Best and Worst Skaters in Leafs history ....

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Best and worst skaters in Leafs History to present .....

here’s a reprieve of some downer Posts including my own for a bit of fun ..

Marshy reminded me of how bad of a skater he was ( sorry Marshy ) but how great of a team player as well ...

it got me thinking about some really poor skaters that the leafs have had in their history and then I thought of some of the terrific skaters we’ve had as well ..

Can you think of some players that fall into each of these categories ?

here’s some of mine for now

Best

Courtnall
Marner
Rielly
Dave Keon

Worst
Marshy ( Sorry ) lol
Dave Dunn
Dave Hutchinson
Dan Maloney
Teeder Kennedy
George Armstrong

I’ll add more as I think of them

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Kappy is best of this group but Keon could do it all. Keon could turn in a phone booth like Marner and Keon could outrace you down the ice like Kappy. We have never had anyone that I have seen who could do both at a league best level except Keon. Many have him as best Leaf ever because of his skating alone.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Kappy is best of this group but Keon could do it all. Keon could turn in a phone booth like Marner and Keon could outrace you down the ice like Kappy. We have never had anyone that I have seen who could do both at a league best level except Keon. Many have him as best Leaf ever because of his skating alone.
I certainly cannot disagree
Teeder wasn’t a great skater at all , but man could he compete and was a winner and a leader
Our sons namesake
Keon Kennedy Leaf then last name ...

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Worst in the history of the Leafs organization by far was Val James. Not even close.
Val James Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

I recall him getting a standing o for scoring in warmup in the old St Catharines arena.

Kudos! Very few people even know the name Val James.

I watched him playing in Moncton for the Saints. Sat there the whole game with a really PO'd look on his face. Literally never played a single shift until later in the 3rd when he gets a shoulder tap, steps on the ice and within seconds is in a scrap.

That was his whole night! LOL

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I certainly cannot disagree
Teeder wasn’t a great skater at all , but man could he compete and was a winner and a leader
Our sons namesake
Keon Kennedy Leaf then last name ...
Teeder I did not see but my dad always said he was the warrior of all Leaf hockey warriors. He supposedly could lift team with skill and make it happen whatever it took whatever the situation --- a winner. A leader extraordinaire. He always says it is what the Leafs are missing now no disrespect to Tavares.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad