Dreger: Bergevin and Botterill in trade discussions?

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Jason Botterill was interviewed just a few days ago and SAID HE IS TAKING CALLS, NOT MAKING THEM ON ROR. What don't you understand...……..

We don't have to move him. There is no cap crunch here in Buffalo. He isn't a pending UFA. There is literally no reason to move ROR short of a QUALITY OFFER that Botterill would accept, which IS NOT QUANTITY FOR QUALITY, BUT QUALITY FOR QUALITY.

My lord, once again, Botterill isn't calling your GM, he is taking a call FROM your GM.
This just in

GMs lie

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
3rd overall to Isles for two firsts.

Then...

11th pick + 2nd round pick for ROR.

:snide:
lol, those 2nd round picks won't get you anywhere. Botterill has already expressed what he's wanted. Either high end, NHL or near NHL ready draft pick or Richards package.
It comes down to this honestly, Botterill is in the drivers seat, and no GM is going to sway that. ROR is 5 years in his prime a very valuable center given his skill sets. It'll take one hell of an offer asset wise to convince Botterill to move him. Quantity and a boat load of draft picks that are crap shoots don't get it done.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
This just in

GMs lie
This just in, many don't believe for one second Botterill is lying. He won't move ROR unless he gets WHAT HE WANTS. Very simple, he DOESN'T HAVE TO MOVE ROR.

So, the incentive needs to move Botterill to trade ROR. 2nd round picks and quantity offers aren't even stirring his bowels to be honest. Botterill knows full well the position he's in. He helped build the Pittsburg Penguins, he's by no means a rookie at this.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Jason Botterill was interviewed just a few days ago and SAID HE IS TAKING CALLS, NOT MAKING THEM ON ROR. What don't you understand...……..

We don't have to move him. There is no cap crunch here in Buffalo. He isn't a pending UFA. There is literally no reason to move ROR short of a QUALITY OFFER that Botterill would accept, which IS NOT QUANTITY FOR QUALITY, BUT QUALITY FOR QUALITY.

My lord, once again, Botterill isn't calling your GM, he is taking a call FROM your GM.

These are the posts I like to look back at when or if a trade happens, to chuckle at. Whether you are right or wrong, its always funny to look back at how you react to things.

Reactions: Yatzhee

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
These are the posts I like to look back at when or if a trade happens, to chuckle at. Whether you are right or wrong, its always funny to look back at how you react to things.
Perfect, because while I sit here in the sun, soaking down a beer playing frisbee with my pooch, I love to dramatize to fire up the crowd. It's what I do ;)

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
This just in, many don't believe for one second Botterill is lying. He won't move ROR unless he gets WHAT HE WANTS. Very simple, he DOESN'T HAVE TO MOVE ROR.

So, the incentive needs to move Botterill to trade ROR. 2nd round picks and quantity offers aren't even stirring his bowels to be honest. Botterill knows full well the position he's in. He helped build the Pittsburg Penguins, he's by no means a rookie at this.
He's not a rookie, a rookie would probably tell the truth at all times which isn't how you prop up value. Sabres want to make an attitude change, ROR is possibly one of those people in the mix associated with that change and there's an incentive to do something before his next bonus is paid out.

Our GM said he wasn't shopping Subban which we know was BS, last week he said he expect Pacs back next season, again BS
Any GM comes out stinking of desperation is an idiot, ask Dorion

Jan 21, 2018

You're getting mad at people for offering 2nd round picks yet you're asking for 3rd overall. Obviously the return is somewhere in the middle but your logic is terrible.

Do you actually think there is a GM who is making trades where he doesnt get WHAT HE WANTS?

Are GM's held at gunpoint that make them trade away players, or is it just Botts that DOESN'T HAVE TO MOVE players on his team?

Your garbage logic is the same reason why Tanev is wasting away on the canucks. Nucks homers saying Benning doesn't have to trade Tanev unless he gets WHAT HE WANTS? That Benning DOESN'T HAVE TO MOVE him. Now he's barely worth a 1st.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
You're getting mad at people for offering 2nd round picks yet you're asking for 3rd overall. Obviously the return is somewhere in the middle but your logic is terrible.

Do you actually think there is a GM who is making trades where he doesnt get WHAT HE WANTS?

Are GM's held at gunpoint that make them trade away players, or is it just Botts that DOESN'T HAVE TO MOVE players on his team?

Your garbage logic is the same reason why Tanev is wasting away on the canucks. Nucks homers saying Benning doesn't have to trade Tanev unless he gets WHAT HE WANTS? That Benning DOESN'T HAVE TO MOVE him. Now he's barely worth a 1st.
I'm not getting angry or mad at all. I use caps to emphasis, or the statement to standout so those I am conversing with to digest the relativeness of the information.

Your garbage statement is just that, garbage. If you can't handle the opinion, move past it.

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
If Bergevin gives up the 3rd for a second liner, I'm done as aHabs fan. Done. ROR is worth a 8-12th pick and a decent prospect, think Josh brook from the Habs. Top 5 picks aren't traded for second liners, ever.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

punkr0x

Jul 2, 2009
If Bergevin gives up the 3rd for a second liner, I'm done as aHabs fan. Done. ROR is worth a 8-12th pick and a decent prospect, think Josh brook from the Habs. Top 5 picks aren't traded for second liners, ever.

Technically wouldnt RoR be your 1st line center though?

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I can easily see Max Pacioretty + 2018 2nd + Lindgren . Buf would jump at that.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
This post I sort of agree with, but MTL's path forward is anything but clear with the moves they have made. IMO, next year is the year when you draft a C. 2019 will have a ton of them. This is the year when you take the BPA.
This is what i hope the Habs do.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
If Botterill takes Buffalo's biggest trade chip and turns it into a 30yr old Max Pacioretty and a coupe 2nds, I will lose faith in him faster than I did with Tim Murray...

If Buffalo trades ROR, it has to be a win for them.

Even more so if you are trading ROR to a direct division rival, with a head coach who runs a system absolutely perfect for ROR.

Tell me where Claude Julien is going to find an available center that plays a style closer to Patrice Bergeron than ROR...

ROR is exactly the type of center Julien needs for his system to function properly. Why in the world would you help out a division rival unless the offer was too good to refuse?

Please don't screw this up Botterill. I want to feel like Buffalo has a good, competent GM for once.

It's hard to know what to expect. I thought the Scandella trade was fantastic. And the Kane trade was 'meh' at best (but it was supposedly his only offer, so I'd like to give him the briefing of the doubt).
So Botterill's next big trade will be quite filling in my eyes.

Reactions: Yatzhee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad