Confirmed with Link: Bertuzzi traded to Boston for 2024 1st & 2025 4th

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
That would be pretty nice, but that’s about a one in a million chance of happening.

Even if Krejci and Bergeron take off they still have Ulmark, Marchand, Pastrnak, McAvoy, Lindholm as a rock solid core to build around. That still puts them in the conversation for no worse than 6th in the east. That 2024 1st is going to be a late one.

Personally, I prefer the idea of trading it to move up this year or to get a young-ish RD from someone else.

Is Ullmark for real though? His stats are Hasek level without the games played to go with it, and I don't think he is a Hasek level goalie, simply a good goalie on a team that has had everything go right this year.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ullmark is Top3 at goalies Advanced stats. (with Saros, Sorokin)

Imo, he could be the biggest impact for Bruins 2022-23 greatness, more than Bruins team summer changes itself.

I don't know much about goalies, but one finnish analyst broke Ullmark's development down pretty nicely.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Tinfoil hat theory:

Yzerman knew he wasn't worth more than his current contract and wanted to have Bert see it too so he traded him to the best team in the league to show Bert he cant hang.
tinfoil hat theory extended cut:

so bertuzzi crawls back and says yzerman, you dirty dog, you were right, i was wrong. your smart, im stupid.

I'll take that 3 mil x 7 years now.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Is Ullmark for real though? His stats are Hasek level without the games played to go with it, and I don't think he is a Hasek level goalie, simply a good goalie on a team that has had everything go right this year.

Even if Ullmark regresses he's still a very good goalie with probably the best defensive corps in the NHL ahead of him. McAvoy and Lindholm are what we are praying Seider and Edvinsson turn into.

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Double post

So last question on this, I guess: Why wouldn't Detroit pay him what he wants? Especially if it was already a good fit? Is he not a player to build around?

Honestly, I think one of the biggest factors with Yzerman moving on from Bert is that his age doesn't line up with the window of contention that Yzerman is likely looking at.

Yzerman has specifically stated that he isn't looking at Boston, Toronto, or Tampa as being the teams Detroit needs to worry about when it's time for them to contend. Detroit is in a race against Ottawa, Buffalo, and Montreal. So, as the rebuild continues along here, the window for playoff contention and then true contending status is 3+ years down the road. By that time, you're looking at a 31+ year-old Bertuzzi, and who knows what how effective of player he'll be at that time.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Best point-scorer for Bruins.

1682929225200.png

Always knew he would shine at the playoffs.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
I think had the Bruins advanced, it would have immensely benefited Bert this offseason getting a long term big money contract. This guy is made for the playoffs!

Reactions: Ulysses31

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Wings retain the record for most regular season wins while also making it out of the first round in the same season!
That's the problem and Bruins fans just like to trade away everyone, but Bert. If they want to start rebuild , maybe we finally get first overall in 2015 draft

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Last night was like a gift from the hockey gods. I was sitting in my office wondering what to do next on a Sunday night when I realized I was missing the game. Haven't watched the series but wanted to see THIS game 7. I clicked over literally at OT puck drop, watched them lose. Loved to see Bert on the ice, but loved seeing them lose even more. Perfect timing.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Happy to see Bruins lose and happy to see Bert have a huge series. Best of both worlds.

I might be the only one buy I hope Yzerman makes a pitch to bring Bert back.
Unlikely as it seems they were not anywhere close on contract talks. With Bert having a good showing with Boston it only makes it more likely some team gives him what he wants.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
And still a minus player.

He created several chances for the other team with sloppy puck management and blown defensive assignments.
Sure but that's a bigger issue than just Bert. Marchand and Bergeron had a worse +/-. The Bruins defensive system fell apart in the playoffs.

I'd take him back on the Wings but I really can't see it happening. They were nowhere near close in negotiations and as others have mentioned, this playoffs is only gonna boost value.

I don't know that the Bruins have the cap space to sign him. It'll be interesting to see where he lands.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
And still a minus player.

He created several chances for the other team with sloppy puck management and blown defensive assignments.
I agree, and Bert fans do often conveniently gloss over his often poor play on the other side of the puck, but..... his positives do outweigh his negatives, including in this playoff run, when you consider his intangibles and powerplay production.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I wonder if Bertuzzi would be interested in returning. Our captain loves him so much he cried in a presser when he got traded...

I rather have given Bert that Copp contract

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Still think his contract value is somwhere at 5.5M. Andre Burakowsky had identical production from last 2 seasons, and got 5 years 5.5M. Both had some injury history.

That's the ballpark, think only the term is a problem. Maybe the ask is high. With his injury history, no one will offer the long deal.

Yzerman can wait until the last minute, to offer his 4-year deal and that's still the best offer.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I would love to bring Bert back. He has his taste of the playoffs now but I assumed the trade indicated his agent and Yzerman were at an impasse regarding money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad