Belleville Bulls sold and relocating to Hamilton?

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
What are the parking prices like in Hamilton? I seem to recall the concessions being expensive.

I don't remember what it cost for underground parking at the arena but if I remember correctly the parking lot across the street it was 5.00 but I could be wrong. I always got my neighbour or a ride down to the arena as I would grab a bite to eat at jackson square before the game

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
^LOL.^

At the OHL level, with some 9000+ seats they clearly need to institute a students and kids price.

They need to make it a family affordable outing. For a few seasons I was a member of the AHL Bulldogs, season ticket holder fan advisory board. One thing I tried to push was that. They had their ticket rep at one of the meeting and I asked him about some kind of family season ticket deal.

I purposed to them the idea that for every adult season ticket sold they should offer one kids season ticket for something like $100. I say with every adult because you don't want to become a drop off babysitter, but with 9000 seats you can afford to give some pretty good volume discounts.

The answer to me was, "well we only have about 80 kids seasons anyway". To which I replied,"that's just sad, you market yourself as family entertainment and you have maybe 60 families that have signed on." :shakehead

The OHL team needs to market itself with the family affordable angle. Make the kids seats as cheap as possible. If league allows give a child season ticket with every adult purchased for $68. $2 a game to get that adult and that extra person into the arena, where they will purchase other items.

I wouldn't suggest this for most teams but this is a unique situation, not many teams have 9000 seats with the availability to expand to 17,000 if needed.

The Ottawa Fury witch is a soccer team has a promo where kids under 14 get free season tickets now maybe this is something Hamilton should look at.

Stanley Foobrick

Clockwork Blue
Apr 2, 2007
Fooville, Ontario
The Ottawa Fury witch is a soccer team has a promo where kids under 14 get free season tickets now maybe this is something Hamilton should look at.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2015/03/21/fury-looking-to-boost-attendance-in-year-two

On Saturday, Fury took a big step in marketing games as a family experience by announcing the Fury Fanatics initiative, which will provide free access to all games for kids 14 and under that are part of local soccer clubs that sign up for the program. It's a crafty idea if you consider that most of those kids will be bringing along an adult chaperon or two.

Need to be very careful in doing this, if it's simply open to any kids, adult supervision can't be assured. Some 14 years old really act up when in packs and alone, with any adult supervision this might do more to actually drive paying fans away. That's why my idea was per adult season ticket.

Evil Doctor

Cryin' Hank crying
Apr 29, 2009
Cambridge, ON
What are the parking prices like in Hamilton? I seem to recall the concessions being expensive.

It's been a couple of years since I parked downtown, but as I recall, parking was very inexpensive with some lots as low as $2 for overnight and after 6pm on-street parking being free.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I don't remember what it cost for underground parking at the arena but if I remember correctly the parking lot across the street it was 5.00 but I could be wrong. I always got my neighbour or a ride down to the arena as I would grab a bite to eat at jackson square before the game

Well, I took in the Bulldogs/Marlies game a couple of months ago and only wound up paying $7.50-I parked in the Jackson Square complex(which is normally signed as $10)

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
You're far too sensitive. Once again when you lose a franchise you may never get one back it's the DEATH of a franchise in a lot of circumstances. When is Cornwall, Newmarket, Plymouth, and Brampton getting their franchises back? You're forgetting a sports franchise is not very trivial in some areas it's a source of revenue from Sept-April. Tell me how the fans of the original Winnipeg Jets felt when they lost their franchise, they're one of the lucky ones.

Hey...people in North Bay got hockey back. So did the Niagara Region(Niagara Falls & St. Catharines have BOTH lost the OHL). Hamilton lost their team THREE times.

As far as when the cities you mentioned will get their teams back...in Brampton & Plymouth's case, right around the 5th of NEVER. (Brampton IS back...in the ECHL...to a massive reaction of boredom. In the GTA, in the winter, if it's not the Leafs, no one cares. That's why the Batallion pulled up stakes and moved to North Bay. It's also why, at some point, the Steelheads may also be on the move.) Plymouth playing in a big box store of an arena certainly didn't help their cause, but in Detroit-if it's not the Red Wings or the Pistons(or the colleges), good luck getting ANY pub in the winter.)

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
I had to close this thread temporarily to clean up about the last two pages, since these had nothing to do with the Belleville team moving.

Please exercise some sensitivity in using analogies. These can cut too close to the bone for many of us.

Also, anyone who wishes to promote their own site or materials needs to contact an Administrator about the Partner program. You're generally not allowed to promote your own blog or podcast as this is considered a form of advertising, without prior approval.

Back to the regularly scheduled programming now...

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/tickets/season/

Question what is a good area to purchase season tickets.. I was looking at maybe in the middle of section 122 above the class type thing... anyone who is a season ticket holder of other OHL have any good suggestions

Personal preference? I prefer the ends. Anything in 101 up high to see the home team attack twice and see the whole play develop is what I'd be looking at.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Personal preference? I prefer the ends. Anything in 101 up high to see the home team attack twice and see the whole play develop is what I'd be looking at.

I was thinking 122 I think it was I said and middle and above the glass because I hate around front row in that section and having lost look through the glass or up at the scoreboard to see the acti n this way of I get half way up the section where I can see over the glass I can see everything

Renegader

Sep 22, 2012
From what I've been able gleen from different team websites, it doesn't seem that out of line with the rest of the OHL. Belleville's top season ticket price was $634....

Not sure where you got that info from. I have the top end season tickets with the Bulls and it's 560. Not 634.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/tickets/season/

Question what is a good area to purchase season tickets.. I was looking at maybe in the middle of section 122 above the class type thing... anyone who is a season ticket holder of other OHL have any good suggestions

My advice would be don't get too hung up on how close to the ice you are. I have never been to Copp's but from my experiences at Bud Gardens I prefer to watch from the 300 level because I see the whole game ( plays developing and whatnot ) without having to look over anything or anyone.

I was thinking 122 I think it was I said and middle and above the glass because I hate around front row in that section and having lost look through the glass or up at the scoreboard to see the acti n this way of I get half way up the section where I can see over the glass I can see everything
Myself I wouldn't take free tickets on the sides to a game, just not where I feel you get the best sight lines. I'd go stand in the corner or end of the rink if I was given seats on the side. If you've been in the rink before you know the best sight lines for yourself personally. Again..I prefer high end right behind the net..if not there then high corners below the faceoff circle. I don't like any seat on the side in any rink. There is a reason all the scouts sit in the ends and the corners ;)

Stanley Foobrick

Clockwork Blue
Apr 2, 2007
Fooville, Ontario
My advice would be don't get too hung up on how close to the ice you are. I have never been to Copp's but from my experiences at Bud Gardens I prefer to watch from the 300 level because I see the whole game ( plays developing and whatnot ) without having to look over anything or anyone.

Our AHL seasons for a while were high in 110. That usually kept us out of the arch of people on the sides (people low at the ends and mid sections extending to the top was the norm)

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Myself I wouldn't take free tickets on the sides to a game, just not where I feel you get the best sight lines. I'd go stand in the corner or end of the rink if I was given seats on the side. If you've been in the rink before you know the best sight lines for yourself personally. Again..I prefer high end right behind the net..if not there then high corners below the faceoff circle. I don't like any seat on the side in any rink. There is a reason all the scouts sit in the ends and the corners ;)

Craig MacTavish sat in our section during the '05 Memorial Cup .. wait . .never mind :sarcasm:

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman

I agree with this.

For the Wheat Kings, I like to sit in the corner that Brandon attacks twice, right near the top. If not there, then right behind the net. You can see the plays developing better at the ends. Only downside is when the play is at the far end, it isn't that easy to see.

Middle sections at the top aren't bad either. You can see the whole ice pretty well.

All comes down to what you like!

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
I'm totally a sit on the side guy, I dont mind deep into the zone since centre ice tickets can be harder to get and/or more expensive so most times like my season tickets I end up between the blueline and the faceoff circle in the zone. The only rink in the O where I make the exception is Erie. The seating on the sides there is so shallow that even in the first 10 rows you feel like you're a mile away from the ice.

Luckily the new addition at the end has a higher pitch. Playoffs last year we sat as close to the railing drop off to the shallower seats as possible up high, view there was good.

As far as Copps is concerned I have sat in shallower bowls, Erie as I mentioned and another though not in the OHL is in Grand Rapids which is just brutal. Lower bowl in London can be bad, Plymouth too.

Somebody mentioned about being far away in the upper bowl in London, honestly I feel closer to the ice in the Bud's upper bowl than I do any higher than row 10 at Copps. It isnt the worst lower bowl but in a building thats already so big it just makes you feel disconnected from the ice.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Regarding parking in Hamilton - I was looking up prices last week as I have tickets to the Shania concert in June. Parking is about $5, depending on the lot, and some "event" lots weren't much more. I remember thinking "one less thing to worry about."

As for where to sit in an arena - as long as I can see the whole ice, it doesn't really matter. Just not behind the mesh; that's tough on the eyes.

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
I'm totally a sit on the side guy, I dont mind deep into the zone since centre ice tickets can be harder to get and/or more expensive so most times like my season tickets I end up between the blueline and the faceoff circle in the zone.

Ditto - I like being up high enough that you can see the play develop, and being able to see what's going on at both ends of the ice.

At the end of the day, it's completely personal preference - any seat in an OHL barn is better than no seat in an OHL barn!

Stanley Foobrick

Clockwork Blue
Apr 2, 2007
Fooville, Ontario
Regarding parking in Hamilton - I was looking up prices last week as I have tickets to the Shania concert in June. Parking is about $5, depending on the lot, and some "event" lots weren't much more. I remember thinking "one less thing to worry about."

As for where to sit in an arena - as long as I can see the whole ice, it doesn't really matter. Just not behind the mesh; that's tough on the eyes.

Your Shania parking will jump up to $20 as it did when my wife took our youngest to Disney on Ice this March break.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I know it's playoff time but come next season Niagara being an obvious one anyone else know who the Hamilton rivals would be?

It will be interesting to see how the schedule thing next year Hamilton can't be in the east and play few games with in the division.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
It will be interesting to see how the schedule thing next year Hamilton can't be in the east and play few games with in the division.

My bad Jason2020 i ment to ask outside of Hamilton being in the East who would their rivals be... After Niagara would it be Guelph and then Kitchener being the closest to Hamilton?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad