GDT: Bergevin, Molson and Therrien meet the media at 4 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geester76

Mar 16, 2007
What I got out of it:

Bergevin focused on signing Subban before camp because of A. how behind he will be regarding Therrien's system and B. the drama that would ensue.

Bergevin not going to add anything else. Habs management will evaluate Galchenyuk together, including coaching staff. Gally will make the Habs if they believe he can A. contribute enough in the NHL and B. if it will benefit Galchenyuk and not hinder him. Thus, its all up to Galchenyuk to show he is both NHL ready and mature enough to deal with ups and downs of the NHL.

Therrien stressed same things he did before lockout. Basically, that the Habs will focus on being hard on the puck (probably both forecheck and backcheck) and that they will not just sit back and trap. I like this idea, but the only problem I have with it is how many injuries will probably occur. We dont have THAT much depth. Third and fourth lines will be pivotal to the success of the team.

Therrien also said that because every team has same time frame to prepare team there are no excuses. He stated that the team will be ready for the first game.

Molson stated that he was satisfied with the outcome of the lockout and that the loss of hockey was so huge because its so intertwined with the culture of Montreal.

Molson said he thought Bettman "did as best as he could given he had to satisfy big markets, medium markets and small markets."

What a pointless press conference !!! Habs management didn't give us any answers.
Bergevin could not answer questions about contracts because he didn't read the new CBA, Ok fine so why not wait 2 more days before doing the press conference. Molson don't want to tell what he will do to thanks the fan:shakehead He should start by abolishing the fees they are charging to fans who are on the waiting list to have season tickets that would be a good way to thank loyalty. People are waiting 10 years to have those. Therrien saying about his system that he want to play tough:help: Good system. :sarcasm:

Geester76

Mar 16, 2007
Am i the only one here that is so sick and tired of the Gomez bashing and the same old jokes being used over and over ? Be original atleast.

My brain is use at skipping players bashing post. Maybe we should start an original bashing contest.:handclap:

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
What a pointless press conference !!! Habs management didn't give us any answers.
Bergevin could not answer questions about contracts because he didn't read the new CBA, Ok fine so why not wait 2 more days before doing the press conference. Molson don't want to tell what he will do to thanks the fan:shakehead He should start by abolishing the fees they are charging to fans who are on the waiting list to have season tickets that would be a good way to thank loyalty. People are waiting 10 years to have those. Therrien saying about his system that he want to play tough:help: Good system. :sarcasm:

I could have predicted that.

The PC is mostly to get in front of the media instead of having 40 interviews with the same questions...get the heat out of the way("fans" questions) and move on.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006

They charge a fee to be on the waiting list?

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Tony Marinaro ‏@TonyMarinaro

Michel Therrien just told me if Alex Galchenyuk or any 18yr old cracks his lineup there will be a plan in place so player doesnt live alone

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Tony Marinaro ‏@TonyMarinaro

Michel Therrien just told me if Alex Galchenyuk or any 18yr old cracks his lineup there will be a plan in place so player doesnt live alone

Excellent move.

Will this also apply to 19 and 20 year-olds?

Geester76

Mar 16, 2007
They charge a fee to be on the waiting list?

They say it is an account on your future season tickets but if for any reason one year you don't pay the account fee you are out he list and they don't reimburse previous account you did up to to that day. So you can pay for 10 years and never have season tickets if you move somewhere else say L.A. and you want to be out of the list you won't be reimburse.:shakehead

Geester76

Mar 16, 2007
I could have predicted that.

The PC is mostly to get in front of the media instead of having 40 interviews with the same questions...get the heat out of the way("fans" questions) and move on.

I read the start of the thread and I saw that of lot of posters like you already knew it. ;) You guys seems to be use of pointless PC. :laugh:

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
They say it is an account on your future season tickets but if for any reason one year you don't pay the account fee you are out he list and they don't reimburse previous account you did up to to that day. So you can pay for 10 years and never have season tickets if you move somewhere else say L.A. and you want to be out of the list you won't be reimburse.:shakehead

Wow. That's pathetic.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
What will they do? Get a hooker to move in with him?
tumblr_m61ojbszcy1rnyqf4o1_500.jpg

Serious note: Woulden't be surprised if he moved in with Josh Gorges. Seems like the kind of thing Gorges would accept doing. In fact, IIRC, he did it with Gallagher recently.

After all, we all know that Gorges is a great leader ever since his days as Captain of the Kelowna Rockets :sarcasm:

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Brisebois has the big brother coach role doesn't he? I wonder if he could take Galchy in.

If Brisebois is the "big brother coach" don t you think he would be on the road a lot visiting our prospects outside of Montreal? Wouldn't it be best to have someone at home in Montreal to watch over him?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Now that the presser is over, I think we can take the various discussions (Galchenyuk, Gomez, tickets) to their appropriate threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad