Rumor: Benoit Brunet : Dale Tallon in MTL oct 26th

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
can we please be a little realistic here? which team...if you were looking for a trade would you trade for a 5'6 140lbs center with 1 point in 11 games while playing 17 minutes a game and has 4 years at $3.5 million per season left on his contract? Seriously people. There is NO team out there that wants Desharnais. Maybe Carolina but they already have a Tyler Anis.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
can we please be a little realistic here? which team...if you were looking for a trade would you trade for a 5'6 140lbs center with 1 point in 11 games while playing 17 minutes a game and has 4 years at $3.5 million per season left on his contract? Seriously people. There is NO team out there that wants Desharnais. Maybe Carolina but they already have a Tyler Anis.

Yeah I think it would take MB having some serious blackmail pics of Tallon or other GMs to move DD in his current state

Maybe in a change of scenery cap dump exchange but Desharnais would clear waivers on his way back to the ECHL

Habsoil

Mar 24, 2012
Fort mac

Unfortunately you are correct , it will take a miracle to ditch the midge

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I wonder how legit this is...Bergevin meeting with Florida GM (I hope it is 'cause DD is not making Bergevin look too smart right now and Bergevin has to repair the damage by getting rid of DD since all our younger players and hard workers could/should easily be thinking ''why is this midget getting a free pass every game and making 3.5mil while doing nothing??? because he's french-Quebecois?? well...**** that'').

DD for Kopecky? (I'll take it).

DD for Versteeg? (I'll take it).

DD+Beaulieu FOR Gudbranson+2nd Rnd Pick (yup!).

DD+Budaj+5th Rnd Pick FOR Thomas (as backup to Price) + Kopecky (or Versteeg).

*Murray/*Bouillon - PK Subban
Markov - Gudbranson
Gorges - Diaz
Emelin (injured)
Tinordi (21min./game in AHL...call him up after approx.40 games)

*: Murray for 8-12min./game and Bouillon for 10-14min./game rotating with PK Subban and Gorges/Diaz,etc (depending on chemistry with Subban).

Last edited:

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
I wonder how legit this is...Bergevin meeting with Florida GM (I hope it is 'cause DD is not making Bergevin look too smart right now and Bergevin has to repair the damage by getting rid of DD since all our younger players and hard workers could/should easily be thinking ''why is this midget getting a free pass every game and making 3.5mil while doing nothing??? because he's french-Quebecois?? well...**** that'').

DD for Kopecky? (I'll take it).

DD for Versteeg? (I'll take it).

DD+Beaulieu FOR Gudbranson+2nd Rnd Pick (yup!).

DD+Budaj+5th Rnd Pick FOR Thomas (as backup to Price) + Kopecky (or Versteeg).

*Murray/*Bouillon - PK Subban
Markov - Gudbranson
Gorges - Diaz
Emelin (injured)
Tinordi (21min./game in AHL...call him up after approx.40 games)

*: Murray for 8-12min./game and Bouillon for 10-14min./game rotating with PK Subban and Gorges/Diaz,etc (depending on chemistry with Subban).

I like Thomas but he's no back up. Budaj is a great back up. I love Gunbranson's potential and I would do that one trade. I wouldn't take Versteeg str8 up for DD or Kopecky, I would prefer a package.

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB

First Gomez, now Desharnais. It seems all the Habs ever do is try to unload small centres with bad contracts. :shakehead

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007

Bob Hartley was a huge Desharnais fan as an analyst. Maybe if Calgary lose one of its center and if the Habs retain a part of his salary, he could be moved.

Another option is if Guy Boucher gets a new job in the NHL.

But on the short term, we're stuck with him. The best we can do is hope for him to find his touch again and becomes a valuable player for us.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
First Gomez, now Desharnais. It seems all the Habs ever do is try to unload small centres with bad contracts. :shakehead

DD is not small...he is a midget for NHL height standards!! (let's be honest). You should not be 5'5 - 5'6 and SLOW (or have average speed) when you're that short/small in the NHL:shakehead.

Hopefully DD is the last one (VERY small Habs' center) for a long, long, long time!!(if not, we're not seeing Cup 25th anytime soon if our GM keeps making these mistakes).

Bergevin has to find a way to get rid of Desharnais's contract or else Molson is stuck paying a VERY useless, VERY small forward with no versatility whatsoever for another three seasons (or is it four? I forget!).

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I like Thomas but he's no back up. Budaj is a great back up. I love Gunbranson's potential and I would do that one trade. I wouldn't take Versteeg str8 up for DD or Kopecky, I would prefer a package.

Thomas is no backup, but...if he comes to Mtl his salary says he is.
Anyways...I really don't see Thomas coming to Mtl, but it would be sweet revenge if Price gets cold in the playoffs and Thomas comes in to the rescue (especially against the Bruins;)). That proposal was made more for fun than anything else...I don't think it's that realistic but you never know! (and I do like Budaj...nothing against him).

Priority:
finding a taker for DD!!! might not be the best choice but I'm desperate... DD for either Kopecky or Versteeg will be fine with me!!
(I'd lean more towards Kopecky...'cause we would have more money for Subban, Eller, and maybe a 2014 UFA).

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
I think if this actually happens that it will make life much easier for DD and add some much needed help at center for Florida, everyone walks out happy.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I think if this actually happens that it will make life much easier for DD and add some much needed help at center for Florida, everyone walks out happy.

It would be funny (or not!) IF they (Florida and Mtl GMs) are talking about other players!!

Florida and Mtl make a trade, BUT...it has nothing to do with DD:help:
(in all seriousness...I really hope a deal gets done soon to end all this suffering!!).

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Florida has an even bigger logjam at C than we do. They have 6 regulars who can play that position so I don't see them as a good trade partner. Unless they are discussing something not involving DD.

More likely that Tallon came to get his smoked meat fix.

habitue*

Please go get Versteeg. He is really under-rated. He would be perfect in our top 6.

You really don't want Versteeg. Just visit the Panthers' board and you will understand why.

I know that a majority wants DD to be moved but Florida has not much to offer. Kopecky is barely a third line player, and Matthias, despite his size, is a very poor center. He is atrocious in the face-off circle. Could be more suitable on wing.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
It would be funny (or not!) IF they (Florida and Mtl GMs) are talking about other players!!

Florida and Mtl make a trade, BUT...it has nothing to do with DD:help:
(in all seriousness...I really hope a deal gets done soon to end all this suffering!!).

I don't who else goes, unless we're talking about a MAJOR trade for Drouin or Huberdeau:

1st, 3rd, Pacioretty, Beaulieu

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Okay so DD+ Tinordi straight up? Where do I sign?

Tinordi? Yes he is huge and can fight and is physical but look at our depht chart. We can EASILY replace his physicality via UFA. There are a lot of UFAs out there that are defensive and physical, didn't we get Murray for that?

Dietz, Nygren, Thrower, Pateryn, Beaulieu,Emelin isn't enough depht for you? lol

Actually no, it is not. Tinordi could be a GIANT. Are you nuts? No trade. No way.

habitue*

That's what I said yesterday as well. If they are really interested in moving him I'd definitely be all over that. I doubt they would move Gudbranson

For Kulikov, you will have to give a LOT more than Bouillon....

Panthers would demand Tinordi or Beaulieu + a first rounder.

Kulikov is a RFA. Habs have many of them to deal with: Subban, Emelin, Eller among others.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Florida has an even bigger logjam at C than we do. They have 6 regulars who can play that position so I don't see them as a good trade partner. Unless they are discussing something not involving DD.

More likely that Tallon came to get his smoke meat fix.

He can do both;)
(eat Montreal smoke meat at Celine Dion's Schwartz!! while discussing DD with Bergevin).

EurOConnEcton

Feb 17, 2008
Montreal
Kulikov is a stud!! id try to do something along these lines.
To Florida:Leblanc + Beaulieu or Diaz + 2nd round pick + DD
To Montreal: Kulikov + Kopecky + 5th/6th round pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad