Bergeron broken foot

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Sounds like a small crack/stress fracture.

I had a stress fracture in college from martial arts training. It didn't show up on x rays for a few days. It hurt like hell and I couldn't walk on it. I was even offered a walking boot. 4-6 weeks was the projected recovery time for my stress fracture. Took me 6 weeks. :(

If it is a stress fracture, I would guess 3-4 weeks for him. I hope he heals fast. It's always fun to watch him play.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I personally had Couturier as front runner for Selke but Bergeron would have won on reputation. Looks like Couturier is about to win his 1st of many

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Bruins obviously shook af playing the Leafs first round, playing star player through an injury against Buffalo just for the hope of that home ice.

The juggernaut that hasn't won a playoffs series since the dead puck era. Makes sense... :sarcasm:

Reactions: Thrive

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
To me it was cringe worthy to see someone say that an entire fan base is happy that a player got hurt. Morally bankrupt and awful karma too.

Bones heal fully in 6 weeks (I have broken enough myself to know that well). Though if it's a hairline crack it's not that bad (but still, it's 6 weeks).
My guess is that he will be back for round 1 of the playoffs.

I speak from experience (not the same with everyone) I had a hairline fracture when in my 30's it healed in 6 weeks but it affected me into my fifties, it still does on cold days sometimes. Not saying it will happen to him.
The first step out of bed in the morning was a killer all from a hairline crack. Hope he gets better!

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Meh. I'd rather play a team at full strength and take a shot at beating them. Never really wish ill on a player, regardless of who he plays for.
So when the Leafs clinched their playoff spot last season against Pittsburgh in both teams 81st game of the season, the Penguins had already clinched 2nd place in the Metropolitan Division and the only regular players they dressed was Crosby and Kessel, you rather see them dress their full roster? I know earlier I said I don't like it when players get injured, however if a team chooses to make them healthy scratches in a game where they have nothing to play for and it makes it easier for the other team to win, that's something I won't object against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad