Sportsnet: Bennett has asked for a trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Can't imagine they trade him anywhere but the US. Won't keep him in Canada

Bond

May 10, 2012
He's been less aggressive, hard nosed this season and it makes sense. He was promised to be put in centre and in a better position to succeed and it was broken. The bridge between him and the organization is probably burned forever
Who does he replace? He is the 4th best centre on the team

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Kind of figured this would eventually culminate to this.

Just never had much luck in this organization, it’s crazy, because if Sam would have not busted, the Flames would have been sitting pretty.

Flames will point to his playoff level of play for most teams willing to make a trade. That means we don’t need your 2nd, 3rd rounders and your shite prospects.

Non-homers will point to his career high of 36 points and career -31 despite getting 60% ozone starts. 15 playoff games with a 10-15% on-ice shooting% doesn't magically make him more valuable than the average 3rd liner he is.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I propose a draft disappointment swap:

6798.png

547568.png

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
Shows up amazing for the playoffs, shows very little in the season to justify giving him better opportunity, plus he takes a ton of incredibly stupid penalties.

Was hoping we could keep him long enough that Seattle would maybe take him over some of our other players

Reactions: HugginThePost

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
With Chytil out, Rangers might look into this. Maybe Gauthier and or a draft pick? If Quinn refuses to play Gauthier I can see him being pissed as well
Not a Rangers fan, but from the outside looking in I get the sense that Quinn isn't the greatest with younger players. Is he really the guy to turn Bennett around?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Who does he replace? He is the 4th best centre on the team
He's better than Derek Ryan. Would have fit in well at 3rd line centre.

On the wing, he'd always fit in well with Gaudreau and Monahan but he never got an extended look there. But yet guys like Chiasson got 6 months with them

Bond

May 10, 2012
He's better than Derek Ryan. Would have fit in well at 3rd line centre.

On the wing, he'd always fit in well with Gaudreau and Monahan but he never got an extended look there. But yet guys like Chiasson got 6 months with them
That worked before Lindholm was moved to centre

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Value is pretty low... IMO seems like Flames best would include him in a bigger trade as the + type part of it?... I dunno

Unless they are happy with a draft pick that's not too high

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad