Sportsnet: Bennett has asked for a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Not a Rangers fan, but from the outside looking in I get the sense that Quinn isn't the greatest with younger players. Is he really the guy to turn Bennett around?
He’s done better with some, and not as good as others. Fox, Miller, kakko, Chytil (before injury) have all been very good. LaF and to a lesser extent Howden too. If Bennett could come in a play a physical 3rd line center role I think he would flourish under Quinn. Strome won’t be here much longer and Chytil seems to be taking the next step so Rangers are going to need a 3c and 4C. Rooney seems to have upped his game in the last few games and is proving to be a reliable 4C but it’s still early

IGGY2JOHNNY

Apr 22, 2018
Saw Puljarrvi / Virtanan suggested above. Id probably do either tbh. I like Virtanen more but wouldn’t be upset with either.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
18 year old Sam Bennett. I still remember that fake hype around this guy.

Calgary and Van failed badly. Bennett and Virtanen over Ehlers... lol

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
This is like comparing one stock that has an upward trajectory while the other has a downward trajectory.
Both guys are mediocre as hell. I doubt either team would even care whether the trade happened or didn't.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
18 year old Sam Bennett. I still remember that fake hype around this guy.

Calgary and Van failed badly. Bennett and Virtanen over Ehlers... lol

lol really. Drafts are always a crapshoot. Some just develop better than others.

The 2014 draft had a general consensus of Ekblad/Reinhart/Draisaitl/Bennett as the top 4. Good on the top 3 teams getting a quality player. Unfortunately the Flames didn’t.

Luckily the Flames got Tkachuk two years later.

Reactions: Fig and Kleefeld

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Every single team would have picked those guys. Bennett was in consideration for top forward in that draft. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

Ehlers was superior in his draft year, but NA bias blinded scouts. They watched Bennett and Co for 4 years while only one year of Ehlers. Despite Ehlers had better results.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Bennett wouldn't get Puljujarvi in a trade. Why would Edmonton do that?
Meh, I’d rather have Bennett and some other teams may as well. I see him more as a third line center with a decent two way game though. I see Puljujarvi more as a top 6 or bust player and less safe.

Reactions: Nightrain

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Would absolutely love him on the leafs as the 3C. Kerfoot for Bennet, Mikheyev for Bennet, Lilijgren and 3rd for Bennet, Dermott and 3rd for Bennet or 2nd and 3rd for Bennet

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
iirc Yzerman was checking in on him while in Tampa, wonder if there's still interest and whether Fabbri would be an overpayment

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Why not? Pulju has shown some flashes here and there, but he’s still a pretty meh player. It’s not really a trade either team does with any type of fear that it blows up in their face.

I prefer the guy that plays with more jam.
Because Bennett has yet to establish himself in any way in the NHL after 7 seasons and has an impending QO of $2.55m at seasons end. Puljujarvi is a 21 year old former 4th overall pick under team control for four more seasons and is on an exceptionally affordable deal for the next two years.

Bennett also just asked for a trade.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
He's been less aggressive, hard nosed this season and it makes sense. He was promised to be put in centre and in a better position to succeed and it was broken. The bridge between him and the organization is probably burned forever
If this is the case, Buffalo has a 36 yr old Steal signed only for this season as line 2 center behind Eichel. Bennett wanting a center position? Buffalo in need of a center beyond this season.

What does Calgary need? An RHD I assume? Buffalo has them. Also, it was reported a couple months back Buffalo and Calgary were speaking, goalie I think, but just a rumor.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad