Confirmed with Link: Bergevin meeting with the media at 5:30 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
My biggest fear is that if MB decides to not do a Subban trade and has zero alternatives.

It has happened with him before "we tried to get the player" but has not thought about other possibilities when he couldn't get the player.

We know that the Habs as they stand now need a top 6 guy badly. And not some scrub like Okposo. And even with Subban we need to reinforce the D squad.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Wow you guys are still going with your made up fantasies?

MB when answering if it is realistic that PK Subban will be traded

"No"

Pretty clear to me.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
And of course he is, and if they are going to move him now is the time. Coming off a not so great season, pre NMC, only a few years out from a Norris. We need scoring and he's our best asset to aquire some high end talent. WTF would MB not consider offers?

Been in a while since PK has been a scorer.

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
MB and MT wish they could move PK, Molson and majority of the fanbase is what's stopping it.

If Molson would be adamant in not trading PK, there'd be 0 rumours. He's already ok with it, as long as the return makes the team better. Don't forget the return might be received in separate deals with the added cap space it would create. The fanbase has 0 influence, there's a reason they have a PR dept.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
That's you! Hockey players are conservative by nature, not all but most, it's a fact and when you have a guy with a bigger than life personality like PK trying to blend in, well it creates friction. Dont think for a second that PK doesn't know this, but he's always walked to the beat of his own drum, he's been successful doing so, on a personal level, so how can we blame him? However in a team concept, it doesn't work, there has to be some compromise. Like is usually the case in these situations, there's always blame to go around, it's not one-sided. But we love PK and hate MB, so it must be all MBs fault.

I think there's an awful lot of speculation and repetition of unsubstantiated rumours there. Do you have an iota of evidence that PK is unpopular? Or at least unliked to the point where it affects the play of the team? I personally don't buy it.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think there's an awful lot of speculation and repetition of unsubstantiated rumours there. Do you have an iota of evidence that PK is unpopular? Or at least unliked to the point where it affects the play of the team? I personally don't buy it.

That's the biggest problem for me and that's why it's disappointing to see management feed more fuel to these ridiculous rumors, instead of killing them.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
That's the biggest problem for me and that's why it's disappointing to see management feed more fuel to these ridiculous rumors, instead of killing them.

And MB could have come out today and stopped the rumours. Internally you still have discussion even if you say that to the media. But he didn't... Which makes me think he is using the media to drive up the price. Talked about Subban the same way at the end of the year presser

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Yes I do, but how do I prove it? I really can't. But honestly, if you decipher interviews of former teammates, it's pretty evident. Just recently Hal Gill was asked about PK and he didn't say anything bad about him, but he wasn't very complimentary either. Gionta spoke in the same way. I often see PK, won't say where, but he's always alone, never seen him with a teammate.

Again that's ok, for people like you and I, for a hockey player, it's a little odd, is all...just saying.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
MB and MT wish they could move PK, Molson and majority of the fanbase is what's stopping it.

MB won't move PK because he is a risk-averse GM, it's that simple.

Pretty easy to make a trade that look good on paper for both team, but when you trade high caliber players, there is always a winner and a loser at the end of the day. Bergevin know that and he won't risk losing that kind of trade, he doesn't care about winning he care about not losing.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Is this a joke?

Ahhhh ya. The poster I quoted was praising Chia for how well he kept the Seguin situation quiet. That worked out real well for Boston. Kept the fact that Seguin was on the market quiet and pulled off one of the worst deals ever. We need a guy like that, that will say PK is untouchable then trade him for a bag of pucks. Thats our guy.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
How about some older quotes for y'all

"am I trying to move PK Subban, No"

"PK Subban is a big part of this team... PK Subban is an elite defensemen"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4xGjqEclQ

But MB is for sure going to trade Subban, read between the lines right? He never says anything good about Subban right?

Do you guys listen to what he says or make these things up in your heads?

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

They won't kill the rumours because they're actually entertaining the idea of trading him, they're just spinning it like they're just listening. They'll need a great return, but don't be fooled, they're all-in on this.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
And MB could have come out today and stopped the rumours. Internally you still have discussion even if you say that to the media. But he didn't... Which makes me think he is using the media to drive up the price. Talked about Subban the same way at the end of the year presser

Drive the price up?..We're talking about Subban here, signed for years...the price will be huge. I don't think he needs to go on this ''selling campaign''.

You're giving him too much credit. Bergevin is just terrible at news conference, and they've been this way towards PK from the start. Never giving him his full credit, portraying him as a difficult teammate.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
They won't kill the rumours because they're actually entertaining the idea of trading him, they're just spinning it like they're just listening. They'll need a great return, but don't be fooled, they're all-in on this.

And?..

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Drive the price up?..We're talking about Subban here, signed for years...the price will be huge. I don't think he needs to go on this ''selling campaign''.

You're giving him too much credit. Bergevin is just terrible at news conference, and they've been this way towards PK from the start. Never giving him his full credit, portraying him as a difficult teammate.

"PK Subban is a big part of this team... PK Subban is an elite defensemen"

Words right out of MB's mouth. Seems to contradict what you made up. MB's real words seem to differ from what you think he said.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Ahhhh ya. The poster I quoted was praising Chia for how well he kept the Seguin situation quiet. That worked out real well for Boston. Kept the fact that Seguin was on the market quiet and pulled off one of the worst deals ever. We need a guy like that, that will say PK is untouchable then trade him for a bag of pucks. Thats our guy.

I got you my friend , seems that not everybody is on the board))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad