Sportsnet: Bennett has asked for a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
So you actually think Bennett and his ~20pts the last three seasons will get you a 1st round pick and/or top 6 skaters? :laugh:

Oh man I can't wait for him to be traded so I can bring this back up later.

When even was the last time a 20pt forward was traded for either of those things? Even as a "change of scenery" scenario?

I like Bennett over Barclay Goodrow but he got a first and point production isn't better. As a leaf fan I would love Bennett but for a first would be steep but not like there's much available that you can acquire and not have to wait 2 weeks.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I like Bennett over Barclay Goodrow but he got a first and point production isn't better. As a leaf fan I would love Bennett but for a first would be steep but not like there's much available that you can acquire and not have to wait 2 weeks.
No he got a late first but they also gave up an early 3rd so it was really like getting a 2nd.

Also ignoring that Goodrow was making like $900k to Bennett's $2.5

MattyNew91

Jul 5, 2018
No he got a late first but they also gave up an early 3rd so it was really like getting a 2nd.

Also ignoring that Goodrow was making like $900k to Bennett's $2.5

Your words were saying when was the last time someone gave up a first for a 20 point guy. Well Tampa did, and not only that Bennett has had better production than Goodrow so what does that tell you. And if the leafs gave up a first you would think it has a chance of being a late first as well, I'm not saying it will happen and it probably won't hopefully. I wouldn't give a first for Bennett that's steep. But Goodrow for a 1st is steep as well for a guy who's a bottom 6 guy and thats all he is. Bennett has potential to be more.

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
So you actually think Bennett and his ~20pts the last three seasons will get you a 1st round pick and/or top 6 skaters? :laugh:

Oh man I can't wait for him to be traded so I can bring this back up later.

When even was the last time a 20pt forward was traded for either of those things? Even as a "change of scenery" scenario?

No it was a counter to your stupid proposal...Stupid for stupid

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
No it was a counter to your stupid proposal...Stupid for stupid
Articles coming from your own fans/media expect no more than a 3rd round pick but keep holding hope for that 1st man! Its nice to dream sometimes

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Your words were saying when was the last time someone gave up a first for a 20 point guy. Well Tampa did, and not only that Bennett has had better production than Goodrow so what does that tell you. And if the leafs gave up a first you would think it has a chance of being a late first as well, I'm not saying it will happen and it probably won't hopefully. I wouldn't give a first for Bennett that's steep. But Goodrow for a 1st is steep as well for a guy who's a bottom 6 guy and thats all he is. Bennett has potential to be more.
You are once again forgetting the early third that San Jose added so no it wasnt Goodrow for a 1st (also again ignoring the extra $1.6M in salary in a pandemic).

He was/is also not producing more than Goodrow's 26pts last season.

So nah hes not getting anywhere close to a 1st unless you're also adding a 2nd or 3rd to go with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad