Belleville Bulls sold and relocating to Hamilton?

NaughtyDog

Aug 4, 2010
I am sure someone has stated this before, but rivals in the ohl are generated from playoff series as opposed to geography a lot of the time.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
My bad Jason2020 i ment to ask outside of Hamilton being in the East who would their rivals be... After Niagara would it be Guelph and then Kitchener being the closest to Hamilton?

I know some people have had this idea Hamilton should be in the east but there schedule should be as if there in the central meaning they would play 4 games vs each team vs east and not the standard.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
I don't remember what it cost for underground parking at the arena but if I remember correctly the parking lot across the street it was 5.00 but I could be wrong. I always got my neighbour or a ride down to the arena as I would grab a bite to eat at jackson square before the game

Underground event parking next to Jackson Square fluctuates quite a bit, usually though it's between $5-10. The nearby Convention Centre typically charges $9.00 but it's a bit of a ripoff. The parking lots around Jackson Square are usually $5.00 for overnight parking, with the cost decreasing the further away you get from the core proper. There is a decent lot at John and Wilson that costs $4.25 that I usually use.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
The closest teams to Hamilton using the First Ontario Centre as the starting point

49.9 KM to the Sleeman Centre via Hwy 6 (Guelph)
55.3 KM to the Hershey Centre via 403 (Missisauga)
58.2 KM to the Meridian Centre via QEW (St. Catharines)
61.9 KM to the Kitchener M.A.C via Hwy 6/401/Hwy 8 (Kitchener)
129 KM to the Budweiser Gardens via 403/401 (London)
137 KM to the Barrie Molson Centre (Barrie)
186 KM to the Harry Lumley B.C.C (Owen Sound)
250 KM to Erie Insurance arena (Erie)

The thing though is that Erie is way out in the US, as far as driving there is concerned. No team has a quick drive to Erie, so you want to mitigate that travel cost/time as much as possible, so it makes sense for Hamilton to be in that division. Frankly, I don't know why St. Catharine's isn't and why Owen Sound isn't in the Central division.

To me it makes sense to move Owen Sound to the Central Division, Barrie to the East Division and Hamilton to the Mid-West Division. I'd also put Guelph in the Central Division and Niagara in the Mid-West.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
The closest teams to Hamilton using the First Ontario Centre as the starting point

49.9 KM to the Sleeman Centre via Hwy 6 (Guelph)
55.3 KM to the Hershey Centre via 403 (Missisauga)
58.2 KM to the Meridian Centre via QEW (St. Catharines)
61.9 KM to the Kitchener M.A.C via Hwy 6/401/Hwy 8 (Kitchener)
129 KM to the Budweiser Gardens via 403/401 (London)
137 KM to the Barrie Molson Centre (Barrie)
186 KM to the Harry Lumley B.C.C (Owen Sound)
250 KM to Erie Insurance arena (Erie)

The thing though is that Erie is way out in the US, as far as driving there is concerned. No team has a quick drive to Erie, so you want to mitigate that travel cost/time as much as possible, so it makes sense for Hamilton to be in that division. Frankly, I don't know why St. Catharine's isn't and why Owen Sound isn't in the Central division.

To me it makes sense to move Owen Sound to the Central Division, Barrie to the East Division and Hamilton to the Mid-West Division. I'd also put Guelph in the Central Division and Niagara in the Mid-West.

I could be wrong but i am assuming it's too late to have the league draw up a whole new schedule and what not which is why they are keeping Hamilton in the East Division for this season and then redraw up the divisions next off-season

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
My bad Jason2020 i ment to ask outside of Hamilton being in the East who would their rivals be... After Niagara would it be Guelph and then Kitchener being the closest to Hamilton?

You forgot Mississauga. They're less than 35 miles away from Hamilton.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
The other thing is Hamilton's municipal boundary is huge since amalgamation with a metro exceeding 500 square miles. Depending where you are "in the city" you could be closer to Guelph, Niagara, Mississauga or even Kitchener.

It's one of the reasons the city has had money issues for so long. There is too much suburban infrastructure that the city had dumped on it by the province.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
The other thing is Hamilton's municipal boundary is huge since amalgamation with a metro exceeding 500 square miles. Depending where you are "in the city" you could be closer to Guelph, Niagara, Mississauga or even Kitchener.

It's one of the reasons the city has had money issues for so long. There is too much suburban infrastructure that the city had dumped on it by the province.

Ottawa is the largest city land wise in the country and there are all sorts of issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad