Confirmed with Link: Bergevin meeting with the media at 5:30 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Their core consists of a 1st overall pick, a 3rd overall pick and a lucky 2nd round pick.

If his plan consists of tanking hard for a couple of years, then i'll accept the "look at what Chicago did"

Ours is a 5th overall, all-star goalie, then two guys who would go top 5 if we re-draft 2007 and then another top 3 in 2012.

Now, don't get me wrong. That was all before Bergevin came in.

I do find it infuriating that he says 'build through the draft' without ever acquiring anything significant in terms of draft picks.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He's such a smug , self-centered guy, he'll declare defeat even before the draft. He has zero creativity and vision for this club, so why would he make a trade if all is perfect in Habland?

Nothing but a coward. Excuse after excuse will be part of his legacy. I dislike him more than the Goat which is hard to fathom....

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007

Of course he's a number 1 defenseman, so if they trade him away it will remind me of the mid 90s when they dismantled a contender and sent our two best D away in Desjardin and Schneider. Really did well for the team as they haven't been contenders since. Molson is a bigger idiot than I thought if he lets Bergevin and Therrien get rid of Subban. If I'm Price I am done for the Habs on my current contract once it's up if management is so obtuse.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
If Bergevin trades PK without getting back a damn haul, I'm done with this team so long as he remains the GM. Putting up with Therrien's incompetency has been bad enough, but to trade PK... it shows Montreal will go absolutely nowhere.

The problem I think is that he's just too valuable to us if we plan on winning the cup anytime soon. Let's take Peg as a potential trade partner. It would take something like Trouba and Ehlers for this trade to be even and even then it would be a lateral move and not a progressive move. I doubt Peg would do this either. Now if we're rebuilding, something like Trouba and the 2nd plus would work but that means we're wasting Price.

I have a hard time believing a trade will happen, especially when you factor in the huge contract.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Are you really expecting a trade? He will calm things down. There were just too many rumors and he will say publicly that Subban is off the market and is part of the core he's building around

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The problem I think is that he's just too valuable to us if we plan on winning the cup anytime soon. Let's take Peg as a potential trade partner. It would take something like Trouba and Ehlers for this trade to be even and even then it would be a lateral move and not a progressive move. I doubt Peg would do this either. Now if we're rebuilding, something like Trouba and the 2nd plus would work but that means we're wasting Price.

I have a hard time believing a trade will happen, especially when you factor in the huge contract.

A true #1 D....no one to take that title

googlymoogly

Oct 27, 2007
If Bergevin trades PK without getting back a damn haul, I'm done with this team so long as he remains the GM. Putting up with Therrien's incompetency has been bad enough, but to trade PK... it shows Montreal will go absolutely nowhere.
I watch maybe 10 games from January on this year. I was sick of watching Therrien hockey, trade away Subban and they lost me as a fan. I am now wasting my life like a Leaf fan waiting 50+ years to win a Cup.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Okay let say PK is traded....with Michel Therrien. Do you do it? :naughty:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Subban + Beaulieu+ Plekanec for Duchene, Barrie +10A and Rantanen?

It's basically the only way I would trade PK.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Oh, I agree. Trading Subban would be absurd no matter how you approach it. But it'd be somewhat salvageable if we got back a big enough haul. The rumors right now don't insinuate we will. And that's what I find slightly unnerving.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
“But, I mean, they’re not playing tiddlywinks on these calls either. These are serious calls, and they’re entertaining offers on P.K. Subban.”
-Bob McKenzie

Dregs and I talked. Yeah, I’m well aware the fact that the Vancouver Canucks and the Edmonton Oilers, amongst others, have called the Montreal Canadiens, on P.K. Subban.

“It’s probably a lot more difficult for Vancouver to pull that deal, than it would be for Edmonton. I think there would be a lot more moving parts. It would get a lot more complicated.

“And obviously, part of what Montreal is doing here – and again, I’m not suggesting for a moment that part of the reason that they might entertain trading P.K. Subban is because they want to get the 4 or 5 pick in the draft. I mean, that’s not enough justification to trade a player like P.K. Subban. But if that could be part and parcel of what it is that they want to do, then absolutely, that plays into it as well.”-Bob McKenzie

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
It's a lot for Vancouver because....THEY HAVE NOBODY WE WANT!!!! So the call should have been something like...."Well Jim, sure, PK is avaiable, now get your hands on Ekman-Larsson, Kyle Connor and Matt Duchene, and we'll talk".

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Makes good rumor conversation but I doubt Subban is traded. Would be shocked if it happened and would validate how inept the GM is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad