov stubbornly refusing to stop playing the puck despite how terrible he was and then Niemi's incompetence, flat out didn't know how to play with an aggressive puck handler.

Bronz

Oct 21, 2013
Bishop and Price deserve to be in the top 3 but Mrazek takes the cake as #1. More and more people will realize he's the best the longer he's in the league.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
Current, Aside from Mrazek's playoff fumble he is really really good with the puck

Past -Turco was amazing, loved watching that guy was jelous of Dallas fans was also before the restricted areas along the boards.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Definitely gotta go with Mrazek, Bishop, and Price top 3, HM Holtby.

Mike Smith doesn't deserve to be on lists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad