Best and Worst Skaters in Leafs history ....

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I love this topic.

______

Was Eddie Shack the best skater? The guy did figure skating flying checks no?

Is it true that he was taught figure skating to improve his skating in the NHL or is that a myth?

That was the story at that time, that Shack took figure skating lessons.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Kaberle was soooo smooth if my memory is still intact. I really enjoyed watching him as a defenseman.

In one of his early seasons, I was sat in the 300s behind the net, and there were large passages of play where I couldn't take my eyes off of him, regardless of where the puck was - he was just so smooth and effortless moving around the ice; i was with my dad during that game, and kept remarking how memorizing it was just watching him shift after shift, ignoring completely where the puck was lol

Reactions: mclaren55

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Worst skater I've ever seen live - Nik Antropov.

Was like watching someone with toothpick legs wade through quick-sand.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Allison scored 60 points in 66 games with the Leafs actually . He may not have been fast, but in 8 seasons he managed to get reach 40+ assists 5 times(4 of those above 50). I suppose his passing abilities was what kept him in the league. I vaguely remember Jason Allison myself if I'm being honest so I can't say how he played but those numbers don't lie

I'm not saying Jason Allison is slow.

BUT

Legend has it, he's still trying to finish off his shootout attempt from 2005 against the Sens.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Eddie "The Entertainer" was on the radio earlier this week. Did you know that he chose #23 because it is ES backwards ??

And that he was illiterate. Once had to hitch hike back to Toronto because he couldn't read a train schedule.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
Dave Keon would be my nomination. He's my fav player all time. Shout out to Eddie Shack.
My friend who is also a Leafs fan, built an ice fishing shack and was painting it blue and white. I told him you should call it “Eddie”. He said why? I said “Eddie Shack”. He said that’s a great idea. He painted Eddie on the front and Shack with #23 on the back. He had it on Facebook and I guess some how Eddie Shack found out about it and actually went there and ice fished with my buddy. He thought that was pretty cool.

Reactions: ToneDog

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
i just love that the swedes look so effortless and pretty when skating Mats Sundin was poetry on ice and i like William Nylander a lot
Mogilny was smooth af too
Kappy and Marner are fast but not as pretty skaters
Jason Allison omg holy f*** like i have no words he was such a f***ing slow skater and his style was so f***ing ugly it brings me to tears (not to be dramatic but)
also Lumme and Aki Berg
and Tie Domi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad