GDT: Bergevin, Molson and Therrien meet the media at 4 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
I LOLed so hard at Bergevin's confused facial expression when a reporter mentioned UFAs like Darche that he may consider.

Myron Gaines*

Michel Langevin basically asks if we're ready to have a bad season 'cause we didn't replace all our key players:dunce::deadhorse

CrazyShea

Mar 16, 2006
The Rock
What was the question Therrien answered with "Not at all" or something and made people laugh? I missed it. I'm sure its not that funny but I'm curious.

They asked if he thought having new coaches and a new system without having 10-15 games to get use to it in a shortened season where games are more important puts them at a disadvantage.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
How does Tony Marinaro get his own radio show about ranting on sports he doesnt know a thing about and where to watch u-10 soccer in the local Montreal area?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
molson just said he would love to cater all the fans who fill the bell center every night for a way to "apologize" but said that there are many MORe who cant go to the bell center too, so they are thinking of ways to accomodate ALL the fans with a special something

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
What I got out of it:

Bergevin focused on signing Subban before camp because of A. how behind he will be regarding Therrien's system and B. the drama that would ensue.

Bergevin not going to add anything else. Habs management will evaluate Galchenyuk together, including coaching staff. Gally will make the Habs if they believe he can A. contribute enough in the NHL and B. if it will benefit Galchenyuk and not hinder him. Thus, its all up to Galchenyuk to show he is both NHL ready and mature enough to deal with ups and downs of the NHL.

Therrien stressed same things he did before lockout. Basically, that the Habs will focus on being hard on the puck (probably both forecheck and backcheck) and that they will not just sit back and trap. I like this idea, but the only problem I have with it is how many injuries will probably occur. We dont have THAT much depth. Third and fourth lines will be pivotal to the success of the team.

Therrien also said that because every team has same time frame to prepare team there are no excuses. He stated that the team will be ready for the first game.

Molson stated that he was satisfied with the outcome of the lockout and that the loss of hockey was so huge because its so intertwined with the culture of Montreal.

Molson said he thought Bettman "did as best as he could given he had to satisfy big markets, medium markets and small markets."

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
molson just said he would love to cater all the fans who fill the bell center every night for a way to "apologize" but said that there are many MORe who cant go to the bell center too, so they are thinking of ways to accomodate ALL the fans with a special something

Buying out Gomez contract and promising never to do something that stupid again is a start :)

PunkinDrublic*

Am i the only one here that is so sick and tired of the Gomez bashing and the same old jokes being used over and over ? Be original atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad