Post-Game Talk: Bergeron wins Game 3, 2-1 in 2OT, B's up 3-0 in ECF

Kearns

Too good to be true, no?
Jun 7, 2008
Kamloops, BC
Hey - "Old time" Nucks fans are just fine in my book. This new generation, not so much. Stan Smyl and Trevor Linden must cringe watching some of the new generation of Nucks and their antics. I'd go back to those old Nucks uni's, too. Not the tootsie pop uniform Cam wore, the Bure Linden era.

We love our team, too. Especially today.

Fair point. Kurtenbach and Boudrias probably cringe, and maybe Cheevers and Park do too (but definitely not recently).

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
There was a hook before the hook, then Jagr was slashed

I believe that's what he was referring to with the "generous standard" bit. Really nothing to be offended by there. It was a hook, but based on what they already established was an ever growing looser standard, it wasn't called. He's saying that using the standard from the beginning of the game, or the average game, ignoring circumstance (as theoretically should be the case) that's a penalty, which is true. And for Pens fans that's the "One non-call" that will be remembered, to me its a condemnation of the "let them play" philosophy, nothing more.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
I kind of expect Vokoun to implode ... just a gut feeling.

I think he'll be OK, none of the goals are his fault. Nothing you can do when the puck is deflected.

It's been the D that has been a sore thumb for them.

They had so many chances to win last night, including 5 posts and over 50 SOG.

2 goals in 3 games will not win you any games.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
So what's the feeling about Game 4?

Can the Bruins close it out?

What kind of effort will the Penguins bring?

I really have no idea.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
So what's the feeling about Game 4?

Can the Bruins close it out?

What kind of effort will the Penguins bring?

I really have no idea.
I hope the pens feel like its over, I hope the pens don't want to delay what they think is inevitable.

I hope they come out in Friday and go through the motions in fear of winning Friday only to lose at home.

That's what I hope. How I feel? Very different

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Really want to close this out tomorrow. If we don't then we have to go back to Pitt and it makes me a little nervous.
I'm not going too lie, I totally agree with this post.

This teams #1 goal should be to do anything they can to win the game tomorrow. I hope Claude coaches it like it's a game 7.

You know the Penguins will come out well and will take chances tomorrow, they have nothing to lose at this point. Play our game, be sound defensively and pounce on the risks the Penguins will take, turn them into odd man rushes, get traffic and get into Vokoun's melon.

Ending it means rest, while the Kings and Hawks beat each other up. Losing means having to go back to Pittsburgh, where yes we have already won 2 games but winning 3? I dunno. All of sudden the pressure and the whispers begin.

I know I'm being negative. I can't help it. 2010 has left a scar that will never go away.

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
Different teams and whatnot but in Game 4 against the Rangers.. they looked completely lifeless and listliss until Tuukka gave up that weird goal. After that they were like "hey! maybe we can win this"

And they did.

As long as mistakes are minimized (and hopefully if the Bruins score first) I think the Penguins more or less give up.

The effort they gave, all the opportunities they had.. Vokoun playing well.. outplaying the Bruins and they still lost? I have to imagine they aren't gonna be thrilled about putting in max effort in game 4.

But hopefully the Bruins don't think the way I do and they go out like it's game 7

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I didn't post when I got home (early this morning)because I knew I would stay and read the whole GDT once I started and I had to get up early

Poor Soupy Could you hear the Garden chant for him ?

I am exhausted

I LOVE Bergy !!!

I HATE HATE HATE cooke What a fkn looser

The Pens played better and I really hope the B's can win tomorrow.

There was a Pens fan next to me . I kind of felt bad for him. he seemed like a good kid and doesn't like cooke either.

Did they show PK Axe ???

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Whats funny is I went to Fred Murtz page on YT and saw it was suggested I Subscribe to our old friend who shall remain nameless and he continues to make videos about the bruins. :laugh:

2 years

still bitter.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
During a break in play Inginla was standing right in front of me. I yelled"Hey Iginla, thanks for not coming to Boston. I would MUCH rather have Matt Bartkowski". He heard me. I really believe we are better off that deal fell through.

I yelled many things at cooke too. Quaider looked like he wanted to beat the crap out of cooke.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
tumblr_mnyftl4q3w1ssznepo1_400.gif

This made me smile last night and makes me smile now.

I love watching them . They look like little happy kids ;).

I hope we see this tomorrow :yo:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Haven't seen a clip of that yet today; but that was awesome. I think Cooke wants no part of him or McQuaid. Both have asked several times since the game one hit.

From the looks on Adam's face last night he wants to go at cooke but is trying to hold back . I have feeling it is only a matter of time before Quaider lets that ass cooke have it. :naughty:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Campbell - heart of a warrior. What a shift

Boychuk - I can't check while on my phone, but I'm pretty sure he leads the team in blocked shots. He had two huge Superman type dives for blocks back to back on the same shift. It's awesome to see these guys give it their all and lay it all on the line.

I just saw an interview with Johnny B...They asked about Soupy...they said "I bet most players would have stayed down if they had that injury "..Johnny said "maybe...but not on this team" and gave them a big smile :D

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
During a break in play Inginla was standing right in front of me. I yelled"Hey Inginla, thanks for not coming to Boston. I would MUCH rather have Matt Bartkowski". He heard me. I really believe we are better off that that deal fell through.

I yelled many things at cooke too. Quaider looked like he wanted to beat the crap out of cooke.

I wouldn't be to rough on Iginla. He's paid his dues. He just wants to win a Cup. And at the time of his decision there was no doubt which way to go.

You may have had a bad angle to see it, but Lucic pulling Cooke out of a scrum and then pushing his head into the ice and the boards was a true delight.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Hey Everyone,

I'm a newcomer to the boards. Been lurking for a day or so before joining. I have to say, I never thought I'd see the B's be up against the Pens 3-0 this decade. But it's funny, because now that they are, I can't see them letting off the gas at all. They're a team that seems to be pretty motivated by adversity, and the fire was stoked even more with last night's Soupy injury. Plus, I know they played almost 2 full hockey games last night, but the Pens' post-game interviews were pretty unemotional and detached; like they're already conceding defeat. Vroom vroom!

Welcome :)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm not going too lie, I totally agree with this post.

This teams #1 goal should be to do anything they can to win the game tomorrow. I hope Claude coaches it like it's a game 7.

You know the Penguins will come out well and will take chances tomorrow, they have nothing to lose at this point. Play our game, be sound defensively and pounce on the risks the Penguins will take, turn them into odd man rushes, get traffic and get into Vokoun's melon.

Ending it means rest, while the Kings and Hawks beat each other up. Losing means having to go back to Pittsburgh, where yes we have already won 2 games but winning 3? I dunno. All of sudden the pressure and the whispers begin.

I know I'm being negative. I can't help it. 2010 has left a scar that will never go away.

I think the slippery slope that is blowing a 3-0 series lead seems much more obvious when you don't have home ice advantage in the series and the threat seems more imminent sooner.

When it was against Philadelphia and you lose game 4, it's kind of one of those situations where you're like, "Well, it was a road game and it's not that big of a deal because we have game 5 at home." Game 5 at home should be a huge advantage and the best opportunity to close the series out, so complacency could set in. Game 6 there's a lot of pressure, but you still have the "safety net" of having game 7 at home.

If something were to happen this series past game 4 (which is an unbelievable opportunity to close things out at home), game 5 is a road game right off the bat, where the opposing team has a good chance to build some momentum. Game 6 is at home, true, but you're feeling that pressure of a looming game 7 on top of having to do it at home in front of a nervous crowd (if something goes wrong in game 6 early, all the energy could be sucked out of the building pretty quickly). Game 7 on the road would just be a nightmare.

With the Bruins already being in this situation, they know the task at hand though. I just don't know how they'll react to the change in venues in different games if something goes wrong.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I wouldn't be to rough on Iginla. He's paid his dues. He just wants to win a Cup. And at the time of his decision there was no doubt which way to go.

You may have had a bad angle to see it, but Lucic pulling Cooke out of a scrum and then pushing his head into the ice and the boards was a true delight.

I don't dislike Iginla. I do think it is better he didn't come here. The B's would have given up too much for him.

I love Looch. It looked like he was sitting on cooke. :laugh:

The folks near the p box were really giving it to cooke :yo:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I don't dislike Iginla. I do think it is better he didn't come here. The B's would have given up too much for him.

I love Looch. It looked like he was sitting on cooke. :laugh:

The folks near the p box were really giving it to cooke :yo:

But you couldn't resist giving him a little jab.

You're a true Boston fan!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad