Besides AHL West, What Cities Could Support a Minor League Team?

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Nashville's Assistant GM is Milwaukee's GM. I don't know about other AHL teams.
The Preds don't own Milwaukee's team. A lot of Nashville fans think that Carrie Underwood should be an A GM for Nashville since she recruited Mike Fisher!:yo:

Rockford is the same.

Those waivers still don't apply to the post of yours I quoted and bolded.

Yes it does. 14-15 they are eligible for waivers. If they played in a non north american league. same thing.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Yes it does. 14-15 they are eligible for waivers. If they played in a non north american league. same thing.

You said in post #64:
If the player is on an AHL deal, they are not Kings property, they are Monarchs property and can sign with any nhl team as long as they clear waivers.

This is factually untrue. There are no waivers needed for an AHL player to sign an NHL contract in the scenario you posted in #64. Waivers might be needed to send that player back to the AHL after signing the NHL contract, but the way you've written your example that's not included.

You essentially repeat the same thing in post #66:
If the NHL team has the rights but has not signed the player, then guess what, they need to clear waivers, as I stated. I believe the last team the player payed for has first right to claim them. This is what happened with Chris Chelios when he played for the Wolves.

You have a variety of things wrong in #66, but we will focus on the waivers issue. In no way, shape, or form does an unsigned player need to clear NHL waivers just to sign an NHL contract in the scenario you have posted. You are attempting to use 13.23 as your "proof" that they do, but as you posted some that section in post #71 it can plainly be seen that it does not apply.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
13.23 In the event a professional or former professional Player plays in a league outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season, other than on Loan from his Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that Playing Season (including Playoffs) only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via Waivers. For the balance of the Playing Season, any such Player who has been obtained via Waivers may be Traded or Loaned only after again clearing Waivers or through Waiver claim. This section shall not apply to a Player on the Reserve List or Restricted Free Agent List of an NHL Club with whom the Player is signing an NHL SPC or is party to an existing SPC with such NHL Club.

Also, section 13.4 (d) A Player 25 years old or older who plays in one or more Professional Games in the 2013-14 season will be exempt from Regular Waivers as follows:
Season Regular Waivers
13-14 Exempt
14-15 Eligible

You said in post #64:
If the player is on an AHL deal, they are not Kings property, they are Monarchs property and can sign with any nhl team as long as they clear waivers.

This is factually untrue. There are no waivers needed for an AHL player to sign an NHL contract in the scenario you posted in #64. Waivers might be needed to send that player back to the AHL after signing the NHL contract, but the way you've written your example that's not included.

You essentially repeat the same thing in post #66:
If the NHL team has the rights but has not signed the player, then guess what, they need to clear waivers, as I stated. I believe the last team the player payed for has first right to claim them. This is what happened with Chris Chelios when he played for the Wolves.

You have a variety of things wrong in #66, but we will focus on the waivers issue. In no way, shape, or form does an unsigned player need to clear NHL waivers just to sign an NHL contract in the scenario you have posted. You are attempting to use 13.23 as your "proof" that they do, but as you posted some that section in post #71 it can plainly be seen that it does not apply.

I am not sure which part of CBA 13.4 (d) you do not understand. If a player is over 25 years old and has played in one or more professional games, they have to clear waivers before going to the NHL.

So, in the CURRENT CBA, if Chris Chelios plays an AHL game for the Chicago Wolves, he has to clear waivers before he can play in the NHL. He can be claimed by any team that has more priority on the waiver wire he gets to go there instead of signing with say the Chicago Blackhawks. He could end up in Edmonton.

If Chris Chelios was playing in Europe, he would have to clear waivers before he comes back to the NHL.

If a draft pick does not sign with his NHL team and signs an AHL deal, his NHL team has his rights until the next draft and he cannot sign with another NHL team.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I am not sure which part of CBA 13.4 (d) you do not understand. If a player is over 25 years old and has played in one or more professional games, they have to clear waivers before going to the NHL.

So, in the CURRENT CBA, if Chris Chelios plays an AHL game for the Chicago Wolves, he has to clear waivers before he can play in the NHL. He can be claimed by any team that has more priority on the waiver wire he gets to go there instead of signing with say the Chicago Blackhawks. He could end up in Edmonton.

Oh my God, you could not possibly have that more wrong. :laugh:

I know you won't take my word for it so I hope someone else comes along and explains it to you, but suffice it to say you have that completely backwards. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad