Sportsnet: Bennett has asked for a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Its also highly unlikely that he will make a trade outside of the division and lose Bennett and have to wait two weeks to get his replacement.
If Bennett gets traded I'm almost positive it will be in the off season.
I don't think that really matters with Bennett unless he goes on a tear with Monahan and Gaudreau, he is only impactful in the playoffs. I don't think the Flames will miss him much over two weeks.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Bennett leads on the forecheck which is extremely valuable in a 2-1-2 system. I guess, being an Oilers fan, you aren’t familiar with things like structure and system.

you watch the Oilers everyday who play a 3-2 system. I mean I’m sure they are supposed to play a 2-1-2 but McDavid and Draisatl are wingers playing centre. They are always thinking offense in the offensive zone. They never are in the right position to maintain that 3 person defensive shell which is what centers like Bergeron, O’Reilly, Backlund etc. do. Thats why they give up more scoring chances than anyone.

your entire argument is about points... just like your team. How’s that going for you?
This is a weird post to make considering you're a fan of the Flames who arent exactly known for their success...

axlrose87

Jul 13, 2018
Thats because he was a horrible fit, as well as a defensive liability on a team starving from lack of defensive depth. Furthermore his QO was 3 million and took place during the initial covid crunch. If Bennett shows up again in the post season (like he probably will) he will get qualified.
Is Calgary going to make the playoffs?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
from the guy who brought up the Flames team success cause he had no rebuttal lol
Actually no, you took shots at Edmonton's players saying theyre actually not good because they keep losing. Yet Calgary isnt exactly the definition of success so does that mean they all suck as well?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
how about 1st rounders and top 6 players?c
So you actually think Bennett and his ~20pts the last three seasons will get you a 1st round pick and/or top 6 skaters? :laugh:

Oh man I can't wait for him to be traded so I can bring this back up later.

When even was the last time a 20pt forward was traded for either of those things? Even as a "change of scenery" scenario?

Reactions: axlrose87

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Actually no, you took shots at Edmonton's players saying theyre actually not good because they keep losing. Yet Calgary isnt exactly the definition of success so does that mean they all suck as well?

no I very much explained WHY the Oilers players struggle and are overrated because the Oilers fan kept saying Bennett sucks because of his stat line. My point was that hockey is more than statistics. Or was that over your head?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
no I very much explained WHY the Oilers players struggle and are overrated because the Oilers fan kept saying Bennett sucks because of his stat line. My point was that hockey is more than statistics. Or was that over your head?
Or maybe the Flames suck because their players like Bennett cant score and are just 3/4 liners? Hard concept I know.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
better than the Oilers for ~15 years now :dunno:
Since the lockout you've both made it past the (real) first round twice with the Oilers going to the Finals. Youve both been pretty irrelevant and certainly not enough of a difference for you to be telling them to play more like Flames players :laugh:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
The Oilers were the worst team in history over like a 12 year period. But sure. The Flames, a team with one top five pick in its history, should be compared to a team that had 4 first overall picks.

I don’t know why I’m responding to your messages. Your take (literally at least 300 messages) on Gaudreau told me you have no credibility 7 years ago. Yet here I am

Reactions: CrosbyMalkin

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
The Oilers were the worst team in history over like a 12 year period. But sure. The Flames, a team with one top five pick in its history, should be compared to a team that had 4 first overall picks.

I don’t know why I’m responding to your messages. Your take (literally at least 300 messages) on Gaudreau told me you have no credibility 7 years ago. Yet here I am
So you're one of the ones who think Bennett actually has meaningfull value just because he was a top 5 pick years ago. It all makes sense now.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
So you're one of the ones who think Bennett actually has meaningfull value just because he was a top 5 pick years ago. It all makes sense now.

truthfully never been huge on Bennett the last two or three years. But he does perform in the playoffs and has played really well since his trade request which surely can’t hurt his value while scouts eyes are on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad