Belleville Bulls sold and relocating to Hamilton?

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
NORTHWEST
West - SSM, Sag, Flt, Sar, Wsr
Central - Ldn, OS, Bar, Sby, NB

SOUTHEAST
South - Kit, Gue, Ham, Nia, Er
East - Miss, Osh, Pbo, Kgn, Ott

This is quite a departure from the way things are now, however, I like it. Moreover, I think it's pretty fair in terms of travel for most teams and, importantly, it re-distributes the big clubs in a more equitable way throughout the league. And really, the only team that gets screwed somewhat is London….and I can live with that lol

Also, there's no longer any need for the "cross-conference rivalry" anymore which I really like!!

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I live in the Cambridge area, which is also apparently known as NotKitchener...:D

Yes...but you Cambridge folks can take the LRT to Kitchener!

OOPs...sorry...meant you can ride the bus to Kitchener! :laugh::laugh:

(sorry...I totally sympathize with you folks)

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010
Here are a couple of re-aligment arrangements I've come up with:

WEST
MW - Ldn, OS, Kit, Gue, Ham

EAST
Central - Er, Nia, Miss, Bar, Sby
East - NB, Osh, Pbo, Kgn, Ott

I don't really like this one because it really puts a lot of travel burden on the Eastern Conference

NORTHWEST

SOUTHEAST

This quite a departure from the way things are now, however, I like it. Moreover, I think it's pretty fair in terms of travel for most teams and, importantly, it re-distributes the big clubs in a more equitable way throughout the league. And really, the only team that gets screwed somewhat is London….and I can live with that lol

I like the second option you have, the only issue would be travel for Sudbury and North Bay as it is a long drive to Michigan to play the Firebirds and Spirit two times a year, unless scheduling adjustments are made

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I like the second option you have, the only issue would be travel for Sudbury and North Bay as it is a long drive to Michigan to play the Firebirds and Spirit two times a year, unless scheduling adjustments are made

It wouldn't be much worse than going to Kingston and Ottawa. Each time they'd go to Michigan it would be a 3 game road trip anyhow.

Last edited:

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I think it's also worth noting that the only rivalries that would be sacrificed would be Ldn/OS vs Kit/Gue (maybe Bar & Miss).

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
NORTHWEST

SOUTHEAST

There is no way the league would approve any scheme that had London having to drive through a city in the other conference to get to all their divisional games except Owen Sound.

I like keeping the current West together, it works. For the other three, I'd put

South: London, Kitchener, Hamilton, Niagara and Erie
North: NB, Sudbury, Barrie, OS and Guelph
East: the current East plus Mississauga

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
There is no way the league would approve any scheme that had London having to drive through a city in the other conference to get to all their divisional games except Owen Sound.

I like keeping the current West together, it works. For the other three, I'd put

They already drive through St. Catharines to go to games in Erie. Next year they'll be driving through Hamilton as well.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011

Misread your post.....

Well it's certainly not perfect, however, I think most other teams would find it acceptable.

Anyway, you're one of the more knowledgable OHL posters on here so some feedback is appreciated.

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010
It wouldn't be much worse than going to Kingston and Ottawa. Each time they'd go to Michigan it would be a 3 game road trip anyhow.

They only go to Kingston and Ottawa once per year due to the distance.

Stanley Foobrick

Clockwork Blue
Apr 2, 2007
Fooville, Ontario
^LOL.^

At the OHL level, with some 9000+ seats they clearly need to institute a students and kids price.

They need to make it a family affordable outing. For a few seasons I was a member of the AHL Bulldogs, season ticket holder fan advisory board. One thing I tried to push was that. They had their ticket rep at one of the meeting and I asked him about some kind of family season ticket deal.

I purposed to them the idea that for every adult season ticket sold they should offer one kids season ticket for something like $100. I say with every adult because you don't want to become a drop off babysitter, but with 9000 seats you can afford to give some pretty good volume discounts.

The answer to me was, "well we only have about 80 kids seasons anyway". To which I replied,"that's just sad, you market yourself as family entertainment and you have maybe 60 families that have signed on." :shakehead

The OHL team needs to market itself with the family affordable angle. Make the kids seats as cheap as possible. If league allows give a child season ticket with every adult purchased for $68. $2 a game to get that adult and that extra person into the arena, where they will purchase other items.

I wouldn't suggest this for most teams but this is a unique situation, not many teams have 9000 seats with the availability to expand to 17,000 if needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad