Confirmed with Link: Ben Bishop gets 2 year extension ($5.95M AAV, NMC)

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Ya that's what I'm thinking bring up guds to back up bishop for 2015 2016 season. Have vasi and Wilcox for the crunch. The goal I want for vasi is to get 100 ahl starts in two years before coming to the nhl. But vasi is really going at a fast pace for a goalie right now. If vasi puts up a 94 save percentage for the crunch. Then let's say gudlevskis puts a 91 save percentage up for the crunch. Then is 2015 2016 is vasi the back up or guds ? I guess Stevie let's this play out to see.

I don't see Vasilevskiy getting 50 starts this year when Gudlevskis also needs starts.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I don't see Vasilevskiy getting 50 starts this year when Gudlevskis also needs starts.

think ahl is 72 games per year right? split down middle is 36 games than you have the playoff runs.

He can get close to 45-50 starts easily especially if guds has an minor injury or someone on tampa has one and guds is called up to sit? etc.. At least he will get a lot more than the basic 30's you get in russia.

I do not knock the khl but would like guys to play more games especially goalies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
think ahl is 72 games per year right? split down middle is 36 games than you have the playoff runs.

He can get close to 45-50 starts easily especially if guds has an minor injury or someone on tampa has one and guds is called up to sit? etc.. At least he will get a lot more than the basic 30's you get in russia.

I do not knock the khl but would like guys to play more games especially goalies.

I doubt the team is planning for an injury though. The plan is probably to give Vasi and Gud roughly an equal amount of starts. We don't really know, but it's safe to say we want them both playing.

With Bishop signed, I think the door is a lot more open for a goaltending trade.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Close, it's 76. ;)

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I doubt the team is planning for an injury though. The plan is probably to give Vasi and Gud roughly an equal amount of starts. We don't really know, but it's safe to say we want them both playing.

With Bishop signed, I think the door is a lot more open for a goaltending trade.

after last year you dont believe stevie thinks on injuries? Good news is we seem covered on every position and than some finally:)

I personally don't see any goalie moves anytime soon. We have not had goalies lol FOREVER stevie was always used to winning by having at least two solid ones etc.. He will like to have 4 even 6 if can get away with it lol

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
after last year you dont believe stevie thinks on injuries? Good news is we seem covered on every position and than some finally:)

I personally don't see any goalie moves anytime soon. We have not had goalies lol FOREVER stevie was always used to winning by having at least two solid ones etc.. He will like to have 4 even 6 if can get away with it lol

I don't think he thinks, "Well, Gudlevskis is going to get injured so Vasi should get 50 games in."

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014

Not a long interview and nothing really new but it was interesting the part about the big trade and I must say that I liked what he said about Cally, especially how fascinated he sounded with Cally’s shot blocking. I do think that the way his new teammates really show appreciation over what he brings to the ice was one of the reasons why Cally really wanted to stay.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I don't think he thinks, "Well, Gudlevskis is going to get injured so Vasi should get 50 games in."

I got to figure he thinks nabokov at his age and one other goalie could miss some time.

It almost always happens? Not saying a lot of time but our 4 goalies missing 10 games this year at some point I believe is part of an equation stevie would have.

I have it in my head. I know am not smartest guy out there but is just a given haha

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I got to figure he thinks nabokov at his age and one other goalie could miss some time.

It almost always happens? Not saying a lot of time but our 4 goalies missing 10 games this year at some point I believe is part of an equation stevie would have.

I have it in my head. I know am not smartest guy out there but is just a given haha

Yeah, but that goalie could just as easily be Vasi. In a backup role, Nabokov is less likely to miss time, and even if he did, the call-up would probably not see much ice behind Bishop. I mean, look at the way we sheltered Lindback.

I'm just saying the plan is probably to split Vasi and Guds's time pretty equally, with maybe the hot hand getting a few extra starts. If injuries happen, they happen, but I don't think we're assuming that's part of the plan to get Vasi 50 starts.

I mean, even counting ECHL games, and even with all our goaltending injuries last year, Gudlevskis didn't hit 50.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Yeah, but that goalie could just as easily be Vasi. In a backup role, Nabokov is less likely to miss time, and even if he did, the call-up would probably not see much ice behind Bishop. I mean, look at the way we sheltered Lindback.

I'm just saying the plan is probably to split Vasi and Guds's time pretty equally, with maybe the hot hand getting a few extra starts. If injuries happen, they happen, but I don't think we're assuming that's part of the plan to get Vasi 50 starts.

I mean, even counting ECHL games, and even with all our goaltending injuries last year, Gudlevskis didn't hit 50.

Maybe you missed what all I said? Some quotes or paragraphs? No I dont think 50 starts for Vasi think with playoffs injury factor he can get 45.

Shoot we might only give him 30 something but that is fine too is stevies path we just have to watch it lol. I stated everything you have just said the call up factor part that guy just rides bench if called up etc.. Now steve did ask nabby if was ok to call up get a game for guys if he was ok for that etc.. So we don't know steves mind but I do expect vasi and guds to probably get a game this year each lol.

You got to hope at least vasi gets 35 games this year. To me that is a win. Any more than that is a plus. If he plays exceptionally well he might hit 50 but doubt that is a major thing with steve. Think they will bring along slow temper him split the time. He has never played a season where had 38 starts I dont believe? 33 is number I come up with last year. I dont see us pushing too hard on him to jump to 50 his first year on US ice so yes we are in agreement.

but adding 5-10 more games for him this year over last and the past? AWESOME!!

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
My big thing is we need to cut bishop down to 50 or 52 starts! Lindback was a awful back up so Nabokov and vasi can get some games in. Got to think there goal is to keep bishop under 55 games to keep him fresh.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
Vasilevskiy played 28 KHL regular season and 18 KHL playoff games last year. Plus a few national team tourneys. I don't think its a stretch for him to handle 50+ (AHL).

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Vasilevskiy played 28 KHL regular season and 18 KHL playoff games last year. Plus a few national team tourneys. I don't think its a stretch for him to handle 50+ (AHL).

Wasnt sure how many playoff games it was capgeek agrees wikipedia is not correct other sources are not correct so he did 40 something games with his international play last year so if gets that this year thats a good deal:)

If he has the stats he did at end of year lol not sure how we could justify him two years in minors as you said. Crazy stats in his final international play lol and at the end of playoffs just unreal hasek even better stuff haha.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.foxsports.com/florida/st...ots-for-first-time-since-wrist-surgery-080714

Bish on how the rehabbing is going
It felt good. Monday, Tuesday and today (Wednesday). I was a little apprehensive, and the wrist isn't 100 percent yet. But there was no real pain. The training staff, the coaches and I wanted to see how it was coming along. I would say I have to get about the last 10 percent healthy. Last Tuesday they took the screws out that were holding the ligaments in place. We've been rehabilitating, doing range of motion.
(Trainer) Mike Poirier and I have been inventing exercises I could do. This summer was certainly different with how hard I could go. One bad elbow and one bad wrist makes it difficult to lift to do upper body conditioning. Mike's been awesome. I've worked on the track with sprints and hurdles. Extended my yoga to stay flexible. And I've ridden my bike on asphalt to get my cardio up. I still have over a month until camp and two months until the season.
How bad the injury was last season
Begin with this -- I had to change the way I played the game. It was injured and taped earlier in the season and then really hurt against Toronto about a month later. From that point on I was wearing a hard cast every night. We (training staff) messed around with it a little bit, but I couldn't bend the wrist (blocker and stick side). So if I had to cut off the angle with my blocker, that was a problem. Using my stick to bring the puck back to me was different.
To be honest with you, there were probably five to 10 goals I would have saved with a good wrist that ended up in the net. I can think of two right now off the top of my head. Easily 5 to 10. I wasn't going to say anything, or complain. I just kept doing my best given the circumstances.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Thanks for posting that, I’m happy to hear that he is getting better and I’m also happy that he did have the surgery and fix what was bothering him and hopefully he’ll be 100% ready come training camp.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

I have no doubt he could handle 50 games in the AHL. Issue is that we have 2 guys in need of playing time. Can't feed Vasi 50+ games and neglect Gudlevskis need for development.

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
I am not sure the two are exclusive. Between regular season, playoffs, and any call up time I think it's quite possible both get 40-50 games in. That's not even considering one getting more for performance.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I am not sure the two are exclusive. Between regular season, playoffs, and any call up time I think it's quite possible both get 40-50 games in. That's not even considering one getting more for performance.

I don't see how. There are only so many games. It would take a deep playoff run to get them both to 50. I think the goal will be to make sure they each get 30.

Call-ups would more likely take playing time away from them, not give playing time to them.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I don't see how. There are only so many games. It would take a deep playoff run to get them both to 50. I think the goal will be to make sure they each get 30.

Call-ups would more likely take playing time away from them, not give playing time to them.

Agreed. 76 games in the regular season means 38 each assuming they split time evenly. That would mean the Crunch would need 24 playoff games at least to get each of them to 50 games, which would be the ideal amount of playing time for two young goalies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
This gave me an idea. Can we start making up things and saying "per unconfirmed source" here, please?

Meant was a guy who runs a facebook page about the lightning and usually pretty legit in what he says. He is not affiliated to a network, the organization etc..

So when say Unconfirmed source it is primarily someone who spreads news as he gets it on twitter etc.. who has no affiliation to the lightning or the media.

I hope that spelled this out a bit. Usually I can find where he got a source but I didnt have the time and didnt find it very quickly so moved on in life :)

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Meant was a guy who runs a facebook page about the lightning and usually pretty legit in what he says. He is not affiliated to a network, the organization etc..

So when say Unconfirmed source it is primarily someone who spreads news as he gets it on twitter etc.. who has no affiliation to the lightning or the media.

I hope that spelled this out a bit. Usually I can find where he got a source but I didnt have the time and didnt find it very quickly so moved on in life :)

I know, I wasn't making fun of you :laugh: I really just want to make up ridiculous rumors exaggerating how tough Ben Bishop is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad