Rumor: Benoit Brunet : Dale Tallon in MTL oct 26th

PunkinDrublic*

Why would Dale Tallon be interested in DD?

I think he is looking at Diaz. And i bet he is willing to unload Upshall, Kopecky and Bergenheim. Although none of those are interesting maybe Kopecky at the very least.

Pretty simple actually. It's to attract the french canadians in Florida.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Would you guys do DD+ TInordi and a 2nd for Bjugstad? I would. If they want Diaz too, I would add him and call up Pateryn.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Would you guys do DD+ TInordi and a 2nd for Bjugstad? I would. If they want Diaz too, I would add him and call up Pateryn.

Nope. We should be patient with Tinordi, he can become something very special and I like his pugilist + leadership capabilities. I like Bjugstad too, and he would be awesome to have, but this trade would set us back by a lot on defense in the near future. Also they have similar value imo, don't see why we have to add anything.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Nope. We should be patient with Tinordi, he can become something very special and I like his pugilist + leadership capabilities. I like Bjugstad too, and he would be awesome to have, but this trade would set us back by a lot on defense in the near future. Also they have similar value imo, don't see why we have to add anything.

Okay so DD+ Tinordi straight up? Where do I sign?

Tinordi? Yes he is huge and can fight and is physical but look at our depht chart. We can EASILY replace his physicality via UFA. There are a lot of UFAs out there that are defensive and physical, didn't we get Murray for that?

Dietz, Nygren, Thrower, Pateryn, Beaulieu,Emelin isn't enough depht for you? lol

Ice Poutine

LA POUTINE IS BACK!
Feb 18, 2006
ON MY CHAIR
Nope. We should be patient with Tinordi, .,..

Right you are. Tinordi is part of the future of this team and will go nowhere soon. Big guys that move like him are very rare and the rest of the league would want to have him if he came up for a trade right now. He's an untouchable like PK or Price or Galchenyuk even Gallager. He learns quick and he will adapt soon enough. They are patient wiith him and it will pay off.

Apr 28, 2010
I would do it gomez is way cheaper and has more pts hahahaha

Seriously though, im probably in the minority but I've always liked Gomez, it's just his ugly contract that ruined everything. From what i've heard, everybody loves him in the locker room. :yo: And he's a pretty good penalty-killer too.

As for DD/Versteeg, I wouldn't do it. As much as I want to get rid of DD, we'll still come out as losers from that trade.

Imagine this. 8.4 million just for Briere and Versteeg. Yikes.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
And why would he be interested in Diaz?

They already have a much better version in Kulikov

I think they can use another offensive defenseman. Whitney, Gilroy and Gilbert are on one year deals, Weaver is in the last year of his deal and is 35. Gudbranson, Kulikov, Campbell are mainstays, at least i would think. Jovo is aging and injured. Then they have Robak and Petrovic close to a nhl position.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Okay so DD+ Tinordi straight up? Where do I sign?

Tinordi? Yes he is huge and can fight and is physical but look at our depht chart. We can EASILY replace his physicality via UFA. There are a lot of UFAs out there that are defensive and physical, didn't we get Murray for that?

Dietz, Nygren, Thrower, Pateryn, Beaulieu,Emelin isn't enough depht for you? lol

Those UFA's will be expensive and it's not a guarantee they will want to come play here. Not only that but we are bidding against other teams as well who might throw them a better offer. The UFA market is a no go as far as I'm concerned, have you seen the contracts thrown around this offseason? And speaking about contract values, Tinordi's will be cost controlled for many years to come.

Out of all those players, only Beaulieu and Emelin are NHL'ers and the rest might not even make it. Even then, Beaulieu is a rookie, and Emelin is a hitting machine but not exactly a defensive wizard. Tinordi will become a top pairing defensive defensemen one day, way better than Gorges. We have no one in our system like that other than him.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
And then, Bjugstad is not even in the lineup. At least, know who the **** are the players you're trading for before proposing a trade.

What the hell are you talking about...Bjudgstad would go to AHL there is no room on our roster...

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Seriously though, im probably in the minority but I've always liked Gomez, it's just his ugly contract that ruined everything. From what i've heard, everybody loves him in the locker room. :yo: And he's a pretty good penalty-killer too.

As for DD/Versteeg, I wouldn't do it. As much as I want to get rid of DD, we'll still come out as losers from that trade.

Imagine this. 8.4 million just for Briere and Versteeg. Yikes.

Same for me, I'd do a DD for Gomez trade with no hesitation

NateTheGr8

Aug 17, 2012
Canada
gomer can stay I fla, too small , seen it, done that.

But you can get rid of DDs horrible contract for Gomez's 900k 1 Year deal and make breathing room in the cap. This would not happen though because there's absolutely no point to it, it would be a steal for us but Florida wouldn't honestly be that stupid , if they do trade it will not be DD for anyone straight up (maybe Versteeg but that's a long shot)

MB will be like, if you want to trade you have to take Desharnais too

Patty Roy

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Visit site

I don't see why Bjugstad would have more value than Tinordi at this point.

Personally i have no interest in moving Tinordi. If Montreal and Florida are talking i think its far more likely that its a change of scenery type move involving guys like DD, Kopecky or possibly Versteeg with Montreal throwing in some change if need be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->